The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
Adethfc
Boltjean
SuneJim
cstmrsking
8 posters

Crouch

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Crouch Empty Crouch

Post by cstmrsking Sat Jul 18 2009, 23:45

Crouch looking more likley to join us. If Arrys comments are true.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crouch Empty Re: Crouch

Post by SuneJim Sun Jul 19 2009, 23:12

Now the general rule of Journalism is the closer it is to the back page the more truth there is in the story. So when it's on the back pages like it is today i'd say there is a very good chance Crouch(ING) Tiger, Hidden Talent will be a Spurs player within the week.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Jul 20 2009, 05:51

I have not seen Crouch as much as most of you lads but when I have I have not rated him, not bad in the air, on the ground I do not think he has very good ball control, to gangly imo. When I have seen him play for England it seems to me it's a case of a long ball down the middle on to Crouche's head and he then headers down hoping someone gets on the end of it, and I can see this being the game plan of Harry, aim for Crouche's head. This is just my opinion, but if we do land him I hope he proves me wrong but in all honesty I can see the Spurs style of football becoming boring should he sign.
    Adethfc
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by Adethfc Mon Jul 20 2009, 10:12

no no and no. someone give me arrys number i will tell him no.

"but dont you think he could be a good..." NO!

Just no people. just no!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jul 20 2009, 10:30

I fancy Crouch potatoe to join us.

is this the best we can do ? cyclops
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Jul 20 2009, 11:33

I think this has been Harry's plan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he's always wanted Crouch but knowing the Football purists amongst us wouldn't want that he's had us linked with Jones so that when he does sign Crouch we're all relieved more than annoyed. I nearly feel for it as well lol.

Have to agree with Len on this when he plays for a team they do end up going root one,,,,,,,,,,,,, whether it's the plan or not & he's not the best with his head either,,,,,,,, i've seen him go up as an attacker at corners & clear the ball out of the danger area better than any defender could when it comes off the back of his head. Then when he has a chance to get his head on the ball & knock it down like he's there for he jumps up chests it down & loses the ball in between his gangly legs.

Don't want him either,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but as usual will support him if he joins.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jul 20 2009, 20:39

I'm sure he's going to join us Sky even had defoe on saying it would be great If Crouch came as we played well together at Pompey.Again he's not better than what we have already and if Harry is so determined to get rid of Bent then why turn down 12 and then 14 mil for him. Crouch could come strike up a great partnership with Defoe and we will be happy. I can't really see it, but he has scored quite a few goals for England so we will see.
    Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21 2009, 08:45

I've said before that I think Crouch is better on the ground than in the air. Given that he's about 12 feet tall he's total pants with his head. To use Jims wonderfull moniker, Crouch(ing) Tiger, Hidden Talent is probably not the best option for us, but hey ho let's wait and see what happens . . . . . . .
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Wed Jul 22 2009, 00:15

great signing if it happens gives us more options up front nice to see a spurs manager trying to build a team and not rushing out buying so called stars who are all about then selfs and not the team

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22 2009, 01:31

we are guna become long ball spurs. the new wimbledon. its obvious we are guna get crouch. so now we got portsmouth forward line. have u seen crouch try and bring the ball down. we go from hoddle ginola teddy berbatov to crouch.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22 2009, 07:41

Lol, is that what they call natural progression Lought ?????
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 16 2010, 03:14

Thought I would retrieve this from the transfer section to highlight
    what some were saying before we bought him. Mixed reaction really.
    There are other posts saying much the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content