The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Good News. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Good News. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Good News. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Good News. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Good News. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Good News. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Good News. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Good News. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Good News. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Good News. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Good News.

Good News. Empty Good News.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 19:12

Gallas and pienaar are back in training, a report on news now quoted clive allen as saying they might even be in contention for the qpr game, though its doubtful which is why i didnt add this to the qpr match thread.
    It seems a shame that we seem to lose king, then get gallas back, or we lose gallas while king is ok to play.
    Its possible king,s groin isnt that bad afterall, but i only found one report on kings progress since going off at newcastle , so hold your breath on that one.

Good News. Empty Re: Good News.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 02:12

good news about galas. as for the pienar the most pointless signing in recent years lol doubt he wil make the bench

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 02:25

I think he was only ever bought as cover lought, he didnt cost much and he did ok at the toffees.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Oct 28 2011, 03:10

At the moment, he's probably the most suitable midfielder to play on the right with Walker as his defensive discipline is better than VDV or Modders.

Play him on the right, Modders on the left, VDV in the middle with Sandro & Parker behind. Drop Bale to the bench and we have balance, flair and pace as Disco Benny can overlap on the left.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 04:28

yes i agree. bale should be benched. plus it will do him good to come on aganst tired defenders

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 05:44

Don't know abour Pienaar on the right Ion. He is predominantly a left sided player . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sat Oct 29 2011, 08:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:good news about galas. as for the pienar the most pointless signing in recent years lol doubt he wil make the bench

A bit harsh Lou I think is a hard working technical versatile player he does not moan if benched. just what we want in our squad
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Oct 29 2011, 11:37

VisionarySound wrote:Don't know abour Pienaar on the right Ion. He is predominantly a left sided player . . . . .

He is Vis, but he is also disciplined and knows how to do the job he's given. He's also played on the right before for Everton.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 29 2011, 21:37

ionman34 wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Don't know abour Pienaar on the right Ion. He is predominantly a left sided player . . . . .

He is Vis, but he is also disciplined and knows how to do the job he's given. He's also played on the right before for Everton.

I have to say that he isnt the best i have seen ion , he seems to get tangled up with opposing players a lot and doesnt seem to make telling passes often, its a little confusing what his role is when he plays but having said that he hasnt really played a lot so this is not a knock down of the player.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31 2011, 06:25

Mr Plums. wrote:
    Its possible king,s groin isnt that bad afterall, but i only found one report on kings progress since going off at newcastle , so hold your breath on that one.

Good to see the article i found on kings injury was pretty well spot on, pleased for the bloke.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 31 2011, 18:11

What do those that wanted Bale benched have to say now after Sundays performance?

The guy is a match winner that's why all the top clubs in Europe want him and are prepared to offer fortunes for him.
    Sure he will have quiet games all top players do but they all have that ability to turn games and Bale did it Sunday as he has done on many occasions in the last year.

He would be one of the first on my team sheet every week and if he doesn't play regularly he will be off.How would you like them apples?

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31 2011, 19:03

totalytot wrote:
    What do those that wanted Bale benched have to say now after Sundays performance?

The guy is a match winner that's why all the top clubs in Europe want him and are prepared to offer fortunes for him.
    Sure he will have quiet games all top players do but they all have that ability to turn games and Bale did it Sunday as he has done on many occasions in the last year.

He would be one of the first on my team sheet every week and if he doesn't play regularly he will be off.How would you like them apples?

Mikey M

Well i can see the point of benching him to run at tired defenders later on in a game, i thought that might also work with lennon but it seems harry knows best and this doesnt happen.
    He is subject to a lot of attention from opposing players because he exploded onto the scene a year back and paid the price with some awful tackles on him and a couple of nasty injuries.
    He is tending to go down easy now but i guess he has to protect himself from injury before it happens.
    I still have faith in him but he has to look after himself a bit more.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 01 2011, 03:54

Bench Bale? I don't think so. He was brilliant on Sunday. His pace must terrify defenders.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01 2011, 04:06

he was better aganst qpr

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01 2011, 05:53

BazSpur wrote:Bench Bale? I don't think so. He was brilliant on Sunday. His pace must terrify defenders.

Its different when you see them in the flesh baz ! he is a great player and i think injuries have made him a little wary now.
    No i wouldnt bench him though i can see why some can see an advantage in bringing such a player on to run at tired defenders.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Nov 01 2011, 07:18

Bring him on when we are losing or playing badly? No thanks. We need him from the start to do what he did against QPR then when he's done the business sub him, but you can't start without him.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content