The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Poor parker. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Poor parker. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Poor parker. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Poor parker. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Poor parker. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Poor parker. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Poor parker. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Poor parker. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Poor parker. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Poor parker. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Poor parker.

Poor parker. Empty Poor parker.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29 2011, 07:13

Good player in my opinion, nearing his twilight years in football and stuck with the spams who wont let him go part exchange for keane.

Yeah there is for and against him on here but i reckon he would be a massive signing for us, a never give up player, something thats missing in the team and thats why harry has been going for him.

Poor parker. Empty Re: Poor parker.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29 2011, 13:11

hes had enough chances to join us. let him rot in the spammers team
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sat Jan 29 2011, 20:47

who would parker replace??
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 29 2011, 21:25

Like DJ says who would he replace? We shouldn't be looking around for Defenders or Midfield players......We need a decent Striker ffs.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jan 29 2011, 21:43

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes had enough chances to join us. let him rot in the spammers team

well heres a first, something me and Lought agree 100% on, for a supposed boyhood Spurs fan to take the money at Chelski,Barcodes and Spammers over a move to us, he can get stuffed, anyway midfield with Hudd back is well covered.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 29 2011, 22:06

BazSpur wrote:Like DJ says who would he replace? We shouldn't be looking around for Defenders or Midfield players......We need a decent Striker ffs.

True baz but parker bosses midfield like no player we have at the moment, and yes we do need a striker and i think forlan or carroll might be on the way.

As for all these stupid reasons why we shouldnt sign parker, because he chose newcastle over us for one ! well who gives a sh*t, he is 30 and can do a good job , even better than gallas who some people were opposed to signing because he was an ex goon, but he has showed he is up for the tottenham cause.

Harry isnt after parker for no reason, loads on here say they trust harry but then rubbish the signing of parker because of silly little reasons.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jan 29 2011, 22:19

Isn't it all about priorities though Lew? Another midfielder isn't a priority.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 29 2011, 22:24

I still think we should look at the bigger picture here

I dont think he wants parker for his looks, its more about leadership

we all know we have a diverse squad especially in midfield

I think harry is looking for a Winton churchill , a leader to carry the troops forward

someone that can rally the men , i cant really say we have that man in our sqaud
    i think with parker in the team we would be a better team cos he is a very skilled
    player, and his bruce willis die hard approach is exactly the medicine needed to win

Put your dislikes for the man aside, and think rationally , this guy could really make
    a difference IMO

I can see this happening, because westham are desperate for more goals and they need more muscle upfront, robbie would be the ideal solution for them ,.

Westham don't want to go down and we hold all the bargining chips, the ball is in their court.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 29 2011, 22:37

this is on the bbc website

West Ham chairman David Gold has vowed the club "will leave no stone
    unturned" in their efforts to sign Tottenham striker Robbie Keane in
    January.

parker will be a yid soon, i hope so, i like his attitude , we dont have that type of player in our team, i know hes an ugly mug and none of us like him, but come on aleast robbie will be gone lol

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30 2011, 00:12

Possibly Parker as a fill in for Thudd (see the thread from Max) ? Not my ideal Spurs player but there we go I suppose I'd prefer him in a Spurs shirt then Neville Neville Jnr and it's quite possible he would add some real bite to defensive midfield . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30 2011, 00:53

BazSpur wrote:Isn't it all about priorities though Lew? Another midfielder isn't a priority.

We have lots of options in midfield baz, but how many moan and groan about palacios and jenas on here ?

You have to ask why harry wanted beckham ? and although parker doesnt have beckhams long range passing skills he does rally the players in much the same way beckham used to inspire the england team years ago.

I know why harry wants parker and it would be an excellent if short lived signing with parker aged 30.

We would have bale, modric parker and lennon in midfield, modric has turned out to be a right little battler, but with parker helping break down opposition raids i can see modric playing more his natural attacking game.

As for priorities baz, yes its important we get a goal sniffer but as harry says, spurs dont have the wages clout to get in a proven champions league regular, which is why he is trying to get carroll or forlan in, the fact forlan wants champions league might help him accept a more manageable wage from spurs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 30 2011, 01:00

Fair points Lew.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 30 2011, 01:08

Tottenham Hotspur have suffered an injury blow with the news that Tom Huddlestone has broken down on his return from injury.
    Huddlestone has been out with an ankle injury since November and the
    setback has left Redknapp considering he could leave the 24-year-old out
    of his 25-man squad.
    He said: “Tom’s had a setback and it seems he’s going to be longer than we expected.
    “His ankle is sore. He tried to do a bit of running and is still a long way away.
    “We will have to look at his situation with regard to the 25 man squad.
    “I am hoping he’ll be OK as he is important to us and is a fantastic player.
    “We need him but we will have to make sure how it goes and discuss it with the medical people.”
    Redknapp said: “We won’t get a new player. Where do you go to find a new player?
    “It’s very hard. This window is about panic buying.”
    I guess that's Parker off the menu then lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Sun Jan 30 2011, 04:22

luv to see parker in our midfield
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Jan 30 2011, 19:29

As for all these stupid reasons why we shouldnt sign parker, because he chose newcastle over us for one ! well who gives a sh*

Lew, thats exactly why footballers get what they want now, they can do what they want, when they want and show no loyalty whatsoever, as a true Spurs fan, it means a lot to me if a player comes out says how he was a Spurs fan, I would have died to play for my beloved Spurs.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 30 2011, 23:48

djfitzo wrote:As for all these stupid reasons why we shouldnt sign parker, because he chose newcastle over us for one ! well who gives a sh*

Lew, thats exactly why footballers get what they want now, they can do what they want, when they want and show no loyalty whatsoever, as a true Spurs fan, it means a lot to me if a player comes out says how he was a Spurs fan, I would have died to play for my beloved Spurs.

I dont deny that dj ! goes for me too i would have loved to have played for spurs .

Lets put it like this dj, i wouldnt want judas or berbatov back at spurs because they insulted the club and the fans by their antics and selfishness obtaining what they personally wanted.

With parker ! to say you wouldnt have him at spurs because he chose another club or clubs ahead of us at some stage in his career is completely ridiculous, remember spurs have only just started to make any impression on the premiership, we have been turned down by loads of players over the years , would gallas have come if we werent in the cl, would vdv?

All i see in parker is a great battling midfielder who would add loads of steel to a part of the pitch where we have lots of talent, and he never gives up, he in my honest opinion is a missing link.

I also think we need a better goalie than gomes but thats a debatable point i suppose with many on here seeing gomes in a different light than myself......i would welcome shay given in too.

We also need a tighter defence, its ok saying we have loads of cls on the book but the best two are crocked most of the time.....

Then we come down to the most important position that needs addressing and that as we have all been mentioning is the striker we desperately seek, as far as i can see defoe needs a partner, pav isnt good enough, and crouch gets used in other positions now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 23:41