The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  Empty Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 17 2011, 19:25

Harry Redknapp, has achieved great things at Tottenham.
    He is still not a dead-cert for the England job, while he is still
    under investigation for tax evasion. But with Tottenham doing so well
    under Redknapp, and with their success in the knockout format of the Champions League,
    Redknapp looks like an ideal candidate for England Manager. I am a huge
    fan of Redknapp and I would never want him to leave Tottenham. But if
    Harry does get the England job, who should replace him at White Hart Lane?
    Well my first choice would be Jose Mourinho. You might think this is ridiculous, but the idea of Mourinho becoming manager of Tottenham is not entirely unrealistic.
    In Bale, Van Der Vaart and Modric, Tottenham have some world class
    players in key positions. Mourinho would only need to strengthen a few
    areas. On paper, Tottenham are not that far off the best, and their
    players are only going to get better with time. With some intelligent
    acquisitions, they pose a realistic chance of threatening for the title.
    Tottenham are not yet fully on the radar as Premier League title
    contenders, but have bags of potential. Mourinho would relish the
    prospect of taking a good Premier League side and making them great. And
    in Tottenham he has a perfect team to do so. Mourinho is a confident
    man and I am sure he would believe that he could take Tottenham to the
    top.
    Most importantly, Mourinho would bring belief to White Hart Lane, just as he did at Stamford Bridge,
    and that is what could make him an ideal manager for Tottenham and
    Spurs an ideal club for him. Both parties would benefit; Mourinho would
    get to show just how good a manager he is, success at Tottenham would be
    considered a great effort, even after their Champions League run this
    year, and Tottenham would benefit from one of the best managers in the
    world.
    ;rdclick=][img(300,250)]http://adserver.adtech.de/adserv/3.0/824/3081181/0/170/ADTECH;loc=300;key=key1+key2+key3+key4;grp=[group][/img]

For Mourinho to come to White Hart Lane,
    Tottenham would have to qualify for the Champions League this year,
    which would mean coming fourth in the Premier League. Mourinho would not
    be interested in managing a club that is not in the highest profile
    competition in Europe. However, Mourinho would definitely not come to
    Tottenham if they, (and I’m going to say it) won the Champions League
    this year. He would never take over a side that has already achieved
    great success and out performed expectation, he wants to be the one to
    do that.
    On the other hand, he would not receive that much credit for winning the league with Manchester United as they are favourites every year. Plus, he would always be in the shadow of Sir Alex Ferguson.
    Mourinho is a man who likes to do things his way, and it would be
    extremely difficult to be the first man to manage United after Ferguson.
    My guess is that if he harbours ambitions to manage United, he will
    wait a bit longer. The timing seems to be just right for Tottenham. I
    think a move to White hart Lane would be more appealing than one to Old Trafford in the near future. With this in mind, the idea of him coming to White Hart Lane is not totally out of the question.
    Finally, should Mourinho not end up at Tottenham I want to put the name of Owen Coyle into the mixer. His success at Bolton
    this season has been there for all to see. He seems like a great
    motivator who gets stuck in with the players and his sides play an
    attractive style of football. What I have been impressed with is the way
    he helped develop Jack Wilshere last season, who went away a boy and
    came back a man. He seems to be working wonders again with Daniel
    Sturridge, who is on loan this season. With this in mind, I think
    Tottenham could do well to give him a chance as they have some great
    young players. He might not be a massive name just yet, but he could be
    in the future.
    If you want to see Mourinho or Coyle at Spurs let me know at www.twitter.com/joeaustin8

rupert says: sorry but why do we want jose?he plays dreadfull football and sure,hes prob the best manager in the world,but he would cost us an absolute fortune,and spurs have a tradition of playing attacking free flowing football.strange that you pick owen coyle as next as you couldnt

• get two differnt managers.one experianced,plays defenisive football,and
      the other the opposite.i for one would go for coyle.

