The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
On a positive note.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
On a positive note.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
On a positive note.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
On a positive note.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
On a positive note.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
On a positive note.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
On a positive note.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
On a positive note.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
On a positive note.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

On a positive note.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

On a positive note.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

On a positive note.  Empty On a positive note.

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:25

Right the transfer window is shut we bought no one but we have to move on. On the positive side we haven't got the FA cup to worry about or all the hulaboo of a CC final to distract us. We should now be able to concentrate on the Prem until the CL starts again in March. Less games for us now which should give us the incentive to go for that 4th place. Onward and upward. LETS BE AVIN IT.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

On a positive note.  Empty Re: On a positive note.

Post by cstmrsking Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:34

Here Here.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:40

we really need 3 points 2mz and that wil set us up nicley for the bolton game. harry has to play pav aganst bolton he always scores aganst them..

but your right baz we now have just league games and the 2 ac milan games. if we win 2moz then we still got a chance.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:43

BazSpur wrote:Right the transfer window is shut we bought no one but we have to move on.

Bought no-one ? It shows what the blitz of big deals in the past 24 hours has done to your head Baz

You signed Pienaar and while it is a bit unclear exactly why you signed him he is a good quality and highly experienced midfield player who most if not all PL sides, most obviously Chelsea,would be happy to have in the side - I certainly would not have mounted a protest rally if he had been added to our squad

You also signed a South African with the very African name of Bongani who may prove to be a shrewd investment - until someone has seem what he can do who knows ?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 05:19

anicoll5 wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Right the transfer window is shut we bought no one but we have to move on.

Bought no-one ? It shows what the blitz of big deals in the past 24 hours has done to your head Baz

You signed Pienaar and while it is a bit unclear exactly why you signed him he is a good quality and highly experienced midfield player who most if not all PL sides, most obviously Chelsea,would be happy to have in the side - I certainly would not have mounted a protest rally if he had been added to our squad

You also signed a South African with the very African name of Bongani who may prove to be a shrewd investment - until someone has seem what he can do who knows ?

You have to rotate players and we had no real cover for Bale, Pienaar has played left midfield for Everton in the prem for ages, his quicker and tougher then Kranjar that played there, shrewd bit of biz at 3mill.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 02 2011, 06:00

I stand corrected Nic and of course we also bought Bongani Khumalo. I meant big signings.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 06:40

If Pienaar had still had a decent length on his contract with Everton then he would have cost a lot of cash £12-15 million
    Does that help Smile

As for big signings Fergie signing Veron was big, Schevchenko to the Bridge very big, kaka to Madrid huge, ibrahimovic to barca absolutely monstrous - does Rebrov ring a bell ?

Trouble is they were crap signings

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 06:48

Nic although we are, perhaps, getting slightly off thread here the examples you quote are very valid. Desperation & panic buying is not the way to push forward & stabalise a club. I'm happy Spurs did not allow them-selves to be mugged by clubs holding out for extortinant amounts for untested or average players even though a striker could have been a valuable addition to the squad. Truth is who was available ? £35M for the injured Carroll (lol bet Liverpool are chuffed to hear him say he didn't want the move) ?. How much business did mega-rich Citeh do ? The January window is not the ideal time to make "marquee" signings. Thats a job for the lazy, hazy days of Summer (oh roll on the lazy, hazy days of Summer, roll on) . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 02 2011, 07:01

Not a little off thread Vis. You are too kind, it's well off thread. Any chance we can get it back lol. The thread is about Spurs fans being positive. Just thought I would mention that Nic.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 07:05

Good job im still around then, I am Mr postive!!

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 02 2011, 07:15

Well I am positive you definitely made a signing

Returning to the theme of insanity in the transfer market

Do you know of anyone whose old Dad, now sadly deceased, washed elephants ?

Big big big lol

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 07:26

anicoll5 wrote:Well I am positive you definitely made a signing

Returning to the theme of insanity in the transfer market

Do you know of anyone whose old Dad, now sadly deceased, washed elephants ?

Big big big lol

Completley off thread Nic. Please refrain from this . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 10:27