The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
thanks harry EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
thanks harry EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
thanks harry EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
thanks harry EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
thanks harry EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
thanks harry EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
thanks harry EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
thanks harry EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
thanks harry EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

thanks harry Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

thanks harry

thanks harry Empty thanks harry

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:05

blackpool 3 1 spurs
    wolves 3 3spurs
    spurs 0 0 west ham
    wigan 0 0 spurs
    spurs 3 2 stoke
    spurs 3 3 arsenal
    spurs 2 2 west brom

gc 13 gs 12

from 21 points we got 8points. apart from the goons them teams or teams we should be spankin. all them people sayin we go on a win run. wel thanks harry for savin the best players for the champions league. next season its uefa cup.

so its true and you was a 1 season wonder like most thought you was.

thanks harry Empty Re: thanks harry

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:13

PMSL Lought too much WKD and sun me thinks. Haven't you been saying VDV is awful of late ? But hasn't VDV appeared in all C/L games when not banned ? Same as Crouchinio, another player you regulaly bitch about. Therefore according to your reasoning 'arry has been sending out sh*t teams in the C/L ? And it's the Europa League these days Lought lmao . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:22

vis yea i cant blame crouch but vdv been playin every game hes been fit

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:25

So why say 'arry is sending out the best for C/L when he plays VDV (who you say is sh*t) ? Sorry mate double standards from you . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:33

no its not, harry saves bale vdv ect for the champions league if we have a game a few days b4 then plays the same players the game after.

if bale takes a nock then if he can he wil def b back in the team no easin him back.

vdv been dog poo for ages now apart from the goons game but nobody will admit it cos of there spurs blinkers. harry even dropped lennon lately to fit vdv in

call me old fashiond but i though you get in the team on merit

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 08:57

So what is your idea of plan B then Lought ? You moan that 'arry plays 'em in the C/L and moan that he then plays 'em the league ! ! ! Seems he is damned if he do and damned if he don't. There always has to be a scapegoat for you Lought. It dosen't seem to occur to you that we are having another good season. Nope just bitch about a few dropped points here and there. Jol got us to 5th then we got Ramos FFS. Who did we have before Jol who took us into the top 6 ? 1989/90 was when Lought. I doubt you where even shaving back then. El Tel was it ? Do you know Lought that statistically 'arry is our 4th best ever manager with a win ratio of 51.16% while El Tel is 19th best with a win ratio of just 40.61% (our best for the record is Frank Brettell with 58.73% and Sir Bill is 6th with 49.03%). Get a grip Lought and start celebrating some of the major improvements over the last several years rather than just bitching . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 10:33

yep i saw them stats. so harry better then sir nic lol david pleat up there and so is el tel.

how are we having a good season. we beat a crap inter team. we got stuffed by real and was lucky aganst ac milan where we scored with our only chance.

our league form is pants.

i expect harry to rotate more and use kranker towsend bentley and co but he ends up loaning them out because hes brainwave idea of getting rid of the reserve league means our fringe players or not match fit.

i expect him to sumtimes start either vdv or bale on the bench and not keep rushing players back
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 11:30

God I am so tired of all this running our team down. Whatever happened to TTID COYS. It's no small wonder ion refuses to post anymore and Lew is threatening to leave the forum. And god knows how many others have left because of all the negativity on here. Why can you never accept the positives Lought?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 13:00

we couldnt attract a big name player when we had champions league football so it will be even harder if we dont finnish 4th.

then watch man u and other teams try and take our players off us.

You keep going on about other posters trying to make me feel guilty but why should i change. if people dont want to post then thats not my problem.

as for lew hes post have been negative. in fact other people have posted negativty post but its me you have a go at.

its funny how you didnt care what i posted untill ion stopped posting on here. in fact you often agreed with me and i rekon deep down you also think our league form has been bad.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 14:15

Baz ! i am not stopping posting because of lought, maybe ion is but i cant speak for him.

The season has ended as far as i am concerned with the wba game, for me it was one game too many that we should be taking the points and didnt.

I havent knocked the team much all season, in fact i have kept the faith with harry and the lads for most of it.

There is some truth in what lought says, results really speak volumes that something is wrong somewhere, but i would guess the loss of bale through injury and through him being heavily marked most games has contributed to poor results, i reckon most teams we play now have a motto......stop bale and you stop spurs, even harry is beginning to say that bale might have to go to left back to be as effective as he used to before he was regarded as a big danger to opposing teams.

The constant changing of the centre backs doesnt help which is why i am saying scrap king and woodgate and get players in that can actually contest the position because it is up for grabs.

I am disappointed changing cl for europa but we might not even get that with liverpool breathing down our knecks, but i really think their revival is from the effect of having a new manager in place.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:05

lewspurs wrote:
    Baz ! i am not stopping posting because of lought, maybe ion is but i cant speak for him.

The season has ended as far as i am concerned with the wba game, for me it was one game too many that we should be taking the points and didnt.

I havent knocked the team much all season, in fact i have kept the faith with harry and the lads for most of it.

