The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

crouch

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

crouch Empty crouch

Post by shearspur Sun Apr 10 2011, 05:59

just got back from match. crouch got a good reception from the crowd which he looked plased with, then celebrated well for his two goals with us. put in a good shift all day for me.good to see hud back and kaboul both did well. modric ran the game and worked his a*se off, what a player. stoke had two chances first half and buried both.good game.

crouch Empty Re: crouch

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10 2011, 07:38

Thanx for the match report Shear. Was a bit scary towards the end but a much needed 3 points . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Apr 10 2011, 19:22

The perfect way for him to bounce back and am pleased to crowd didnt give him too much grief!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Apr 10 2011, 19:52

There was a few boos when he was first announced as playing but the rest of us reminded the idiots who did it that he plays for Spurs and should be supported as all of them are. Soon shut them up.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 07:13

i had a feeling he would start and score. didnt pav do well to assist wiv both goals. i never saw the whole game though.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 07:51

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp was happy with Spurs fans' backing of Peter Crouch as the striker scored twice in Saturday's 3-2 win over Stoke.

Redknapp revealed he had concerns about the home support's reaction to Crouch after his red card in Tuesday's 4-0 Champions League loss at Real Madrid.

But the Spurs boss said: "Full credit to the fans today, they were fantastic.

Crouch added he was pleased to get the chance to thank the fans for their backing after a "difficult week".

"The fans were magnificent and have been great to me since I got here," said the 30-year-old England international.

"I was down after Tuesday's game, but after a couple of goals and a win today I've gone some way to repaying their faith.

"I apologised to the manager and to the players [on Tuesday], but I got the opportunity to apologise to the fans as well today for what were a couple of silly tackles."

Redknapp publicly backed Crouch following his dismissal in the 15th minute of Tuesday's quarter-final first-leg defeat at the Bernabeu.

And the manager backed up his words with action on Saturday by keeping faith with Crouch and was rewarded as the striker bagged a brace of headers in the vital 3-2 victory over Stoke.

All five goals came in a first half dominated by the home side, but during which they twice allowed the visitors a way back into the match.

Crouch's 11th-minute header and an angled drive from Luka Modric gave Spurs a 2-0 lead before Matthew Etherington's superb solo goal pulled one back for Stoke.

A second Crouch header restored the two-goal cushion, before Stoke again struck back through Kenwyne Jones' 25-yard strike. The second half, though, was goal-less.

It is a timely win for Spurs after Tuesday's defeat and boosts their pursuit of a top-four finish, which had faltered during a run of four league matches without victory.

They are now just three points behind fourth-placed Manchester City with seven league games remaining, includinga home game against Roberto Mancini's team.

"I knew we'd come back after Tuesday," claimed Redknapp. "We've got great players here.

"I thought it was a pleasure to watch us play in the first half. It was everything I love to watch in football. We moved the ball about, we made angles, we passed it great and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.

"But, from absolutely dominating from first minute to the last in the first half we find ourselves only 3-2 up.

"Credit to Stoke. I knew that second goal just before half time would give them a real lifeline and second half they really went for it. They made it difficult for us and they are a difficult team to beat."

Redknapp reiterated his desire to finish in the top four for the second successive season and secure Champions League football again after their maiden appearance in the competition this campaign.

"We've had a great run in the Champions League and we want more of it," added Redknapp.

"If we can do it again next year and get back in the Champions League it will be an even bigger achievement because Manchester City have improved massively since finishing fifth last year."

Stoke boss Tony Pulis praised his side's second half display at White Hart Lane and thought his team were close to pulling off another impressive draw after taking a point against Chelsea last week.

"We had a poor start but their strikers caused us all sorts of problems," said Pulis.

"In the second half we pushed and created a lot of problems for them and in the end they were pleased to hear the whistle I think."

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 09:03

vis i wana hear your thoughs on the game. all i saw was motd.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:08

Stoke game or Real game Lought ?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 21:23

stoke. i saw the real game lol

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11 2011, 23:58

lol Fishing . fIRST 12 MINUTES WE LOOKED BRIGHT & UP FOR IT. tHEN MY INTERNET CONNECTION DIED AND BY THE TIME i GOT IT SORTED IT WAS HALF-TIME ! ! ! Caps lock was on and I aint re-typing LOL. 2nd half we started ok but Stoke where in the game and looked good. After Pavy's disallowed effort (for what I'm not sure) it seemed that we went into our-selves and decided to defend the lead but credit to Stoke for forcing that situation. Last 5 minutes of time & the time added on were real squeaky-bum time as it was all Stoke and we couldn't seem to keep posession. There was a definate bit of bite about the game with a few meaty challenges flying in & a definate edge between players of both teams. All told a hard fought 3 points and from what I've seen of the 1st half highlights deservered on that performance alone . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content