The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
 Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:52

Its really boring now Baz! every day i log on here and its the same old a good thread turned into a debate about an average "OLD" Spurs player
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andros Townsend joins Watford on loan

Post by ionman34 Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:06

Lee has a very good point here Baz. The last bunch that hijacked threads, funnily enough with the same subject matter, got kicked off the site period.

Food for thought there ne-c'est-pas?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:17

True Ion, true (to quote Spandex Bollox lol). Now we Mods have been lax of late. Instance being the who scored for Villa thread, which I was guilty of posting in. If people want the moving threads kinda thing more, shall we say, vigorously moderated say the word and; when I have the time I shall again be firmer. But if people are happy to let the mish-mash chilled vibe continue then thats nice as well . . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:22

Vis! im guilty of starting threads and replying to threads in the wrong part of the board and have apologised countless times (am hopeless)but i just want the Tarabaat threads and posts to stop its boring and pointless!!
    Big up to the Mods ur doing a fabulous job!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 11:21

OMG 1 ROPER ADEL 100 times better then bentley so dont say hes not that good because he has bags of skill.

2 ion hintin that i should be banned because i talk about an ex spurs player i rate. how sad. at least me lobo lew vis baz start threads.

i think its us that contribte the most not the people pickin what threads to reply to when they want. if you dont like what i say then dont reply to my adel post.

vis i know i shouldnt of posted the darren bent post in this section and i just assume you would of moved it a few hours after the game.

i just wish you was quick to move other threads when they are posted in here when nuffin to do with spurs.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 24 2011, 11:57

OK peeps lets calm down a bit. Lought I aint having a pop but you do tend to turn threads that have nothing to do with Adel into Adel threads. So a solution would be to post your Adel threads in other football news. I don't think other posters share your views on Adel. Now I don't want to get into a situation of deleting posts so could you keep your Adel posts to the relevant forum. Mate, I aint being funny but he don't play for us anymore. He belongs in a different forum. Now I have taken on board your complaint that other posts should be deleted and we Mods will be more vigilant in future.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 12:09

baz go read then post. people are the 1ns startin the adel is not good enough so i defend him.

surley they shouldnt keep having sly digs about him then moan when i stick up for the lad. we all have favorite players.

i know if he went to arsenal or man u he would become great.

people forget hes still young 21. and is the player of the championship so far. a league where bostock cant do nuffing
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jan 24 2011, 13:26

2 ion hintin that i should be banned because i talk about an ex spurs player i rate. how sad. at least me lobo lew vis baz start threads.

Righto Lought, time to untwist your panties here mate. If I wanted you banned I'd say 'Baz, can you please ban Lought'. I made a point about hijacking threads, which is what has happened when the whole thing degenerates into an argument about Bent on a Woodgate thread.

Obviously it did the trick.

As for starting threads, are you serious? So if I started a thread titled 'my dog has no nose' then I'm contributing more than someone who actually has a relevant argument?

Of course not, so turn it in! If you really want to get into a contribution to the board poll here I'll stack mine against yours any day of the week .......... Confidently.

i think its us that contribte the most not the people pickin what threads to reply to when they want. if you dont like what i say then dont reply to my adel post.

You don't make an Adel post, you hijack every other post to whine about him.

Okay then let's do this, if the moderators would please put a poll up on posters who's contributions enrich the site, we'll see just who is held in the highest regard.

I'm more than happy to go down this road and, if I'm found wanting, will quite happily take my thoughts to another site.

Ball's in your court Lought, put your money where your mouth is.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 03:30

ion im not a kid. its not about who post the most. You hardly ever start threads you just reply to them. i think starts the most threads on here.

Im not on here trying to be liked by everyone. i just say what i think and i back up everything with stats.

i dont start threads about adel in spurs chat anymore. but when people want to have sly digs in there post then il defend him.

and burger didnt get banned because of hijackin threads he got booted because some posters didnt like him .

so if you wana go ask everyone who they perfer go ahead if you need an ego boost. i have to say i thought you be above the my dads bigger then your dad kind of thing.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jan 25 2011, 07:42

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]ion im not a kid. its not about who post the most. You hardly ever start threads you just reply to them. i think starts the most threads on here.

