The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

crouch

crouch Empty crouch

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 08:46

Let me say in advance that this isn't meant to be a thread bashing Crouch. In fact it isn't even meant to be a thread discussing Crouch's abilities in general. It's just a genuine, specific question:

When was the last time he scored a goal for Spurs that wasn't a) a header, b) a tap-in or c) a penalty?

crouch Empty Re: crouch

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 08:51

How the hell else is he meant to score Lought ? He's a striker, he ain't going to hit 40 yard screamers . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 09:16

why not. pav does defoe has scored good goals. berbatov always scores good goals

did you see darren bents goal last week lol
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jan 05 2011, 18:10

Lought i will let you in on a little secret, a fair few Sunderland fans up here are staring to get the real hump with Mr Darren Bent, for the exact reason we did far FAR too many wasted chances, yeah hes there top scorer, but you look at hes goals scored since Gyan and welbeck have been in the team, it aint great!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jan 05 2011, 19:01

Crouch isn't scoring goals fullstop and redknapp is fully aware we need goals , credit to harry he has dropped crouch in recent games , but in defence of crouch he is a useful weapon to bring on when all else fails say the last 20 mins of a game, the long ball then comes into its own, but he really needs to find the net soon .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 05 2011, 19:05

I agree with that lobs. Crouch could indeed be used as a useful impact player cos he sure as hell shouldn't be used from kickoff unless we are short on strikers. He does a lot of things well except score. I will agree with Lought on that point.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:Let me say in advance that this isn't meant to be a thread bashing Crouch. In fact it isn't even meant to be a thread discussing Crouch's abilities in general. It's just a genuine, specific question:

When was the last time he scored a goal for Spurs that wasn't a) a header, b) a tap-in or c) a penalty?

So basically you are saying that scoring with his head, his foot or from a set piece do not count, with Crouch, when rating him as a striker.

Tough crowd Lought.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:42

You could also say Ion that Lought does not count Defoe goals when he scores hat-tricks or 5 a game ! ! ! ! Very tough crowd indeed . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 06:32

ion hes still scored 5 in 2011. i would be happy if he scored more tap ins or headers but ina team that creates bundles of chances which he even said him self then he should score more.

as for darren bent. he scored loads last season and also scores away at top grounds. hes been injurid this season and still scored a few.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jan 06 2011, 16:25

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]ion hes still scored 5 in 2011. i would be happy if he scored more tap ins or headers but ina team that creates bundles of chances which he even said him self then he should score more.

Irrelevant to your question Lought. You asked when was the last time he scored a goal that wasn't a header, a tap in or a penalty.

It doesn't really leave him too many other opportunities to score does it? Particularly when you're not counting goals he scores with his head or foot!

Let me ask you a question, was Pele regarded as the best striker ever due to the amount of goals he scored with his a*se? His kneecap? His inner thigh?

Crouch has enough trouble getting on the scoresheet without being handicapped by only being allowed to use certain body parts!

as for darren bent. he scored loads last season and also scores away at top grounds. hes been injurid this season and still scored a few.

So what? He has gone and won't be coming back so whittering on about him achieves nothing but argument. He wasn't good enough to lead our line before and I've seen nothing to make me believe he could do any better now.

Keane appears to be on the way now and, hopefully, this means that we have a striker lined up. If it's Suarez then I'll be very happy, if it's Torres even more so.

If it's both then I'll be ecstatic!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jan 06 2011, 18:17

Suarez, yes.......... Torres yes yes yes. Both yessssssssssssssssssssssss! Ion i think me and you are singing from the same hymn sheet here pal
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jan 06 2011, 19:20

Bottom line is we're not scoring enough goals .

well our strikers arnt, VDV is an exception because he is pure quailty and so is bale & modric and a lot of our goals have come from midfield this season even lennon has been getting in on the act, the only decent striker atm is pav, defoe is to rapped up in himself more intertesd in his england career it seems , cant be bothered to sign autograths out side the ground when all the other players did , defoe the twonk got his driver to drop him off by the gate skipping the signing session ..to me that was disrespectful , and crouch for all his streaky long legs and bigging it up in the post match interview aint worth a wan-k .. he does try but to no avail , we need goals end of , defoe & crouch are not scoring defoe in his defence is to busy looking good and hasnt done naff all for us , all the time we keep stinking up for rubbish we wont win jack sh-it

neither crouch nor defoe have ever been polithic if theres such a word , we need a fresh insert to the club a new direction, lets not dilly daly in the transfer market lets get suarez not that crazy northern done nothing gieordie, if we sign carroll that would for me would be a typical spurs signing , we have class in the squad with modders , bale vdv , now lets add some more proven talent in suarez not this andy carroll shight , we need to move forward not stay stuck on pause

Post by Guest Fri Jan 07 2011, 07:31

well said. now we know why jol wouldnt play defoe. hes very averge striker.

suarez is the guy i want.

crouch starts we play long ball we lose.

pav and defoe aganst man u please harry with suarez on the bench ready to come on in the 2nd half

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content