The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
DJSR
LOBO
BazSpur
7 posters

Redknapp threatens to quit.

Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 Empty Re: Redknapp threatens to quit.

Post by Guest Tue May 03 2011, 07:28

Boltjean wrote:It seems so easy, just bring in a keeper, a couple more strikers etc, etc, and all of a sudden problem solved, we will be up there with United and Chelsea. The problem is that we will not be the only club looking to bring in player's, your United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, and Liverpool will all be looking to strengthen their squad's. The difference will be between us and those that finish in the top four the attraction of the Champions League therefore they will get the pick of the best, as for Liverpool, I can see them spending big in the summer in order to get back to the day's when they were a top four club and I believe players will see them as a better prospect of becoming a top four club than us. In a nutshell I do not think we will end up with the quality player's we need to break back into the top four, we are not just that big an attraction as those club's I mentioned, we will not pay the money for quality player's or the wages to attract them to the club. Harry stated that there are the player's out there, and that we could get them if we are prepared to pay the huge wages and I can not see Levy doing that.

Its money money money len, its a rich mans world, even being in the cl didnt attract anymore than vdv, because we aint got the dosh to satisfy the money hunger of the mercenaries out there, now with man city in the top 4 they will spend like crazy and get their man because they will pay them what they want......we cant do it simply because it go,s back to moving from whl to a bigger stadium, bigger crowds....oh what the f*ck we have been through all this cabbage chewing before...... Rolling Eyes
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Redknapp threatens to quit. - Page 2 Empty Re: Redknapp threatens to quit.

Post by ionman34 Tue May 03 2011, 14:08

Boltjean wrote:It seems so easy, just bring in a keeper, a couple more strikers etc, etc, and all of a sudden problem solved, we will be up there with United and Chelsea. The problem is that we will not be the only club looking to bring in player's, your United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, and Liverpool will all be looking to strengthen their squad's. The difference will be between us and those that finish in the top four the attraction of the Champions League therefore they will get the pick of the best, as for Liverpool, I can see them spending big in the summer in order to get back to the day's when they were a top four club and I believe players will see them as a better prospect of becoming a top four club than us. In a nutshell I do not think we will end up with the quality player's we need to break back into the top four, we are not just that big an attraction as those club's I mentioned, we will not pay the money for quality player's or the wages to attract them to the club. Harry stated that there are the player's out there, and that we could get them if we are prepared to pay the huge wages and I can not see Levy doing that.

One thing you need to consider Len is what type of players we are after. Chelsea now have Torres, Khalou, Anelka, Drogba and two or three other strikers on their books. OK they may well sell Drogba but then Sturridge is scoring for fun on loan so they don't need to strengthen up front. Utd have Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez and Owen as well as another couple, can't remember their names, in the wings. They don't need to strengthen either. Liverpool have just shelled out a fortune on two new strikers so they won't be looking to buy in that area either.

All of theses teams will be looking for midfielders and defenders, particularly Liverpool who have too many ordinary or ageing players. The only possible top bracket opposition we might have for strikers is the goons. They might just scupper us with the likes of Lukaku. For the record, I'm totally with Arnie's selection of strikers and agree that we should ship what we have out now, all 4 of them. Start up front afresh with strikers keen to impress and build partnerships up front. I've watched this Facao play ever since Arnie highlighted him earlier this season and he really does look good. We missed out on Suarez, which I'm more gutted about following every game he plays, so I don't want to miss out on Falcao. I also like the Lukaku/Drogba pairing idea too, there's continuity of style there for me and it's that kind of line leadership that this club has been missing for too long now.

Finally, ManU, Chelsea and Citeh are currently swamped with players of the same calibre as those we are looking to get. They can only field a squad of 25 which will have an effect on the decision making of said players. The potential to join a club with realistic aspirations to win a title, and be part of the starting line up, HAS to be a big draw for these players.

But our priority is as Lought has been saying for the last few Months, get in early and secure them early. Do as we have done with the likes of Modric, do it quietly and early then spend the better part of the closed season getting them acclimatised to the country, the climate, the language, their team mates and the tactics.

Then turn them loose, light blue touch paper and stand well back.

Harry is right, with the right players we CAN win the title. I said this pre season, I've said it all through this season and I say it again. We're good enough.

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 16:37