There you go again. You're trying to make out that starting posts means that you contribute more to the board than someone who replies to the posts. Lought, you've just belittled me and around 90% of the posters on here with your 'I'm better than you because I start a thread' attitude.

And you're not a kid?

lmao lmao lmao

Im not on here trying to be liked by everyone. i just say what i think and i back up everything with stats.

Your stats don't add up, as Vis has already proved.

Try backing them up with facts, I find that you gain far more credence when you do that.

i dont start threads about adel in spurs chat anymore. but when people want to have sly digs in there post then il defend him.

And Bent and just about anyone else who wears a shirt that doesn't sport a Cockerel, apart from Pav that is.
    You base your defence on cameo's and suppositions whilst you attack Spurs players who have been doing the business for years.
    Then you wonder why you get slammed by the rest of us.

and burger didnt get banned because of hijackin threads he got booted because some posters didnt like him .

But the post hijacking was the reason he wasn't liked and was the reason used for banning him.
    Seriously Lought, do you think the rest of us have Goldfish memories?

so if you wana go ask everyone who they perfer go ahead if you need an ego boost. i have to say i thought you be above the my dads bigger then your dad kind of thing.

Have you even the remotest idea what you are talking about here? You brought my integrity as a poster into question so I'm putting you on the spot. You think you contribute more because you start a thread so I'm putting it to the test.

Don't bleat because I've called your bluff, back it up sunshine or fcuk up!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 08:44

your the guy who wants everyone to like them. your the guy saying everybody would pick you over me. great well done. .

i have already stated i think lew has created the most threads on here.

my stats do add up sunshine darren bent he scored 32goals in 58 league games. a stat defoe would die for.
    1 pen in 17 games for defoe. most of darrens games for spurs he came on as a sub.

32 goals not bad for a flop. shame hes not with us now.
    i have given reason why selling defoe crouch and robbie keane all above pav would not be a bad idea.

burger was not banned because of hes post. he got banned because a few other posters didnt like him because he was a gooner.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jan 25 2011, 10:13

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]your the guy who wants everyone to like them. your the guy saying everybody would pick you over me. great well done. .

Yeah, my track record really backs you up on that one doesn't it Einstein.
    lmao lmao lmao

i have already stated i think lew has created the most threads on here.

Couldn't give a sh*t. The relevant part of your statement was that you think that you contribute more because you start more posts. Now that I've pointed out that you've insulted the majority of the board you go into backtrack mode.

Ooooops.

my stats do add up sunshine darren bent he scored 32goals in 58 league games. a stat defoe would die for.

They add up like the stats you used to back up your claim that Hutton has scored more than Keane, Defoe and Crouch combined hey?

Get

1 pen in 17 games for defoe. most of darrens games for spurs he came on as a sub.

Not according to his Spurs starting stats.

Another ooops there?

32 goals not bad for a flop. shame hes not with us now.

25 in 79 starts, less than 1 in 3. Defoe for Spurs has 97 in 187, that's 1.93 goals per game, and that's with his current dry patch.

Figures that most strikers in the World would be proud of.

And far better than Bents for us.

You were saying? .......................

i have given reason why selling defoe crouch and robbie keane all above pav would not be a bad idea.

And I've agreed with them. But, despite agreement from the majority of the board, you continue to post the same drivel over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum as though the board has the power to make these changes.

Lought, I was only joking when I said that Harry reads the board mate.

burger was not banned because of hes post. he got banned because a few other posters didnt like him because he was a gooner.

