The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Rose happy to blossom away from the capital EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Rose happy to blossom away from the capital Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Rose happy to blossom away from the capital

Rose happy to blossom away from the capital Empty Rose happy to blossom away from the capital

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13 2010, 18:36

DANNY Rose would rather stay at Bristol City than return to Tottenham if it means he can play regular first team football.

Speaking openly about his loan move from White Hart Lane to Ashton Gate, the young left winger hinted for the first time that his long-term future may lie in the West and not London.

Signed by City boss Keith Millen in September, Rose regularly returns to the capital to train with his parent club.

But the prospects of the England Under-21 international breaking into Harry Redknapp's first team plans appear as remote as ever as Tottenham pursue a policy of signing big-name foreign imports in their quest for the Premier League and UEFA Champions League titles.

Rose burst onto the Premier League scene when scoring a spectacular long-range goal on his senior debut against Arsenal towards the end of last season, since when he has been left out in the cold, prompting his move to City and the Championship earlier this season.

And it seems Rose is happy to remain in Bristol so long as he is playing regularly and improving his game.

"I don't want to go back to Tottenham if it means watching games from the stands every Saturday," declared Rose, whose performances have rendered him a more or less automatic selection on the left side of City's midfield.

"I'm enjoying life in Bristol, because I get to play every week. That is the single biggest difference between being at Tottenham and being here.

"At Tottenham, I would be left kicking my heels without a game at weekends, whereas I feel as though I'm a part of things down here.

"I've moved into a nice flat in Bristol, I'm settling in and making new friends and the lads in the dressing room have made me feel really welcome. Why would I not want to stay at Bristol City?

"I still go back to London to train with Spurs, normally for one or two days a week, but I don't seem to be getting any nearer the first team. It's a difficult situation, because I just want to be playing and improving."

Despite his lack of first team experience, Rose has coped well with the demands of Championship football, showing why England Under-21 manager Stuart Pearce thinks so highly of him.

Capable of playing at left back, left wing or in the centre of midfield, Rose has helped City climb off the foot of the Championship table and escape the relegation zone in a manner which suggests his future prospects might be better served by making his move to Bristol a permanent one.

He recalls: "I'd played in the Championship previously with Peterborough and Norwich, but never had a run of games like I'm getting here. I'm learning quickly and I feel my game is improving every time I play.

"People ask me if playing in the Championship is a shock to the system, but it's not like that. I played at this level before and I knew pretty much what to expect when I came to Bristol City. But it still surprises me that the bottom side can beat the top side in this league.

"Preston have been struggling at the bottom, yet they went to Cardiff and got a draw the other week. That kind of thing simply doesn't happen in the Premier League."

Rose is relishing the freedom that comes with the role he has been given on the left side of City's midfield. But he admits life can be frustrating when he is not being fed the ball as often as he would like.

Rose reasoned: "When you have two natural right-footed players in the centre of midfield, the ball tends to go out to the right wing more often. That's great for Albert Adomah, but a bit frustrating for me."

Frozen out of the recent home game against Leicester by a lack of service, Rose excelled when given the ball in the following match against Sheffield United.

He said: "That was probably my best performance so far. As a winger, you can only show what you can do when you get the ball and I got the ball plenty of times in that game.

"I feel I'm getting into dangerous areas on a more regular basis, but I won't be happy until I've scored my first goal. It's been a long time coming, but I just have to keep believing in myself."

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk

Rose happy to blossom away from the capital Empty Re: Rose happy to blossom away from the capital

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13 2010, 18:42

Good article max, however what does harry do ? when bale does what he does on the left wing, rose is a decent enough player but you cant keep them all happy !
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Rose happy to blossom away from the capital Empty Re: Rose happy to blossom away from the capital

Post by totalytot Tue Dec 14 2010, 01:45

Rose is a good player and will get better but I don't see him reaching top international class and we have so much better at the club and probably will be getting further additions in January. So the chamionship is his best bet to be honest. I hope he signs for a good club and has a great career but he isn't going to pull up any trees for us in my opinion.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 18:14