The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

defoe

defoe Empty defoe

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 04:26

Doesn't deserve to pull on the lilywhite shirt ever again. FACT.

I have been saying for months Defoe is a waste of space. I would take any of the West Ham strikers over him any day of the week.

Why should a club aspiring to be a top 4 team, year in, year out have to wait for the confidence of one single player to kick in? We dont need a confidence player, we need a consistent striker!!

Harry's slagging off Bent and forcing him to leave, in favour of getting in Defoe has proved to be one of the biggest managerial howlers this season.

Why don't the journalists put that statement to him for comment, rather than letting him off with all the usual brown-nosing plaudits?

defoe Empty Re: defoe

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 05:13

just not good enough and it's got nothing to do with 4411 or VDV

he's getting chances and absolutely bottling them

Pav should be our starter for the rest of the season he's just so much better than that bloody worthless midget

minutes to goals Pav has been our best striker for well over a year and he has to play second fiddle to that one dimensional cocky little w@nke
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Mar 20 2011, 05:19

Will agree that Pav should start the rest of the season Lought, but i would play him up with Defoe, thought they looked good wen Pav came on linking up well!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:37

Yup he's sh*t, let's kill him. Kill him now . . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:43

waits for baz to rep you again lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:45

Your wish is my command. REPPED Vis. lol!

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:53

i dont want him killed . just sold to the spammers will do. the guy is an idiot. saying last week that he though about leaving because he not played in sum big games.d

defoe score some goals then you mite warrent a start.
    he will never have as many chances in a game then he had today.

if only we had darren bent we would of won.
    even robbie keane wouldnt have done any worse then defoe.

i see defoe had hes t shirt ready 1oo goals tshirt.

defoe is all about defoe and i cant wait for him 2 go

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 08:55

Thanx Baz LOL. OK let's not kill him lets just wrap him up in cling film and post him to the moon . . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 09:39

before todays game defoe has had 14 games this season 2 goals 2 assist from 45 shots.

now add todays to that. 15 games 2 shots 2 assis 55 shots lol

now add the 8 games at the end of last season before the pen = 23games now go back to march for hes last goal in open play aganst blackburn. thats some serious bad run of form.

i rekon anyone else could score more with our midfeild

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 09:57

now add todays to that. 15 games 2 shots 2 assis 55 shots lol

LOL at that alright . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Mar 20 2011, 17:53

What is it with ex players and u lought Sir Adel Taarrabt and King Darren Bent if u want Defoe to leave u will want him back next season if he fires 20 goals in for Manc City lol. If Darren Bent is soooooo good why didnt any big club come in for him at Sunderland. Liverpool went for Suarez and Carroll they could of got him City bought Dzecko could of signed Bent too . Instead he went to Villa who r no bigger than Sunderland
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Mar 22 2011, 03:54

Before Defoe got injured he was starting to show signs he was becoming a complete striker. His goals for England proved that. He got his fair share of goals last season as well & did as much as anyone to get us that 4th place & CL Footy.

But this season he's never had a chance to really get a real run of games under his belt to improve his fitness & more importantly regain his sharpness in front of goal. He came back from injury had a harsh sending off & missed a few games & has only been a bit part player so i'm not surprised he's struggling.

All strikers have baron spells, but most clubs fans stick by them & not stick the boot in more or less right away. Lought i normally have lots of time for you but i think your being out of order here i really do. He needs real game time not a few subs appearances or games weeks apart.

I know Defoe is a goal machine when he's firing on all cylinders & i'll stick by him & wait for him to hand feed you a bit of humble pie Mate
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 22 2011, 05:39

[b]I said it in the other thread, the one where Lew is bad tempered.. upset lol

I think some of us have far to high expectations of Defoe ... JD is a half decent striker but he's not top notch and anyone who's been watching football over time, will know, that even the top notch forwards go through barren spells so why not a half decent one ? ....

Despite all this , he's getting into situations time and time again to put the ball in the net however is failing to do so... This we have seen in his many seasons before although he would always get a goal here or there and never have a barren run like now .. The trouble with JD as far as I see it , is he simply is not calm enough in those situations that require guille rather than power .. As Spurs supporters for many years we've all seen him score those netbusters but when it requires a pass into the corner of the net where the goalkeeper is unlikely to get to , it just rarely happens like that ...