I've explained why he was banned, it was posted up by Baz. Are you now calling him a liar? You BELIEVE that was the case but it doesn't make it true.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 25 2011, 10:22

I don't really want to rake up old wounds Lought but that isn't quite true. There were people that didn't like Burger and Mark being on here but they weren't in the majority far from it. you are making it sound like I was influenced by what people were saying. I wasn't. I alone made a decision to do something. There were posters complaining about the way Mark and Burger were acting but that wasn't what swayed me. What swayed me was I felt rightly or wrongly it was getting out of hand.. I may have over reacted and given the chance now I would have approached it much differently but Hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say. Now, I don't want labour on this point as I don't think it's fair to bring this up now. It's water under the bridge. Things are sweet on here at the moment and I would like it to stay that way. This discussion is a between you and ion and should stay that way with no outside influences. Otherwise it will end in a free for all with people taking sides and that could lead us down the road where the thread will have to be moderated and it is best for the Mods to let it run it's course unless it gets too out of hand in which case we would have to step in. At the moment there is no need to Moderate this thread. Carry on fella's lol.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jan 25 2011, 11:08

In all honesty Baz I've said my piece and don't really want to go any further. Lought and I have a difference of opinion and the thread, which is actually about Townsend LOL, is getting a tad 'tetchy'.
    I don't really want to go there with Lought because I genuinely am fond of the fella.

Sometimes I don't know when to bite my tongue!
    lol!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 25 2011, 11:40

ion im talkin about prem league goals. i think bent has 8 league goals and 14 in all this season.

defoe league record is poor. really poor not since chelsea pen has he scored and nearly a year since a goal from open play.

did you miss the part where i stated my stats are based on league goals.

the fact defoe has uefa cup champions league games to add to hes tally and darren bent has the limited supply of the sunderland midfeild to supply him each week,

i make it darren bent level on top prem league striker along with drogba and rooney.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jan 25 2011, 17:48

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]ion im talkin about prem league goals. i think bent has 8 league goals and 14 in all this season.

He has Lought, but the relevant statistics are what he did for us, which was less than 1 in 3.

defoe league record is poor. really poor not since chelsea pen has he scored and nearly a year since a goal from open play.

Bad run innit? And yet, even with that poor return, he's still going at better than 1 in 2 in all competitions, and that is just for Spurs, I never bothered with his ratio with other clubs.
    We need to compare Apples with Apples Lought and that can only be done when you compare the record of both for the same club.

did you miss the part where i stated my stats are based on league goals.

Goals are goals Lought, you can't pick and choose just to suit your argument and ignore relevant facts that don't support your argument.

the fact defoe has uefa cup champions league games to add to hes tally and darren bent has the limited supply of the sunderland midfeild to supply him each week,

That is why the record of each is compared using ratio rather than total tally. Those CL games can also act to make Defoe's ratio look worse rather than better. Swings and roundabouts.

i make it darren bent level on top prem league striker along with drogba and rooney.

And you are correct, I believe. I wish he could have been as prolific for us but he wasn't.

And now he's gone so it's a moot point anyway. For whatever reason his performances for us were dire. He looked a nervous wreck in most appearances. I can remember him scoring for fun in preseason then being unable to hit a barn door from the inside when playing in the league.

Too much too soon maybe? Maybe it took that for him to reach a level of maturity in his game so that dry spells had less of an effect on him? Maybe now a large price tag has less of an effect on him?

Who knows. What we do know is that he didn't do it for Spurs, got moved on and is now past tense whereas Defoe has been doing it consistently for us in every season he's played for us, until now. But this season isn't over yet and he hasn't played very much of it. However, as you've pointed out previously, it doesn't help us when his goals come in gluts. Therefore we need another striker to score more consistently and weigh in with more per season than Defoe does.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 25 2011, 19:12

Look, every striker goes through a barren spell. Rooney is going through one at the moment and if it wasn't for Berbatoss they would have big problems. I think most of us on here knows what is all too obvious......we need a striker to help Defoe out. Pav could be that player but there is a problem between him and Arry I think that much is obvious which is why we are looking elsewhere. I am sure if Arry though Pav was the answer he would play him. As for Bent maybe Arry should have persevered I don't know but as ion pointed out once before we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Matbe Arry looked at Bent and thought he was never gonna do the business for us. He's gone and he seems to be scoring for fun. Good luck to him but it don't help us. He's moved on and we need to move on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 02:42