The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Be Honest !! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Be Honest !! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Be Honest !! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Be Honest !! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Be Honest !! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Be Honest !! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Be Honest !! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Be Honest !! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Be Honest !! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Be Honest !! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Be Honest !!

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Be Honest !! Empty Be Honest !!

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Thu Nov 01 2012, 22:56

APART from the UTD GAME first half only who as enjoyed us this season !!!!!!!! this is not a dig but im just not feeling it .

with the players we have did you expect better football.

were as our fast tempo gone

movement of the ball gone.

i tell you for nothing wants the points dry up

you will see were im coming from .

Rant over . Yawn

Be Honest !! Empty Re: Be Honest !!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02 2012, 00:31

well lets hope avb dont do what harry done from december to feb of the last 2 season when the points dried up. remember 1 win in 10 last season for harry. people seem to have short memories.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 02 2012, 01:11

Whats the panic? we have Kaboul,Benny,Parker,Ade to come in
    Dembele not played in last two matches, Bale missed the Cheatski match and yet we are 4th.
    Dry up!! I'm looking to maintain what we have or increase the points with the above players back in the squad. Jeez, we lose to Norwich in a cup nobody wants and all of a sudden theres a panic on. Slow play? Most this season have said how quickly we break.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 02 2012, 01:57

djfitzo wrote:Whats the panic? we have Kaboul,Benny,Parker,Ade to come in
    Dembele not played in last two matches, Bale missed the Cheatski match and yet we are 4th.
    Dry up!! I'm looking to maintain what we have or increase the points with the above players back in the squad. Jeez, we lose to Norwich in a cup nobody wants and all of a sudden theres a panic on. Slow play? Most this season have said how quickly we break.

What Djfitzo says ^^^^^[b]
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Fri Nov 02 2012, 02:38

yes we best on counter attack but our overall play is way to slow have we become a counter attack team now then.

if you happy watching this style then so be it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Nov 02 2012, 02:39

Ditto, what dj said.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 02 2012, 03:11

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:APART from the UTD GAME first half only who as enjoyed us this season !!!!!!!! this is not a dig but im just not feeling it .

with the players we have did you expect better football.

were as our fast tempo gone

movement of the ball gone.

i tell you for nothing wants the points dry up

you will see were im coming from .

Rant over . Yawn

I agree , at times our game has been pedestrian but it also has been very quick and incisive . For me, our biggest concern is we don't do possession to good once the opponent has stepped up a gear in the second halves.

We're missing the qualities of BAE, Kaboul, Dembele , Parker, Ade. All these players can help us in our control of a game. At the moment, we're playing the one man up top i.e Defoe, who despite doing reasonably well scoring and assist wise , his overall contribution falls short from what you'd expect from a lone front man. The lone front man has three midfielders looking to feed off him and to support him but this part of our play is severely lacking.

Our one and two touch play has to be upped maybe we should install one of these at Hotspur Way training ground.

AVB & Levy also has to shift more deadwood from the squad and bring in quality , not easy to do all in one transfer window , we have to show some patience.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 02 2012, 03:26

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:yes we best on counter attack but our overall play is way to slow have we become a counter attack team now then.

A lot of the best teams play that way mate, Arsenil play pretty football and aint won nothing for 7 seasons and still dont look like doing so.

Like I said, once the above players are back, you will see big Vert or Kaboul striding out of defence knowing that Parker can cover, imagine Benny bombing down the wing and Bale coming inside knowing Verts can step across and cover.

I really dont see us getting anything other than better.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 02 2012, 03:29

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:yes we best on counter attack but our overall play is way to slow have we become a counter attack team now then.

I think due to the players AVB has available for selection at the moment, we're over reliant on counter attacking but it wont always be the case when others come back from injury.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Nov 02 2012, 05:46

Our build up play is slow at the moment. The problem for me is our strikers. As you all know I don't rate Dempsey. I haven't the foggiest what is going on with Adabadback and Defoe is Defoe. He needs a player in the hole to create space for him. Siggy could possibly be that player. I don't think our play is boring though and as others have mentioned there is a wealth of talent to come back . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 15:16