Also, JD is being asked to play as a lone striker role one week and the following week, in a 4-4-2 and this for me is a big ask by the manager whos player's confidence is not at its highest ... JD with his limitations at least needs continuity ...
    .... Also there are times when I think we're playing the lone striker as if we're playing two upfront with regards to the wingers, as they're both hugging the touchlines far to much rather than coming infield ....... If VDV is in a deep midfield position and he gets the ball out to either of them, he has to then get near to Defoe to offer him support ... It could be VDV's hamstring I dont know but this has not been happening of late with the dutchman not keeping up with the counter attacking play and all to often the winger is looking for the lone striker who has more than one marker on him ... Its crazy !

The manager has to be looked at here too ......We're playing at home , against a team who would bite your hand off if offered a point prior to kick off ... We should be playing two strikers against teams like these .. If Pav and Defoe are good enough to be selected away from home at Wolves and score three goals too, surely they should be picked in the following home game against West Ham?
    If VDV or Lennon or even Bale start on the bench to begin with, what is wrong with that ? ..I think Harry would do well to have a look at his friend Fergie and see how he handles the star names .. For Rednose, its for the good of the team and not who he rates as his best eleven players ... Sort it out Harry !

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 06:33

rep for arnie well said.
    harry dont have the bottle to drop vdv

also defoe came back from injury last season and had the last 8/9 games.

hes had loads of games this season aswell.

pav never had a run of games defoe has yet has scored more in the last 2 years
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:rep for arnie well said.
    harry dont have the bottle to drop vdv

also defoe came back from injury last season and had the last 8/9 games.

hes had loads of games this season aswell.

pav never had a run of games defoe has yet has scored more in the last 2 years

Ta Lought ... Like you Ive never been to struck on JD mainly because of what I'm sure you will agree with , is his selfish play but as much as Im baffled by some of his misses, Im equaly mystified by Harry's changing with the attack after both forwards scored away at Wolves .... I suppose Harry will rightly say we created the chances and it were just one of those games etc etc (again ) , but it were 0-0 and we can now say Harry shouldve started with both JD & Pav ...

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:28

it just winds me up that he dont mind putting pav down when he has a bad game, or when darren bent missed that header sayin hes wife would of scored yet in about 25 games defoe has only scored in 1 game lol and harry wont dare moan at him.

hanson once said that defoe was not a proper striker and i always agreed with him. plus if my memory serves me right hes stopped us from gettin 3 points aganst west ham a few times.

remember about 4 years ago we was 1 0 up in injury time and we had 2 1 on 1s and defoe could of passed for a tap in yet was greedy and missed both then at the other end anton scored 2 make it 1 1.

then theres the pens hes missed aganst them 2

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22 2011, 07:53

Loughtonlegend wrote:it just winds me up that he dont mind putting pav down when he has a bad game, or when darren bent missed that header sayin hes wife would of scored yet in about 25 games defoe has only scored in 1 game lol and harry wont dare moan at him.

hanson once said that defoe was not a proper striker and i always agreed with him. plus if my memory serves me right hes stopped us from gettin 3 points aganst west ham a few times.
    remember about 4 years ago we was 1 0 up in injury time and we had 2 1 on 1s and defoe could of passed for a tap in yet was greedy and missed both then at the other end anton scored 2 make it 1 1.then theres the pens hes missed aganst them 2

Ye God's it's the conspiracy theorey again ! Lets hope we never play Rotor Volograd or Spartak Moscow with Pavy leading the line, or Lens or QPR with A.N.Other on the pitch . . . . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Mar 22 2011, 18:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:it just winds me up that he dont mind putting pav down when he has a bad game, or when darren bent missed that header sayin hes wife would of scored yet in about 25 games defoe has only scored in 1 game lol and harry wont dare moan at him.

remember about 4 years ago we was 1 0 up in injury time and we had 2 1 on 1s and defoe could of passed for a tap in yet was greedy and missed both then at the other end anton scored 2 make it 1 1.

then theres the pens hes missed aganst them 2

Was there not a goal last season at Upton Park where Defoe scored where Carlton Cole played him in lol! Defoe has gone crap and having a barren run Rooney went crap at Utd he didnt score for ages apart from a Pen but hes getting back to his best slowly it takes time. As for Hansen him and Lineker said hes a natural finisher but just a bit short pardon the pun lol of been great. Harry has come out and said Defoes not in form

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content