The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
good news EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
good news EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
good news EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
good news EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
good news EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
good news EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
good news EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
good news EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
good news EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

good news Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

good news

good news Empty good news

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 08:08

Tottenham optimistic Rafael van der Vaart could return from injury earlier than expected but Younes Kaboul ruled out for two weeks
    Dutchman's hamstring tear not as serious as initially thought

2 Dec 2010 07:30:00

EXCLUSIVE
    By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Rafael van der Vaart could return to action earlier than expected despite tearing a hamstring during Tottenham’s victory over Liverpool, Goal.com UK can reveal.

The Dutch playmaker had a scan on Tuesday on his hamstring, an injury which would typically rule a player out for three to four weeks.
    But Spurs are hopeful that the injury is less serious than initially feared. They have not set a date on van der Vaart’s return and will continue to monitor his progress.

Although he will almost certainly miss Saturday’s Premier League trip to Birmingham and next Tuesday’s Champions League tie against FC Twente, the club are not discounting the possibility he could return for the mouth-watering derby clash against Chelsea on Sunday week.

The inspirational summer signing, who has scored eight goals in 14 matches since moving to White Hart Lane from Real Madrid, has picked up a series of minor injuries.

He had missed Tottenham’s previous match against Werder Bremen with an ankle knock and was hindered by a hamstring strain in early November.

Meanwhile, Younes Kaboul, who also limped off in the first half of the Liverpool win last Sunday, has been ruled out for a fortnight with a hip injury.

Kaboul, who has formed an increasingly impressive partnership with William Gallas in the Spurs defence, will miss the Birmingham, Twente and Chelsea matches.

The French defender joins Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate on the sidelines but manager Harry Redknapp will be heartened that Michael Dawson is edging closer to a first-team return after three months out with a knee injury.

Dawson was due to take part in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Charlton on Tuesday but it was postponed because of the big freeze.

Nevertheless, the England international could be named in the squad for Saturday’s game alongside the only two fit centre-backs, Gallas and Sebastien Bassong.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

good news Empty Re: good news

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 03 2010, 10:01

Brilliant. Lets hope eh?
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Dec 03 2010, 18:14

That is good news, i feared th worst when he limped off down the tunnel and reports were saying a torn hamstring. Now iv never tore my hamstring but it dont sound too pleasant!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 03 2010, 21:16

I had a minor tear of the calf muscle once and it was pure agony, the whole of my calf turned blue and I was on crutches.Took about a month before I was better.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Dec 04 2010, 14:35

I've torn a nail before, does that count?

It stung like buggery for ages but I made a full recovery in a couple of days.

Nancy boys these Footballers, the lot of 'em.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content