The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Bale

Bale Empty Bale

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 05:54

Let's cash in while clubs are prepared to spend £30/40M on him. He has been found out and has no plan B to deal with it . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Bale Empty Re: Bale

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 06:33

No...He just needs guidance , tutoring ....

We sell him to ManUre or Chavs will be criminal...

Young players with talent is upto the management to nurture them not sell them on after a few dodgy games...

C'mon Vis ,a hypothesis for you, can you see Bill Nick, Terry Venners or Keith Burkinshaw cashing in and giving up on Bale ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 01 2011, 06:42

Spot on Arnie look what Venners did for Gazza when he came to us. He coached the player in the man.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 06:58

An English club will not pay over the odds for him guys, but the Contenentals will; and I would hope Levy would not sell him to a "local" rival. Is 'arry the man to coach him on ? The manager who was going to loan him out until the injury to Benny ? I'm really starting to think Bale is a one-trick-pony and the money we could get for him would allow us to strengthen across the whole squad . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 07:05

i dont care about him hes over hyped and a poser who dives. sell him and keep modric
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 01 2011, 07:06

Funnily enough vis.

Italian clubs should not sign 'over-rated' Tottenham star Gareth Bale – Claudio Gentile

World Cup winner urges Serie A's finest to ditch any potential
    interest in the Welshman claiming he is not a "champion" despite his San
    Siro heroics

By Joel Lamy

30 Apr 2011 14:12:00

Italy’s World Cup winning defender Claudio Gentile has urged Serie A’s big clubs not to try and sign Tottenham Hotspur's Gareth Bale in the summer.

Bale was recently voted PFA Player of the Year after an impressive season
    which has seen him, most notably, hit a stunning hat-trick at San Siro
    against defending champions Inter in the Champions League.

Bale has many admirers throughout Europe, with reports saying Chelsea will
    make a £40 million bid for the Welsh winger, but Gentile, who is famous
    for shackling Diego Maradona in the 1982 World Cup, is not among them.

The renowned hard-man told the Mirror: “I do not think [Gareth] Bale is a champion. He’s over-rated.

"His name appeared in the limelight only because he scored three goals in the Champions League match against Inter.

“This is not the kind of player that makes you step up to another level.”

This season, Bale has scored 11 goals in all competitions and he is currently ranked 58th in the Castrol EDGE Rankings above the likes of Franck Ribery (60th), Didier Drogba (70th) and Cesc Fabregas (91st).

However, the Welshman and Spurs face a battle if they are to qualify for next
    season's Champions League. They are currently sitting in fifth place in
    the Premier League four points behind Manchester City with just five
    games to play, and face a daunting trip to Chelsea this afternoon.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun May 01 2011, 07:19

Dont understand this thinking about selling our best players merely because they havent delivered the goods in these past few months .. You guys want to forever stay a feeder club , is that it ?

I said it at the start of the season where our weakness lies and that is upfront ...Harry had faith in his strikers that they would do the buisness for him, I didnt, but then not even I could envisage them letting him down as they have ...

What team in the history of top tier football has finished in the top six with its forwards scoring so few goals ?

The team has been letdown by poor finishing from the strikers for all the season and had they been delivering even moderate goal returns, then we wouldnt be having this disscussion about seeling on players like Bale ...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 01 2011, 07:29

Not saying we should sell Bale Arnie. Just fanning the flames of debate lol. I think we should hold on to all our better players for next season. As I have said before it might be a blessing if we don't even make the Europa League.

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 09:12

I'm saying sell Bale lol. One trick pony. Lets cash in on him and buy the strikers we need . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 01 2011, 09:44

he really annoyed me when he tired to be flash and lost the ball and didnt run back which lead to the goal.
    and when he does cross the ball it seems to be half hearted like hes not lookin where hes crossing the ball.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content