The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  Empty Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 07:13

Watford have signed Tottenham winger Andros Townsend on loan until the end of the season.
    Townsend, 19, spent the first half of this campaign on loan with Ipswich and marked his full Spurs debut with a goal in the FA Cup win over Charlton earlier this month.
    He goes straight into the squad to face Cardiff in the npower Championship this weekend and Spurs have installed a 24-hour recall clause into the deal.

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  Empty Re: Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 09:20

bloody stupid. another kid out on loan. the 2 leagues are so differnt. he should stay here and be given a chance when we are winning. give lennon a rest. rooney was ready at 19

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  Empty Re: Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:00

Loughtonlegend wrote:bloody stupid. another kid out on loan. the 2 leagues are so differnt. he should stay here and be given a chance when we are winning. give lennon a rest. rooney was ready at 19

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,
    Lought, Trabbant plays in that sooooooooooooo different league. Opps . . . . . .. wurp
    'arry is a loaner. Obviously he feels that some youngsters will benefit from this. Right or wrong only future seasons will tell . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:12

yes and hes too good for that league

we loan our own kids out then never ever see them again.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 10:16

You're right Lought. Townsend is far to good good for that league. But thats Uncle 'arry for you. A kind soul who likes to spread his riches around the poorer members of society . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 11:24

i just wana see what other clubs do and give our kids a chance. dont u think he would do better playin in games in the prem. 3 1 up aganst a lesser team at home wiv 15mins left and rest lennon.

same as kyle walker. and we missed somone like adel aganst man u when again we could break down 10 men united
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 21 2011, 11:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:i just wana see what other clubs do and give our kids a chance. dont u think he would do better playin in games in the prem. 3 1 up aganst a lesser team at home wiv 15mins left and rest lennon.

And those games where we aren't 3 up with 15 to play, which is the majority? The kid then gets no game time whatsoever for the majority of the season.

He will have his opportunity. You like to bang on about how Rooney was ready at 19, what was Everton's squad like at the time?

same as kyle walker. and we missed somone like adel aganst man u when again we could break down 10 men united

And there's the Adel big up again.

Bite your tongue Lought.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 21 2011, 12:06

will he get a chance . most of our kids go on loan and lose there confidence and then vanish . when was last time we gave 1 of our own a chance. lennon was poached so was bale and dawson

whats the point of having an academy if they never get used

we spend loads on other players kids then loan then back.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 21 2011, 14:36

Loughtonlegend wrote:will he get a chance . most of our kids go on loan and lose there confidence and then vanish . when was last time we gave 1 of our own a chance. lennon was poached so was bale and dawson

whats the point of having an academy if they never get used

we spend loads on other players kids then loan then back.

They're kids Lought. We currently have a squad of established Internationals, some of which are World Class, so 'giving the kids a chance' is exactly what Harry is doing by putting them out on loan.

I can understand the argument for getting the reserves up and running again, even agree with it, but reserve Football doesn't provide a competitive edge in the way that 1st team Football does, nor does it provide the same quality opposition.

I feel that our loan policy is a good one. It keeps the 'kids' happy with constant competitive Football, keeps our finances healthy and allows us to see which are most likely to make it in the extremely physical English game.

These 'kids' will have a number of years before they can be considered regular squad members, let alone first teamers. Loaning them out gives us the opportunity to see, from the more competitive league they are in, which should be fast tracked and which let go.

The point of the Academy is to take the raw talent and develop it further, but an Academy is only preparation to a point, the next being the furnace of competition. This displays the temperament of the players, the desire, the patience and all other aspects that the club have to consider before they get a run out.

Just as an aside, please show me where we've spent 'loads' on other teams 'kids', apart from Bale that is. Lennon was 1 mill, Dawson was a makeweight in the fat Irishman deal.