There is some truth in what lought says, results really speak volumes that something is wrong somewhere, but i would guess the loss of bale through injury and through him being heavily marked most games has contributed to poor results, i reckon most teams we play now have a motto......stop bale and you stop spurs, even harry is beginning to say that bale might have to go to left back to be as effective as he used to before he was regarded as a big danger to opposing teams.

The constant changing of the centre backs doesnt help which is why i am saying scrap king and woodgate and get players in that can actually contest the position because it is up for grabs.

I am disappointed changing cl for europa but we might not even get that with liverpool breathing down our knecks, but i really think their revival is from the effect of having a new manager in place.

Well said Lew

Europa league is not a patch on the CL , if we fail to make it i think this will put us back a couple of seasons and all the hard would have been for nothing, we should really be investing into the squad so that we can fight a good campaign, we didn't do that , we have put all our eggs in one basket , its got noting to do with negativity , its just the plain truth , i hope we can hold on to our players and recover from this seasons set back.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:35

If the players are not willing to give it another season or two without CL football after all the club has done for them, then f*ck em. We only want players that want to play for us. I would hope though they will give it another go with us.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Apr 26 2011, 19:58

Well said Baz and I think most of them will. They know that they're good enough and the club is moving on. We're all disappointed if we don't make champions league but it seems so many supporters think that once you're in it you have some sort of divine right to be in every year. Don't work like that. As for attracting new players obviously it will be more difficult but not impossible (Liverpool seemed to manage it this year without CL) What about them down at the empty crates they look like losing their two best midfielders anyway in the summer so I'd rather be supporting Spurs cos the future still looks bright to me.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Apr 26 2011, 20:16

Yep, spot on Seebee. With Wenger still vowing not to spend any mony again and Flabbygas and Nasri reportedly heading out of the scumerites next season may well see Arsenal missing out on CL football the following season. CL places will be hard to come by next season as you now have City in the mix and with their millions I still think they are not far from winning the Prem. Liverpool will get stronger too. That means we will have 6 teams battling for a CL place. Tottenham, City, Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelski. That means two are going to miss out. I think City will become regular names in the CL mix it looks to me at the moment that Arsenal may well be one team to miss out on CL football. If that happens it will be disasterous for them. As for us? Well, we are used to it but the goons without CL football would be in real trouble. Life don't get much better does it? lol!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 21:59

LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Well said Lew

Europa league is not a patch on the CL , if we fail to make it i think this will put us back a couple of seasons and all the hard would have been for nothing, we should really be investing into the squad so that we can fight a good campaign, we didn't do that , we have put all our eggs in one basket , its got noting to do with negativity , its just the plain truth , i hope we can hold on to our players and recover from this seasons set back.

Don't agree with it setting us back Lobs. Could well be the perfect scenario for us. Concentrate on the league with the majority of the squad we have, most of whom are on long contracts with us. Several out and some new faces in. The experience of this season will make them hungury for more and could be the catalyst to spark us onto greater things. The Europa is a competition with many fine teams in it just not the hype of the C/L and that would be good experience for the season after should we re-acheive C/L football. Saying all that there are still games to be played this season and the dream ain't over just yet . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Apr 26 2011, 22:15

VisionarySound wrote:
    LOBO wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Well said Lew

Don't agree with it setting us back Lobs. Could well be the perfect scenario for us. Concentrate on the league with the majority of the squad we have, most of whom are on long contracts with us. Several out and some new faces in. The experience of this season will make them hungury for more and could be the catalyst to spark us onto greater things. The Europa is a competition with many fine teams in it just not the hype of the C/L and that would be good experience for the season after should we re-acheive C/L football. Saying all that there are still games to be played this season and the dream ain't over just yet . . . .

Well we will still have the europa league and they play more games in that comp, this means its back to sunday football & thurdays nights channel 5 Sad

we will be playing more games next season, depends if we go out early , then who knows it could work in our favour , no matter what though citeh will sign more players
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 26 2011, 22:37

I agree with Lobo, failure to get CL footy next season can only be described as a setback however if we also manage to cock it all up with no Europa League too , then the opportunity will be there for the club to streamline the squad... I think if this were to happen it would suit Harry management style as he's an old school type manager and is not an Alex Ferguson when it comes to star player rotation...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Apr 26 2011, 22:42

To go all the way in the Europa League I think its something like an extra 20 games , thats like half the premeir league total number of games ...
    Think I'd prefer missing out on trips to places like Moldova and Bosnia etc..

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:44

To not make the C/L next season will be a step backwards after last season's qualification but the Europa will allow us to gain experience against good European club sides and that, for me, is a good thing for the future . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27 2011, 00:23

we had the champions league and we should of got some big players in but we didnt and now we havent got that to attract players in.

why cant harry play some of our kids. walker should be here. gio could of come on even bentley. and towsend to offer something differnt but instead these players or helping other teams.

ohara on the left could of given bale a rest and that guy has tons of passion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 14:39