The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players

Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players Empty Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 18:26

Jose Mourinho has told Real Madrid President Florentino Perez that he wants to bring both Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon to The Bernabeau next season.

Both Mourinho and Perez have been shocked at the hostile reaction from the Real Madrid fans at how Real have been playing this season and have apparently agreed that Tottenham’s flying wing men are the exact sort of players to bring back flair to the Spanish giants.

It is not that Real Madrid have lost but the manner in which they have ground out a goalless draw against Mallorca and a 1-0 home win over Osasuna that has so infuriated the fans, last nights win over Ajax in the Champions League will have gone some way to appeasing the supporters but their patience is wafer thin at this time.

It is hard to believe that Tottenham manager, Harry Redknapp and the Chairman, Daniel Levy will willingly allowed the two players to leave, however once Real Madrid want someone, they tend to get them, usually when a coach load of money is splashed out.

It could easily be the case that that Spurs will not be able to simply turn down mega offers for both players and it will be interesting to see if what is being rumoured in the Spanish media has any substance to it.

http://www.footylatest.com

Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players Empty Re: Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 01:39

Harry would never agree to sell these two!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players Empty Re: Mourinho tells Real President he wants TWO Spurs players

Post by ionman34 Fri Sep 17 2010, 07:41

Bale and Lennon? With Ronaldo in the team?

Righto!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17 2010, 07:45

he can have corluka and wp
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 17 2010, 09:12

ionman34 wrote:
    Bale and Lennon? With Ronaldo in the team?

Righto!

Quite right ion. Its bollox.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:01

Not sure about them wanting Lennon, but Bale is the best left sided player in the country at the moment, and real do have a fetish for left sided players.
    A couple of years back they bought three dutch left footers in one season. Vdv, sniejder and royston drenthe. So i'm not sure it matters if they have ronaldo or not, they maybe looking at Bale as the new Roberto Carlos.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Sep 17 2010, 10:11

[quote="sarflondonar"]Not sure about them wanting Lennon, but Bale is the best left sided player in the country at the moment, and real do have a fetish for left sided players.
    A couple of years back they bought three dutch left footers in one season. Vdv, sniejder and royston drenthe. So i'm not sure it matters if they have ronaldo or not, they maybe looking at Bale as the new Roberto Carlos.

Yep, I'd go with that Sarf, I just didn't believe they'd be after both.

I may be wrong, it won't be the first time ............. or the last, but I don't see Bale as being the problem should they come shopping. He strikes me as a level headed bloke who may just realise that he still has a lot of learning to do regardless of his current form. He may well see it as too early to make such a high profile move. The problem may well be the club if Real offer squillions for him. Having said that, we have only sold if we had no choice or the player was surplus/had a ready replacement.

A difficult one to call this, but my gut tells me that it won't happen.

It's Real though so anything is possible.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 17 2010, 17:40

if anything i believe he wants Bale , but Bale & lennon togeather i can't see it .
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Fri Sep 17 2010, 19:26

[quote="ionman34"]
    sarflondonar wrote:Not sure about them wanting Lennon, but Bale is the best left sided player in the country at the moment, and real do have a fetish for left sided players.

I may be wrong, it won't be the first time ............. or the last, but I don't see Bale as being the problem should they come shopping. He strikes me as a level headed bloke who may just realise that he still has a lot of learning to do regardless of his current form. He may well see it as too early to make such a high profile move. The problem may well be the club if Real offer squillions for him. Having said that, we have only sold if we had no choice or the player was surplus/had a ready replacement.

Yup anything is possible, you only have to look at how many forwrds they had last season.

I hope you're right about Bale, but this is the second story linking him with Real.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 18 2010, 13:12

[quote="sarflondonar"]
    ionman34 wrote:
    sarflondonar wrote:Not sure about them wanting Lennon, but Bale is the best left sided player in the country at the moment, and real do have a fetish for left sided players.

Yup anything is possible, you only have to look at how many forwrds they had last season.

I hope you're right about Bale, but this is the second story linking him with Real.

Here's an idea, if they come in for him we can tell them that the only way they'll get him is in a swap deal with Ronaldo! It then puts an enormous price tag on Bale from the off and will unsettle Ronaldo in the bargain.

Unrealistic I know, but the purpose is to signal our intent. We won't settle for lessening ourselves to strengthen others, whether they are English or not, we will only trade up.

Lennon can play on the left too, as can VDV and Rose, so we are in a position of strength, particularly as Bale has so many years left on his contract.

I wouldn't want to see him leave under any circumstances as he is currently the hottest property in English Football, but should it happen, I'd hope to see Levy squeeze the life out of Real and get every concession that we possibly can.

In the meantime, I'm going to pay this report lip service and treat it as with every 'meeja' speculation on our best players ............ Another sorry attempt to unsettle our best, by a press that wants to see us as the second team in North London again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 17:04