The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

AC Milan boss in Spurs slur.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. Empty AC Milan boss in Spurs slur.

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 22 2010, 06:47

AC Milan boss in Spurs slur

News | idv | December 21, 2010 at 4:17 pm

AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. Championsleaguetrophy001
    AC Milan manager Masimiliano Allegri believes that the upcoming
    Champions League tie against Tottenham Hotspur ‘could have been worse’.
    Hopefully Harry Redknapp and the boys will silence the Italian and show him that we aren’t a pushover.
    Allegri said: “All the teams who have made it this far are good, but
    it could have been worse. Tottenham score freely and have quality up
    front, but they always give something away at the back.”
    “Tottenham are certainly an excellent team, but they are one of the least tricky of the possible opponents.”

AC Milan boss in Spurs slur. Empty Re: AC Milan boss in Spurs slur.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 08:48

i hope harry pins this to the dressing room b4 the game for gomez ekotto galas and king to see
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:01

I think that is a very honest opinion of how he see's us as a team, and lets be honest here he aint wrong , we don't have the best defence and our goal keeper is bound to make the headlines at any given moment, but thats what people like to see , a team that attacks and entertains which we do , so its little wonder we will always conceed at the back, unless of course we shut up shop and play boring boring football

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 06:12

I make lob right here, we have got an awful defence, it doesnt matter how much the praises of bassong,hutton, ekotto and gallas are praised, we are leaking goals, we have kept one clean sheet all season, but one other thing that people dont mention on here is gomes,if he is such a great keeper why do we keep getting gaffs from the bloke.

He has been at spurs for 2 seasons now, and yes he can be good but its like having a jester in goal for us, look at the man utd debacle which sealed the game for them ! then the latest blunder against chelsea.

Yes i know i will get flak for these comments but i have lost confidence in the bloke........and now i will hear how many times he has pulled off brilliant saves................ santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 23 2010, 06:53

Yeah but he's pulled off loads of brilliant saves though Lew. Wink
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Dec 23 2010, 07:55

Don't forget his saves Lew. lol!

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 23 2010, 08:00

lol! Mikey.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:47

lewspurs wrote:
    I make lob right here, we have got an awful defence, it doesnt matter how much the praises of bassong,hutton, ekotto and gallas are praised, we are leaking goals, we have kept one clean sheet all season, but one other thing that people dont mention on here is gomes,if he is such a great keeper why do we keep getting gaffs from the bloke.

He has been at spurs for 2 seasons now, and yes he can be good but its like having a jester in goal for us, look at the man utd debacle which sealed the game for them ! then the latest blunder against chelsea.

Yes i know i will get flak for these comments but i have lost confidence in the bloke........and now i will hear how many times he has pulled off brilliant saves................ santa jocolor santa jocolor santa jocolor

Gomes has the David James syndrom , one minute utterly brilliant the next complete calamity, i must admit i always hold my breath when ever there is a corner against us because you just dont know what hes gonna do ie fist it , catch it, or drop it lool

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 03:19

yep he does make mistakes but he also saves shots most keepers cant get to. remember when robbo used to let in 3/4 goals a game. well last season we never let in more then 2 goals a game. its only this season we let in goals but we have been without king daws woody and galas hasnt played much

so yea gomez can be so furstratin but hes stil young. goalkeepers peak about 30

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 07:52

Cant wait till he,s 30 lought ! santa
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Dec 24 2010, 09:28

First point i'd like to make is about what the Milan Boss said, i have to agree i can't see it as a slur. It's bang on. But we haven't had our first choice CB pairing for any length of time this season in fact we've been using 4th & 5th choice at best for a lot of it.
    That's working off my ratings
    1, King
    2, Woodgate
    3, Dawson
    4, Gallas
    5, Bassong
    6, Kaboul
    When everyone would be fit regularly. I know a few will differ some where bu not by much i wager.

That does lead nicely on to Gomes, the octopus! He's suffering from never having the same CB's in front of him week in week out. No one gets enough time to know each others game. He tries to take control & do to much to help the makeshift defence. Therefore leading to mistakes.

Look at when he was at his most consistent & really earning his spurs (No pun intended lol) it was always Dawson & either King or Bassong & he knew what he got from both combinations & could just play his own game.

Yes he drops the odd clanger, but as a shot stopper he's second to none & i can guarantee you that he's saved us over five times more points than he's ever lost us in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 08:14