The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Defoe

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Defoe Empty Defoe

Post by MarkA249 Mon Mar 07 2011, 03:40

Take that lought sunshine lol two brillant goals from Jer-main man lol! i think Defoes heard lought calling him and its p****ed him off
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Defoe Empty Re: Defoe

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 07 2011, 03:56

Lol Mark. Two brilliant strikes.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 03:58

BIG TOE DEFOE!!!!!woo hoo

MUTTON wants shooting!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 05:36

should of been taking off 2nd half not pav.

great 2nd goal from defoe but remember hes 1st goal in a year now that is a bad stat
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 07 2011, 20:19

Loughtonlegend wrote:should of been taking off 2nd half not pav.

great 2nd goal from defoe but remember hes 1st goal in a year now that is a bad stat

Do we watch entirely different games Lought? apart from his goal, Pav had a average game, whereas Defoe
    always looked dangerous, everybody had us down to lose this game as they have beaten Chelsea and Manu
    at home and but from terrible defending, we would have won, why dont you dig out the defence instead
    of a player that scored two great goals.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 01:42

i thought defoe had a great 1st half. pav had a very averge game. but secound half we needed to keep the ball upfeild but with defoe up there the ball kept comming back.

i will not get over confident when our main striker scored goals for the 1st time since last march apart from the pen in april.

in this same game kevin doyle scored 2.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 08 2011, 02:13

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought defoe had a great 1st half. pav had a very averge game. but secound half we needed to keep the ball upfeild but with defoe up there the ball kept comming back.

i will not get over confident when our main striker scored goals for the 1st time since last march apart from the pen in april.

in this same game kevin doyle scored 2.

Kevin Doyle was gifted two goals Lought, Defoe made his on his own, with Milan coming up, its just what he needed.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 02:34

like i said i wish defoe could of done sumthing in the last 12 months apart from a pen aganst chelsea......

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 08 2011, 02:40

We all do Lought, all strikers have dry spells and what with his serious ankle injury, its taking him longer, but you just dont discard a very good striker when he has a lean spell and harry knows what his capable of better then anyone else.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 03:22

hes lean spell had gone on to long. we are spurs not portsmouth. hes record since hes been back at spurs have been poor.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 08 2011, 03:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes lean spell had gone on to long. we are spurs not portsmouth. hes record since hes been back at spurs have been poor.

Not many strikers could have scored those goals on Sunday, perhaps im more patient then you, im prepared to wait
    because i know his a very good forward.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 03:48

well hes meant to be a striker and we rate strikers on goals. darren bent scored again on sunday.

i rekon adel would of scored more then defoe in a year if he was played up front
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 08 2011, 03:58

Loughtonlegend wrote:well hes meant to be a striker and we rate strikers on goals. darren bent scored again on sunday.

i rekon adel would of scored more then defoe in a year if he was played up front

In the prem, dont make me laugh.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 06:12

why wouldnt he. everyone else seems to be scoring in the prem.

take your spurs blinkers off ad admit darren bent is a better goalscorer then defoe and we got rid of the wrong guy.

3 goals in a year 1 pen thats from about 28 games
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 08 2011, 07:00

take your spurs blinkers off ad admit darren bent is a better goalscorer then defoe and we got rid of the wrong guy.

Not for Spurs he weren't Lought.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 07:06

he was though. most of darrens goals came from the bench. plus he scored in big games
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 08 2011, 07:22

He scored from the bench but couldn't put in a header from close range lol!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 07:26

sooo how many sitters has defoe missed. i see john terry got more goals then defoe this season lol.

darren scores aganst man u chelsea arsnal. when has defoe scored aganst a big team. if we had darren here instead of defoe for them last 27 games we would have more points on the board

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 07:27

Lought who the F*** is Darren ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 08 2011, 07:37

I was joking Lought that's why I put the "lol" smiley at the end. I actually thought he should be given more time and a run in the team and said so at the time but he wasn't and he no longer plays for us. It's time to move on. Darren has.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 08 2011, 20:50

Loughtonlegend wrote:why wouldnt he. everyone else seems to be scoring in the prem.

