The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
An honest take on the cl campaign. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

An honest take on the cl campaign. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

An honest take on the cl campaign.

An honest take on the cl campaign. Empty An honest take on the cl campaign.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 01:39

It was a great experience and would be a pity if we didnt get in again next season, we did better than a lot thought to reach the last eight.

Having said that i thought it brought home the blunt and honest truth that certain players just aint up to it and i dont care who complains and fights a case for players i zero rate, so lets have a look at who should stay and who we should be looking at to replace.

Gomes blooper ended what little chance we had, they were giving it a good go until that fatal error and as i said the match was essentially dead anyway, but as a one off spectacle that finished us off, gomes does too many of these in my opinion and , yes he does save a few along the way,so would you be looking for a new keeper............cos i would.

Ekotto and corluka, i actually like the pair, i like ekotto,s spirit and corlukas doggedness,so i would have them down as staying.

Gallas and dawson are a great pairing, my ideal pairing is king and woodgate but it aint ever going to happen and in this mercenary game that we love we should let them go to get new blood in for the cb position because gallas wont last forever and bassong can only ever be cover.

Bale and lennon ! well of course to stay , but they need to avoid the shoulder and arm blocks they are going to encounter.

Modric is a little work horse with a great attitude.

Sandro i believe will be better than huddlestone, and this is going to split opinions on here, hud when on song is a great player, his passing can be great and absolute dire at times, yes he has only just come back from injury but his passing on wednesday night broke down moves on his wayward passing.

Then we hit the front line, vdv made an impact in the first weeks he came to spurs, but he aint doing it now.

Pav ! is pav and he aint good enough, offside too much for me.

Defoe and crouch, lets start with crouch, not the most prolific hey lought ! but does put himself around a bit, while defoe has dried up goal wise.

So heres the outs for me and as i said i am sticking with it regardless of what response this post gets.

Gomes,vdv,pav,king and woodgate all out.

An honest take on the cl campaign. Empty Re: An honest take on the cl campaign.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 02:15

for me crouch can go. he just dont score enough goals. hes heading is woefull and hes movement is rubbish

gomez needs proper competition for hes place.

corluka is ok with naughton challangen him for hes place

ekotto again needs competiton for hes place
    vdv can go if we get good price.

jenas ohara robbie keane cudichini krankar can all go.
    pav and defoe only if we get decent money....

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 02:18

gomez/ new keeper
    corluka/naughton daws/woody/galas/king/bassong/caulker/kaboul

right back ekotto/bale and buy somone else.

lennon/towsend wp hudd sandro modric bale/ modric

i also forgot bentely can be sold
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Apr 16 2011, 02:56

Loughtonlegend wrote: gomez/ new keeper
    corluka/naughton daws/woody/galas/king/bassong/caulker/kaboul

right back ekotto/bale and buy somone else.

lennon/towsend wp hudd sandro modric bale/ modric

i also forgot bentely can be sold

Lought, surely you mean Walker at right back?

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16 2011, 03:17

ye walker soz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 15:12