The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
djfitzo
BazSpur
6 posters

Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  Empty Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 15 2011, 22:31

Schalke will reportedly offer Tottenham the opportunity to sign Klaas Jan Huntelaar in the summer.
    According to talkSPORT, speculation in the Dutch media is
    suggesting that Huntelaar's German employers are prepared to cut their
    losses on the striker at the end of the season after failing to make an
    impression in the Bundesliga.
    The Holland international has scored just seven times in 22
    appearances in the league this season had has now been tipped to make a
    transfer window move to White Hart Lane.
    Schalke will reportedly make the 27-year-old available to Spurs for
    around €18.5 million and the north London club are alleged to be
    interested in signing the ex-AC Milan forward.
    TalkSPORT claims that Spurs made contact with Real Madrid in
    2009 in an attempt to sign Huntelaar but were not prepared to meet his
    wage demands.

However, with more money at their disposal at the potential lure of
    Champions League football for another season, Spurs are seemingly more
    likely to be able to conclude a deal for the former Ajax hotshot.
    Tottenham are known to be keen to add a proven goalscorer to their
    ranks at the end of the season, and - despite his recent form -
    Huntelaar could fit the bill.
    Assuming this is true. What do we think?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  Empty Re: Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 15 2011, 23:15

BazSpur wrote:Schalke will reportedly offer Tottenham the opportunity to sign Klaas Jan Huntelaar in the summer.
    According to talkSPORT, speculation in the Dutch media is
    suggesting that Huntelaar's German employers are prepared to cut their
    losses on the striker at the end of the season after failing to make an
    impression in the Bundesliga.
    The Holland international has scored just seven times in 22
    appearances in the league this season had has now been tipped to make a
    transfer window move to White Hart Lane.
    Schalke will reportedly make the 27-year-old available to Spurs for
    around €18.5 million and the north London club are alleged to be
    interested in signing the ex-AC Milan forward.
    TalkSPORT claims that Spurs made contact with Real Madrid in
    2009 in an attempt to sign Huntelaar but were not prepared to meet his
    wage demands.

However, with more money at their disposal at the potential lure of
    Champions League football for another season, Spurs are seemingly more
    likely to be able to conclude a deal for the former Ajax hotshot.
    Tottenham are known to be keen to add a proven goalscorer to their
    ranks at the end of the season, and - despite his recent form -
    Huntelaar could fit the bill.
    Assuming this is true. What do we think?

Couldnt cut it at a club we just knocked out of the Cl and not a regular
    starter for Schalke, must be a reason why they want shot Baz.

DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  Empty Re: Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 16 2011, 00:35

he obviously cant play at the higher levels, so i wouldnt want him at spurs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:16

Fair points lads but could Arry work his magic on him?
    YID4LIFE
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by YID4LIFE Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:26

I think he will be a good addition to the team - who else will Harry go for, im guessing Pav will be off, Joe Cole?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:42

Can't see where Cole would fit in now to be honest. I think we already have better than him.
    YID4LIFE
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by YID4LIFE Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:44

Ok but will still need more fire power up front & Gomes gives me a nervous break down every time we play
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:51

We definately need a 20 goal a season player up front, no doubt about that. Gomes on his day is brilliant but I take the point, he is a nightmare at times.
    YID4LIFE
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by YID4LIFE Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:55

Im sure sir Harry will have something up his sleeve
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 16 2011, 01:57

BazSpur wrote:We definately need a 20 goal a season player up front, no doubt about that. Gomes on his day is brilliant but I take the point, he is a nightmare at times.

Trouble is Baz, not many teams have a 20 a season striker anymore, they are a rare breed now and most teams rely on a mixture of front men and attacking midfielders to supply their goals.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 16 2011, 03:01

Yep, that's true dj.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 05:04

no hes crap. and i dont want joe cole here, he had a chance and chose to drive hes familey out of london for the extra money

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 05:28

Couple of seasons ago I would have said yes and as I recall we were in the huntforhim (please excuse my terrible pun couldn't stop meself !) but these days I'm not sure he's for us. We already have a big long streak of a player in Crouchinio and I can't see 'arry getting shot of him . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 16 2011, 06:06

I take it it's a no then from you lot Schalke will offer Huntlaar to Spurs.  105239
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Mar 16 2011, 09:44

I have always been worried that we might end up with Huntelar as we have been linked with him for at least 3 seasons.

He has to be one of the most over rated players in Europe. I have seen him play many times in the last couple of years and he misses so many easy chances.

He must have had at least 4 clubs in reason seasons and he is always shipped out either on loan or sold within a short space of time.

We need a striker thats for sure but Huntelar is far worse than what we have.

We should have gone that extra mile and bought Carrol we offered 30 and got turned down but he went for 35mil.On todays standards that extra 5 mil is nothing and he would have scored us a lot of goals as he will for l'pool so will Suarez and we could have bought him also. So there are players out there but with no CL next season we wont get anybody of that calibre and could lose half our team in the process.

For me Mr Levy has to stop thinking of the bank balance and stop selling and start buying if we expect to compete at the top every season.

I accept that we can't compete with the 150,000 a week salaries, nor should we as we do not have sugar daddies as chairman, but we can capture the Carrols and Suarez for a lot less.

I do worry at times at some of the players Harry is often linked with and I fully expect Carrick and Cole to arrive at the Lane next season as he does seem to look no further than the players he has had before. We don't need either of them and especially if they are part of deals with our star players going the other way.

I know this thread was about Huntelar but if true that we are interested.....and it is only paper talk.....it shows the lack of real ambition the club has.

I have said this before in the last couple of weeks, no CL next season no team. There is no loyalty in football today and having had a taste of CL many of our players will be sitting ducks for the top boys either here or in Europe.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:17

Mikey you say about Carrol & Suarez and then the £150K p/w salary players, but do we know what 'Pool are paying these players ? I only ask as we seem to have a strict wage ceiling at The Lane and we have 'missed' out on both the players you mention . . . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:23

completely agree with Mikey's statement. REPPED!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 11:08

well said mike. some of the players we been linked to scare me. players like joe cole and hunterlar.

sqaurz looks really good and carrole would score in our team. hes big strong and35 mill would end up nuffing by the time we sell some players

we could of had both and shipped out some dead wood we had but we waited to try get them cheaper now we missed out
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Mar 16 2011, 18:34

Im hearing really good things about the young lad from Ipswich (Connor Wickham) this lad could be a star in the making, dont really solve our striker problem now but 1 well worth thinking about IMO!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 16 2011, 22:33

15 mill though Lee. Big outlay on a lad his age.

Last edited by BazSpur on Thu Mar 17 2011, 19:03; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 02:22

no point buyin kids if harry dont think they are ready. look how well that guy at man u is doing. hes already got 12 goals. hes got more then defoe and crouch togeather in less games

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 03:33

Lought Hernandez has 16 goals in all competitions (33 games). Crouchinio has 10 from 38 & Defoe has 10 goals from 22 games. So our pairing has scored more . . . . . . tongue5 lol!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 11:18

now go back and do the stats on prem league.

defoe 2
    crouch 2
    hernandias 7 from fewer games
    super pav 7 from fewer starts
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Mar 17 2011, 18:13

1st time iv ever been called KING outside my own home Baz, LOL. I think it suits me...... Arise King Lee I.
    king
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 17 2011, 19:02

Just noticed that Lee lol. I have ammended it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 19:53