The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Spurs Boss offski EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Spurs Boss offski EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Spurs Boss offski EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Spurs Boss offski EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Spurs Boss offski EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Spurs Boss offski EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Spurs Boss offski EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Spurs Boss offski EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Spurs Boss offski EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Spurs Boss offski Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Spurs Boss offski

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Spurs Boss offski Empty Spurs Boss offski

Post by LOBO Sun Dec 05 2010, 23:53

Spurs Boss offski Harry-Redknapp-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-Leag_2531897
    Redknapp: Leading candidate

Football Association acting chief executive Alex Horne has admitted that Harry Redknapp will be in the running for the England job. Current coach Fabio Capello is not due to step down until 2012, but that has done little to curb speculation as to who his replacement will be.Tottenham boss Redknapp is widely considered to be a leading candidate, having underlined his considerable credentials during his time at White Hart Lane.The fact that he is English also makes him a preferred choice, with supporters keen to see a home-grown manager given the reins once Italian tactician Capello departs.Horne admits it would be foolish to overlook Redknapp, given all he has achieved in the game, and expects him to be a frontrunner for the post.He said: "Harry Redknapp is a great manager. Tottenham are playing great football and to qualify well for the Champions League (knockout stage) from a position of being fourth favourites in the group is huge testimony to that."I would expect Harry to make a long list (for the England job). It may not be a very long, long list."Policy

Horne insists there is no process in place as yet for appointing a successor to Capello, but claims the FA will do all they can to get the right man for the job, regardless of nationality."He's there until 2012 which gives me 18, 19 months to prepare for that process," he added."It is not a policy decision that they (the contenders) would be English. It is an absolute preference for certain individuals. It is not yet a board decision."We thought about this long and hard when we got Fabio Capello. We got the right man for the job and that is what we will do again."It is not a policy decision that they will definitely be English."I will be finalising the selection process criteria during the first few months of next year for internal discussion."

Spurs Boss offski Empty Re: Spurs Boss offski

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 06:31

Yeah would just be right that we lose the best thing that has happened to this club in recent times...

"you dont know what you got " " until you lose it ".....John Lennon...rip

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 07:22

John candy he left us to soon. Its ironic that all hes life he had weight problems and in the last year before he passed away he started to listin to people and lose weight because he had heart problems and was going to try and get heathly and then he was taken from us.

Brandon lee another 1 taken from us just as he was about to hit the big time.
    In 1992, Lee landed the lead role of Eric Draven, in the movie adaptation of The Crow, a popular underground comic book. About his character, an undead rock musician avenging his murder and that of his fiancée, Lee said, "He has something he has to do and he is forced to put aside his own pain long enough to go do it". It would be Lee's last film. Filming began on February 1, 1993, which was his 28th birthday.
    [edit] Death

On March 31, 1993, while making The Crow, the crew filmed a scene in which his character walks into his apartment and discovers his fiance being beaten and raped by thugs. Actor Michael Massee, who played one of the film's villains, was supposed to fire a pistol at Lee as he walked onto the scene.[citation needed]

Because the movie's second unit was running behind schedule, they decided to make dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional but contain no propellant or primers) from real cartridges by pulling out the bullets, dumping out the propellant and reinserting the bullets. However, the team neglected to remove the primers, which, if fired, could still produce just enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel (a squib load). At some point prior to the fatal scene, the live primer in one of the improperly constructed dummy rounds was discharged by an unknown person while in the pistol, leaving the bullet stuck in the barrel.

This malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was later reloaded with blank cartridges and used in the scene in which Lee was shot. When the first blank cartridge was fired, the stuck bullet was propelled out of the barrel and struck Lee in the abdomen, lodging in his spine. He fell down instantly, and director Alex Proyas shouted "Cut!". When Lee did not get up, the cast and crew rushed to him and found that he was wounded. He was immediately rushed to the New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington by ambulance, but following a six-hour operation to remove the bullet, Lee was pronounced dead at 1:04 pm on March 31, 1993. He was 28 years old.

Lee's body was flown to Jacksonville, North Carolina, where an autopsy was performed. He was then flown to Seattle, Washington, where he was buried next to his father at Lake View cemetery, in a plot that Linda Lee Cadwell had originally reserved for herself.

The private funeral took place in Seattle, Washington, on April 3, 1993. Only close family and friends were permitted to attend, including Lee's immediate family as well as fiancée Eliza Hutton's parents and younger sister, who flew in from Missouri. The following day, 250 of Lee's family, friends and business associates attended a memorial service in Los Angeles, held at the house of actress Polly Bergen.

The gravestone, designed by North Snohomish County sculptor Kirk McLean, is a tribute to Lee and Hutton. Its two twisting rectangles of charcoal granite join at the bottom and pull apart at the top. "It represents Eliza and Brandon, the two of them, and how the tragedy of his death separated their mortal life together", said his mother, Linda Lee Cadwell, who described son, like father, as a poetic, romantic person.[4] The shooting was ruled an accident.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 06 2010, 10:15

Lought? Is there any reason you posted this in the Spurs chat forum.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 12:21

yea i was replying to lew about you dont know what its got till its gone. Anyway threads hardly get replied to when they or in the other sections.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 05:58

And they are in other sections for a reason Lought lol. Now if this was Bale saying I'm offskis 'arry would rightly 'ave the 'ump . Fess up 'arry and tell us YOUR plans . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 07:02

yea sorry i did seem to go off on one then. as for harry i wish he would come out and say he wants to stay with us. he expects loyalty from hes players but he wont show that himself.

him sayin he wouldnt want to be england manager if offferd is the same as bale being offerd 200k a week to play for city or even goin real if offerd

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 07:21

Spot on Lought . . . .. .

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 07:32

i would imagine capello will see out his contract till 2012, and tottenham will free harry from his contract that runs to 2013 when cappelo goes.

Of course this might not happen unless the the most vital thing happens and that is if harry is invited to be england manager, so it aint set in stone, harry will be hitting mid 60s and might be deemed too old..who knows?

Things change constantly in football........... santa

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 07:47

I would not blame 'arry should he ever take the England job. I would be dissapointed but no more so then when Daws & Defoe picked up injuries playing for the national side. Highest honour a manager could ever have. But I do wish 'arry would come clean and state once & for all it's ambition within a given period of time . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 01:21