[Reply]

[email=email@footballfancast.com?subject=Abusive%20Comment%20#61544%20on%20article%20Would%20a%20move%20to%20Tottenham%20really%20be%20that%20unrealistic?]Report Abuse[/email]

• Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  A5f5a76c254f9259f3f3f93ead2fbc25?s=48&d=http%3A%2F%2F0.gravatar

RonnyCOYS says:
      Date: March 16th, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Whilst Mourinho would no doubt take us to silverware the fact
      that he has managed four clubs in seven years doesn’t appeal. He is
      undoubtedly a great manager but I believe he’s in it purely for self
      gratification to stoke his already over inflated ego and has shown no
      sense of loyalty to any of the clubs he has managed. He ‘d be gone
      within a couple of years. What we need is a long term manager who has
      the winning credentials to keep us at the top in Europe. However the
      problem we face there is that we don’t have a large enough stadium to
      generate the revenue to enable us to pay top wages so these managers
      wont come to Tottenham until we move to a 60,000 seater stadium..

[Reply]

[email=email@footballfancast.com?subject=Abusive%20Comment%20#61545%20on%20article%20Would%20a%20move%20to%20Tottenham%20really%20be%20that%20unrealistic?]Report Abuse[/email]

• Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  6c208de3d1d8d24e3dd4dc3470dc8831?s=48&d=http%3A%2F%2F0.gravatar

Essexian76 says:
      Date: March 16th, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I like Jose and miss his presence in the football league.
      However many are forgetting why he was sacked by Chelsea, and it wasn’t a
      lack of success, it was a style and football totally unacceptable by
      Chelsea after the gloss off winning the league had worn off. Spurs fans
      will not accept his style,some may think they’d be able to tolerate it,
      but no no no a thousand times no,and anyway we dont have the resources
      Jose would require to buy players with!

[Reply]

[email=email@footballfancast.com?subject=Abusive%20Comment%20#61565%20on%20article%20Would%20a%20move%20to%20Tottenham%20really%20be%20that%20unrealistic?]Report Abuse[/email]

• Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  592701c5ab9178a95c40101892b9f770?s=48&d=http%3A%2F%2F1.gravatar

DubaiSpur says:
      Date: March 16th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Look, defensive solidity does not equal, in any form, parking
      the bus or boring football. Madrid don’t play badly at all, they’re
      given quite a license to roam by the very man discussed above. It’s one
      of the factors of his success, a solid, water-tight defensive setup, but
      it’s not the only one. But I do agree with the sentiment that he’d
      probably only stay for a few years before zooming off somewhere else to
      replicate his success story. After so many near misses and managerial
      miscalculations, what Spurs need the most is an era, one where one
      manager gets the time and support he needs to forge his own legacy at
      Spurs. Redknapp, unfortunately, isn’t that man;his desire for the
      England job and his age would preclude him from being so. Jose, as
      stated previously, wouldn’t be the man either. So who could it be? Very
      few obvious choices leap out. David Moyes is one;his record at Everton
      is beyond reproach, though his record on the big transfers is
      questionable. Beyond him, it becomes harder and harder to find a manager
      to do so, one who can also play the Spurs way.

[Reply]

Last edited by BazSpur on Thu Mar 17 2011, 19:30; edited 1 time in total

Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  Empty Re: Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 19:30

Mourinhio ? I truely, truely hope not. Egotistical cock who sends teams out to strangle the life out of the beautifull game . . . . . .

Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?  Empty Re: Would Mourinho take over at Spurs?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17 2011, 20:07

He will up up at city in my opinion , mancini wont last long if they fail to make the cl again.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Mar 17 2011, 23:46

wouldnt want him at Spurs, but i can see Mankini getting the sack and Morinwhore taking over, its all about the money!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 03:50

hes a winner. hes what we need. i love hes arrogance. no more laughing and jokin with fergie when we lose to them. he would be so livid he hates losing big games.

if i had my way he would come in the summer.

owen coyle is a good shout aswell

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 06:54

He's an egotistical, chancing, wannabe, lucky, no-nothing except dullness w*nker Lought. He would play 10 at the back and hope for the odd goal on the break. Mind you, might be quite nice to see you cheering for something and me being against it lmao . . . . . . ..
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 18 2011, 07:45

I could never understand this 'dull' tag that Mourinho got whilst at Chelsea. I don't know the exact stats but I believe they averaged better than 2 goals per game under his tenure, at times putting some pretty good teams to the sword, us included.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his team knocking on the door of the record for most goals scored in a season?

I believe he's got this tag purely because they gave so few goals away and had the most clean sheets in a season. Well call me crazy but seeing Spurs go out there and whack 4 goals in, with none against, on a regular basis really appeals to me. Don't get me wrong, the odd nail biter adds a bit of spice but every week? I defy anyone to say that's what they want to see of Spurs because I've witnessed enough complaints about lack of clean sheets to put the lie to it.

