The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gareth Bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gareth Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gareth Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gareth Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gareth Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gareth Bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gareth Bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gareth Bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gareth Bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gareth Bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
LOBO
BazSpur
DJSR
7 posters

Gareth Bale

Gareth Bale Empty Gareth Bale

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14 2011, 00:30

Article lifted from the Sunday Mirror. The way this piece is wrote it must have come from aa "Fergie Friendley" journalist(lol his name makes me wonder if it's an alias). Here we go again guys. Wonder what Levy's reaction to stories like this wil be ? Outright statement that he's going nowhere or a meek mumble about wait & see when the season is over . . . . .

Fergie makes Bale transfer target No.1 - Exclusive

By Steve Stammers

Manchester United have put Tottenham star Gareth Bale at the head of their summer wanted list.

Sir Alex Ferguson will have to pay out in excess of £40million for the exciting Welsh star and will face stiff opposition from the likes of Barcelona and Real ­Madrid.

But Ferguson sees Bale as the long-term replacement for fellow-Welshman Ryan Giggs who is nearing the end of his illustrious career at Old Trafford.

There will be fierce ­competition for Bale who has emerged as one of the most exciting young talents in the Premier League over the last two years.

Spurs have put up the ‘no sale’ signs around Bale but history shows Ferguson has a habit of getting his man.

He has in recent years signed both Michael ­Carrick and Dimitar ­Berbatov from Spurs ­despite initial resistance.

Indeed, Carrick, who was brought through at West Ham by Tottenham ­manager Harry Redknapp, could be used as a bartering tool by Ferguson.

Tottenham will now ­initiate their search for an alternative site for their new stadium after losing out to West Ham for use of the Olympic Stadium at Stratford.

Alexandra Palace, ­Pickett’s Lock and even a share of Wembley are all possibilities for the club who want a new 60,000-­seater stadium.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Gareth Bale Empty Re: Gareth Bale

Post by DJSR Mon Feb 14 2011, 00:41

no chance red nose 1000mph record breaking chewing gum chewer, go look elsewhere!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 14 2011, 01:02

Maybe some truth in it but no player is bigger than Spurs. We lost Carrick and moved on. Who would take Carrick over Thudd now? Not me. We lost Scumball and moved on with Ledders. Berbatoss went and we have moved on. If Bale goes we will pocket the money and move on Clubs always do. With 40 mill in our pockets we could buy some serious strikers. Having said all that I hope Gareth stays for a while longer.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Feb 14 2011, 02:41

The only thing that can keep him at spurs is CL football nothing less nothing more , if we fail to make it this season i give it one more season and you can wave good bye to Modric & Bale
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Mon Feb 14 2011, 02:47

We got kranky, Different type of player but seemingly just as effective.

Rather have them both but if united are offering 40 City will offer 50,
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Feb 14 2011, 07:56

The problem is No CL next season and Bale, Modric and VDV will probably go. It's all very well saying we will pocket the money and move on but with out your star players move on to what middle of the table and uefa cup at best.The top players will not join us unless we are in the CL that is a fact.

The squad is not strong enough or consistent enough as it is at the moment we need at least 2 or 3 quality players to be able to compete with utd, city and arsnic next year so to lose our 3 best players will kill off any real chance we have of making it consitently in the top 4.

We are 4th today lets pray we stay there or at least finish there at the seasons end and then nobody will want to leave and next year could be our best ever. Thats providing Harry and Levy don't kick their heels and lose out like they did in the January transfer window and Adam and Neville are not the answer to future success Harry although you said you just missed out before the window closed. Thank christ for that.

Mikey M
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 14 2011, 08:23

Are you sure Bale won't feature on Tuesday ?

I'm not

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14 2011, 09:27

well if we are honest hes not been great for us in the prem this season

but has been great in the champions league

would i sell for 30/40 mill. no way but 50/60 mill then i mite
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 14 2011, 19:48

Player exchange with money.

They want our rising young star? Let's take theirs in exchange. Nani is starting to look the real deal and can swap sides with Lennon just as well as Bale can.

Fergie wants Bale then make it painful for him. Nani plus 30 million should be a polite way of telling him to fcuk off!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 14 2011, 21:24

lol! ion. Feeling a bit low this morning but that cheered me up have a rep.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 14 2011, 22:05

My suspicions concerning Bale unfounded - has not travelled to Milan
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Feb 14 2011, 22:13

BazSpur wrote:lol! ion. Feeling a bit low this morning but that cheered me up have a rep.

You are welcome brother Baz.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:52