3 goals in a year 1 pen thats from about 28 games

So, like every team that Bent has played for, they have to sacrifice how they play just to accomodate him, they same as we do when we play Crouch. Bent plays off the last man and you have to play long ball and Bent gets caught off side just as many times as Defoe. I dont mind Crouch as plan b, but we couldnt change the way we play just for one player (ie Bent) and that is why he didnt work for Spurs.

And as for blinkers, check yours mate, because Taraabt is unproven at prem level and until he is, all your posts mean nothing.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09 2011, 00:50

and we do the same for defoe. defoe hardly ever gets on the end of crosses. hes to weak to get past top defenders.

darren bent goal scoring recored p*sses all over defoe and thats playing in teams that dont create as much as spurs.
    apart from the top 5 teams in the prem theres not much differnce from the championsip and the prem. in fact some may argue that its harder to play football in thechampionsip.

none of the other spurs players that have gone to that league have done what adel has done.

i spose your 1 of these guys that dont like skillfull players and perfer players like m brown.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09 2011, 00:59

Subject: defoe considered exit

White Hart Legend

Location: 4th placeJermain Defoe has admitted he became so frustrated with his lack of opportunities at Tottenham earlier this season that he thought about leaving in January.

The England international has been hampered by injuries this term but he has also struggled to establish himself as a permanent fixture in the starting XI when fit.

The arrival of Rafael van der Vaart last summer has prompted manager Harry Redknapp to tinker with his previous 4-4-2 formation in the majority of games, employing the Dutch playmaker in a support role behind a lone striker.

With Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko providing more of a physical presence up front, Defoe has had to settle for a place on the substitutes' bench in many key encounters.

He hopes to line up against AC Milan in Wednesday's midweek UEFA Champions League clash as Spurs look to protect a 1-0 advantage and make it through to the quarter-finals.

Defoe boosted his chances of being selected with a stunning brace in Sunday's 3-3 draw at Wolves but knows he is not guaranteed a place.

And the 28-year-old admits his slide down the White Hart Lane pecking order has been as annoying as when he decided to leave Tottenham for Portsmouth in 2008, before returning 12 months later.

He told the Daily Mail: "It's been hard. You start to think: 'What am I doing here?' I'm used to playing in big games.

"I've played in big games for my clubs and for my country.

"It'll be a tough game (against Milan). I hope I'm playing and if I can score and win the game then it'll be great.

"But I remember playing against Charlton (in the FA Cup in January) and scoring two goals, then the next weekend I missed out.

"I was upset about that because once I start scoring I'm confident and I have the feeling I know I'll score in the next game. We played Manchester United and I thought, 'I'm playing', but I didn't start.

"I don't think the club would have allowed me to go on loan. But it was like when I decided to leave here and went to Portsmouth because I got to a situation where I thought: 'I'm not sitting on the bench.'"

Hard to take

Defoe concedes it was difficult to sit out the first leg against Milan, when Peter Crouch scored the only goal, after missing the group games due to injury.

"It was hard, because it was a big game," he said.

"I was looking forward to this season, especially when you feel you contributed last season, finishing fourth and scoring a lot of goals.

"When you eventually get there you want to be playing, because you worked hard to get the club there in the first place.

"The way the manager's gone this season, we've gone one up front with someone just behind.

"It's difficult. I missed all the group games when I was injured, so you've just got to watch the lads do well."

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 09 2011, 01:25

Loughtonlegend wrote:and we do the same for defoe. defoe hardly ever gets on the end of crosses. hes to weak to get past top defenders.

darren bent goal scoring recored p*sses all over defoe and thats playing in teams that dont create as much as spurs.
    apart from the top 5 teams in the prem theres not much differnce from the championsip and the prem. in fact some may argue that its harder to play football in thechampionsip.

none of the other spurs players that have gone to that league have done what adel has done.

i spose your 1 of these guys that dont like skillfull players and perfer players like m brown.

Now you are talking daft, read my post above and you will see that I stated that we would have to play a longer game with Bent and thats not what Spurs are about. Bent looks good in other teams because they all play to accomodate him and when his injured and dont score, they struggle. As for Taraabt, im not going to keep repeating myself, if Qpr come up and it looks like they will and they hang onto him and he scores tons of goals and runs prem teams ragged, i will personally post an apology to you, until then, my opinion is his a one trick pony that has found his level in the fizzy pop league, born out by all the other premiership managers that didnt want to take him on loan in January.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content