I like 'The Special One', always have, and would see his addition as a positive move towards putting us on top of the pile. I'd like to think that if it came to a choice between us and Citeh, he'd choose us just to prove that it's not the money that makes him the best. If it's all about ego then he'd want to prove that theory wrong.

However, I'm really warming to the owen Coyle shout. His time at Bolton has shown that he doesn't need to overhaul a squad to put his mark on a team and get them performing how he wants them to. He took a team that was renowned as cloggers and got them playing attractive Football. Some of Boltons play has been quite breathtaking, I seem to recall a move they put together against us where they tore us to ribbons with around a dozen passes.

If Coyle can do that with the cloggers, what could he do with the young talent we have in abundance?

David Moyes? Not for me. His teams blow hot and cold and I think we'd stagnate under him, seeing an exodus of our best in fairly short order.

So, my first choice would be Mourinho as I agree that he wouldn't go batshit in the transfer market but would have the quality we possess playing at their very best which, IMHO, would be more than sufficient for us to win the title, particularly if he can secure some quality striking talent. But if we can't get Jose, then Owen Coyle is a cracking shout.

Unless Van Gaal is available that is!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 07:57

Hiddink will also be available soon ! And let's just call Mourihio by his English name. George Graham. Now it was not so long ago that Spurs fans were rowing about the prospect of 'arry being next England boss yet here we are discussing his replacement ! Guys if you really want "The (self-called) Special One" you are most welcome to him . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 18 2011, 08:09

Owen Coyle for me. I love his philosophy of playing he beautiful game but would he leave Bolton to take the helm at Spurs? You bet your a*se he would.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 08:28

Before we go any further with this are we presuming 'arry takes the England job ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 18 2011, 09:05

Not really Vis. For me it's if he takes the England job. Having said that, do you think he would turn it down if offered? I would be happy if he stayed myself.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 18 2011, 09:48

Not going there Vis! Not after the last fracas!

I'm not presuming anything TBH, just speculating on who I'd have should/once Harry moves on. Let's face it, 6 months down the line it could be that Jose has secured another contract putting him out of the running, Coyle gets the ManU job and we're talking about 2 other managers.

Or Harry renews his contract, takes us to the title, which I still believe he will do, and retires after taking his place alongside Bill Nic in the hearts of the Spurs faithful.

Then we'll get the best available.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 10:00

harry league record this season is not good. we are 5th yet have not beaten a team by more then a goal since blackburn at home.

jose a winner. like ion says he dont always play boring football.

if he goes man c then that will be the end for other teams because man c will win the league

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18 2011, 19:28

ionman34 wrote:

I'm not presuming anything TBH, just speculating on who I'd have should/once Harry moves on. Let's face it, 6 months down the line it could be that Jose has secured another contract putting him out of the running, Coyle gets the ManU job and we're talking about 2 other managers.

Or Harry renews his contract, takes us to the title, which I still believe he will do, and retires after taking his place alongside Bill Nic in the hearts of the Spurs faithful.

LOL Ion Fishing ! OK whatever the circumstances no thanks to Mourhinio for me. Just don't like him or some of the tactics he employs. His recored speaks fot it-self but I just can't warm to the guy. (As for 'arry & England; for me it's the same as a player. We always take pride when one of players is picked to represent their country and say the club must not be allowed to stop them playing for their country, ditto 'arry.) . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Mar 18 2011, 23:57

VisionarySound wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

LOL Ion Fishing ! OK whatever the circumstances no thanks to Mourhinio for me. Just don't like him or some of the tactics he employs. His recored speaks fot it-self but I just can't warm to the guy. (As for 'arry & England; for me it's the same as a player. We always take pride when one of players is picked to represent their country and say the club must not be allowed to stop them playing for their country, ditto 'arry.) . . . . .

Bit of a difference with Harry though Vis, he won't be back after each match.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19 2011, 00:38

That is very true Ion but neither were Daws & Defoe after picking up long term injuries on National Service. This situation is, unfortunately, a great unknown but it does make for intresting debate on the if's, but's & maybe's of it all . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19 2011, 03:39

being manager of your country used to be big. but now its like caps and the captians armband. the role seems to be thrown around like conffettie.

i think being a manager of a top 4 team in the prem is bigger then england.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:17