The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Gareth up for award EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Gareth up for award EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Gareth up for award EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Gareth up for award EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Gareth up for award EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Gareth up for award EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Gareth up for award EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Gareth up for award EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Gareth up for award EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Gareth up for award Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Gareth up for award

Gareth up for award Empty Gareth up for award

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 03:47

www.tottenhamhotspur.com

Gareth Bale has been nominated for the PFA Fans' Player of the Month award for August/September.

The Welsh wizard has picked up where he left off after a stunning end to last season with further impressive displays at the start of the current campaign.

Who can forget Gareth's double in our away win at Stoke on August 21 - the second of which is already a contender for our Goal of the Season!

And he has continued to be the driving force in much of our attacking play as our season gathers pace on both a domestic and European front.

But Gareth faces some stiff competition for the award in the form of three Chelsea players and an in-form old Spurs team-mate.

Chelsea have looked near enough unstoppable during the five straight wins that have kicked off their Premier League campaign, and Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and Florent Malouda have all been key to that success.

They join Gareth and Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov - fresh from a memorable hat-trick against Liverpool last weekend - on the nominees list.

So give Gareth the best possible chance of scooping the first PFA Fans' Player of the Month award of the season by casting your vote now at http://fansaward.givemefootball.com

Gareth up for award Empty Re: Gareth up for award

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 07:08

Thanks for that max ! how do you feel about my favourite spurs player.?

He is excellent as far as i am concerned, unselfish, runs forever and deserves every award he gets.

Now we just need lennon to do his bit on the right.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 07:25

I think he is pure class, but i do worry about keeping hold of him, i was reading just today that Real Madrid are after tapping him up. I know that he has signed a new contract but things like this can turn a young mans head. if we do keep him I'm sure he will go on to be one of our all time greats!

This from goal.com today.

Real Madrid are going to step up their attempts to lure Tottenham Hotspur’s left-sided Welshman Gareth Bale to the Santiago Bernabeu in January, according to reports from Spain.

AS comments that the 21-year-old, who has emerged as a key player for the north London club in the past year after a difficult beginning to his Spurs career, represents los Blancos’ prime target to strengthen their left full-back position.

After seeing Aleksandar Kolarov snapped up by Manchester City during the summer, coach Jose Mourinho has been forced to field Brazilian Marcelo on the left side of the pitch, with only Alvaro Arbeloa available as emergency cover.

Bale has recently renewed his contract, with manager Harry Redknapp tying him to the club until the summer of 2014, but an offer from the capital city outfit in the region of €20 million would reportedly be enough to entice Tottenham to part company with their emerging star.

Real Madrid have previously been linked with Bale, but at that time the budget was not available to meet the asking price, however, if Mourinho is able to offload members of his squad in the January transfer window, then a bid may be forthcoming.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24 2010, 16:00

I am not too worried at the moment max ! its if man utd come calling that it turns players heads, united seem to be the ultimate for many players, but i have always said that you have to play them at their own game..and that is try to nab one of their players back as a swap, it soon puts them off and any player not wanting to play for spurs (ala berbatov) should be done for breach of contract and have their wages docked.

I cant see bale behaving like that bulgarian sh*t though ?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 25 2010, 00:49

Have you voted Lew?, I have.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 25 2010, 05:47

I certainly will max !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 13:38