I really can't see the problem with our youth policy.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jan 21 2011, 20:20

The Kyle Walker scenario is perfect and what Harry tries to do with all our 'kids' Kyle Walker burnt up the fizz pop, so got moved on to a prem team in Villa when they enquired, if he cuts it there, then he will be understudy to Hutton next season. When we loaned Taraabt out before, he had good games and some bad games and not one prem team wanted to take him on loan, what does that tell you?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Jan 21 2011, 20:48

Makes me laugh, lets be honest here andros townsend wasnt exactly a house hold name up until he scored that goal in the FA cup and now all of a sudden hes to good for the championship

Lought mate charlton are not Barca, arry sending andros to the championship means he will be active and not sitting on the bench here its a good move IMO cos one game and 1 goal dont make him ready to replace lennon

Post by Guest Sat Jan 22 2011, 04:18

when did adel get a start for spurs. ill tell you when. it was when jol was in charge and we played chelsea away and drew 0 0. prob the only time in the last 10 years we got anything up there

John Bostock cost 7mill
    Grzegorz Rasiak hardly got a start
    kyle naughton7mill from sheff u
    dean perrot 2mil
    chris gunter 3mil
    boatang 5.500 000
    andy reid 4mil
    sandro 8 mill
    gio 8.600 000
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 22 2011, 19:12

Come on Lought, when Taraabt was on loan before, why didnt another prem team take him on loan?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 05:06

why didnt they take gio on loan or walker. i assume nobody in the prem would think that harry would loan him out to a prem team.

the guy is pure class and if only england had aplayer like him then we mite not be utter shite in big tounrments

i see that circus clown beckham was watchin arsneal today. you couldnt make it up

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 05:18

Lought Rasiak was not a youngster when he joined ( I think he was about 26 !)and, quite frankly, he was even worse than Bent . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 05:28

oh was he. although i doubt he got many chances but i agree he didnt look good lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Jan 23 2011, 18:05

Loughtonlegend wrote:why didnt they take gio on loan or walker. i assume nobody in the prem would think that harry would loan him out to a prem team.

the guy is pure class and if only england had aplayer like him then we mite not be utter shite in big tounrments

i see that circus clown beckham was watchin arsneal today. you couldnt make it up

So no straight answer then Lought? Rubbish, as mentioned earlier Walker was too good for the fizzy pop and Villa enquired and Harry let him go on loan there to see if he would cut it in the prem, Taraabt has had nearly two seasons in the fizzy pop and not one prem team has come in for him, when he was our player or when he is QPR's,
    I know what that says to me.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 03:49

yes and he was so good qpr brought him. unlike gio who did nuffin. in fact apart from caulker and walker the rest of our kids or not doing so well.

adel scored again today. oh how we missed somone like him aganst man u

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 04:32

Well if QPR get promotion Lought we will see what Trabbant is capable of against the likes of United, but to be honest I don't really care as he ISN'T a Spurs player anymore. To suggest he would have made a difference for US against Utd is nothing more than supposistion . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jan 24 2011, 05:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:yes and he was so good qpr brought him. unlike gio who did nuffin. in fact apart from caulker and walker the rest of our kids or not doing so well.

adel scored again today. oh how we missed somone like him aganst man u

Yes, a division one team, not one pre team wanted to take him on loan, yes I did see him score a good goal today, cant see him waltzing around 3 prem defenders, I also saw him in the first 45 minutes lose the ball at least three times and stood there with his hands on his hips.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 07:22

is that what ronaldo does. never tracks back.

theres loads of averge players scoring in the prem. in fact this season even the smaller teams are given big teams a go. if you dont think adel would get past players like simpson rafeal then it shows you cant see skill and ability.

players like adel need a team to be built around them like ronaldo like we are doing with vdv

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:36

Lought what is your hang-up here ? As fans we have the right to question who the manager moves on, brings in & simply put - keeps. Once those decisions are made we as fans have to accept that judgement. So instead of championing other teams players and criticising our own why not criticise 'arry ? A bad workman will blame his tools. I don't hear 'arry blaming anyone. The players who you are always happy to praise are players who play for other teams. Not Spurs. Not even the Spurs stiffs . . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:42

Another fuckin thread turned into an Adel Tarabaat love in. why dont we rename this the "Adel Tarabaat Forum" its really boring now Jeez the guys not even that good!!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:46

Lought we know you like the guy but he is old news either deal with it in your head and not on the board or buy a fuckin blue and white hooped shirt!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:48

HotspurRoper wrote:Another fuckin thread turned into an Adel Tarabaat love in. why dont we rename this the "Adel Tarabaat Forum" its really boring now Jeez the guys not even that good!!

PMSL Lee. REPPED.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 22:15