The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
WTF is Redknapp doing. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

WTF is Redknapp doing. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
LOBO
shearspur
Boltjean
BazSpur
8 posters

WTF is Redknapp doing.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

WTF is Redknapp doing. Empty WTF is Redknapp doing.

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 10 2011, 04:22

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23985362-harry-redknapp-if-luka-modric-is-unhappy-he-should-have-left.do

Does he seriously want to get sacked. He should shut the f*ck up and get on with managing the team. He should have come with a mute button.

WTF is Redknapp doing. Empty Re: WTF is Redknapp doing.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 04:59

Mr Redknapp needs to make his mind up. At the start of the transfer window he was quoted as saying that we shouldn't sell our best players, urging Levy not to sell. He also stated that Modric was a model professional and that he (Modric) wouldn't cause us any problems. We are now into the season and he is now inferring that we shouldv'e sold Modric. I suppose we will find out on Saturday whether Modric is the consumate professional that Redknapp claims he is!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 05:30

Oh dear. If true this makes Redknapp look a fool & Levy an idiot. So Redknapp will risk the balance of the team by playing someone who is feeling, to quote him - didn't want to play for your club ??? He then proceeds to say - He is fantastic and now it is all done, I'm delighted he is still here."-. Talk about mixed f*cking messages. I hope this is "blue sky thinking" & mis-quotes from the journalist involved otherwise it shows Redknapp up as an individual who dosen't know when to stay quiet and who conducts his business thro' the meeja. I really hope this is the former & not the latter. Look out for the Hunters & Knappers . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Sep 10 2011, 05:45

I pray he gets the England job so we can get a manager in who puts the club first and does not seek attention from the media. I said the other day in a post, players and managers should keep their mouth's shut and get on with the job they are paid to do, and here we have a manager putting one of our players in the shop window, I can not remember any manager in the clubs history advocateing a top player moving on. Why is it that people like Harry never get laryngitis.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 10 2011, 06:04

I seriously hope this is Media bollox but history tells us Redknapp has a habit of opening his mouth too much.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Sep 10 2011, 06:51

hes a reporters dream , always giving little quotes and titbits to the journos. if he spent more time managing our club than gossiping to the media everytime they ask him something we might get some points on the board. why does he have to mention "he knew everything werent right at the club". can you imagine fergie giving all inside info out, no chance. get on with managing harry ,you,ll have your pundit job in the future .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Sep 10 2011, 07:15

One word " w a n ker "

not you shear redknapp lol

when he first came to spurs i thought yes terrific a decent manager, now im thinking this bloke is a joke, harry hindsight he should be known as from now on, the bloke does but nothing but undermine the chairmen all the time , hes a charlie and nothing more calling spurs fans idiots was for the last straw for me .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Sep 10 2011, 07:25

i still think hes a good manager, if he gets on with it. i want him to manage the team, bolster the players, get the players who are not in the team of a mindset of chomping at the bit to fight for their place in the team,build them up, tell them how good they are and what they can achieve at spurs if they put their minds to it, cos they are bloody good enough to be challenging for honours and so is harry if they all become one driving force. unfortunately people are all pulling in different directions and nobody knows wos in charge or dont care.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sat Sep 10 2011, 07:34

The meeja build them up, particularly a cheeky cockney chappie with a quip on tap like Arry- then they f*cking pick them to bits - players, manager and any other celebrity target

It's an English thing

And until you know exactly who would take over (and do a better job than Arry) be cautious what you wish for

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 08:32

Good point Nic and we should be carefull before we judge that the article is factually correct. Should it be correct then oh dear, oh dear . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 10 2011, 08:34

anicoll5 wrote:The meeja build them up, particularly a cheeky cockney chappie with a quip on tap like Arry- then they f*cking pick them to bits - players, manager and any other celebrity target

It's an English thing

And until you know exactly who would take over (and do a better job than Arry) be cautious what you wish for

Yeah.

What he said.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:38

anicoll5 wrote:The meeja build them up, particularly a cheeky cockney chappie with a quip on tap like Arry- then they f*cking pick them to bits - players, manager and any other celebrity target

It's an English thing

A few on here nic wont ever forgive harry for the "idiot spurs fans" bit in the summer, or for telling the truth that he would have sold modric, that apparently doesnt back up levys stance on not selling! lol!
    No one sees that harry now has a player that wanted to leave and now he has to motivate the same player who claims "levy has broken his promise to me "
    As you say, careful what you wish for.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:52

VisionarySound wrote:Oh dear. If true this makes Redknapp look a fool & Levy an idiot. So Redknapp will risk the balance of the team by playing someone who is feeling, to quote him - didn't want to play for your club ??? He then proceeds to say - He is fantastic and now it is all done, I'm delighted he is still here."-. Talk about mixed f*cking messages. I hope this is "blue sky thinking" & mis-quotes from the journalist involved otherwise it shows Redknapp up as an individual who dosen't know when to stay quiet and who conducts his business thro' the meeja. I really hope this is the former & not the latter. Look out for the Hunters & Knappers . . . .

WTF is he doing in deed making a fool of everybody at Spurs especially himself giving mix massages. Now the window is closed WTF is he going on and on and on like F***ing parrot. I mentioned some days ago that it is up to Rednap to motivate Modric but now I have second thoughts. HOW CAN YOU MOTIVATE A PLAYER THAT YOU IMPLY SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE CLUB

Yes I think he want to be sacked and for me I do not care If he goes his tactics are not all that and he talks too much at the wrong time so yes he should GET THE F***K out of White Hart Lane NOW.

I am not buying all this Meeja fabrication story business, as they say where there is smoke there is s fire around the corner. This story has been simmering constantly for a long time to be of meeja making
    Get out now Rednap

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:58

What he is doing is blaming everyone else rather then address the problem then deflecting away from the issues by singing the praises of a player coming to the end of his career. Time for Redknapp to concentrate on Spurs rather then enhancing his meeja prospects . . . . .

Harry Redknapp blames wantaway players for poor start

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp says their disappointing start to the season was not a surprise because of the bad atmosphere created by players who wanted to leave.

Spurs lost their first two Premier League games 3-0 and 5-1 and Redknapp said: "I did feel things weren't right here. I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

"I could tell there were too many players around that wanted to leave.

"It wasn't creating the right atmosphere going into the new season."

A 3-0 loss at champions Manchester United was followed by the 5-1 thrashing at home by Manchester City to leave Spurs bottom of the Premier League table.

"I was surprised by the result itself, 5-1. But I did feel at the time that things weren't right here. Most of those lads got their moves," added Redknapp.
    He did not specify to whom he was referring but Peter Crouch, Alan Hutton, Jermaine Jenas and Wilson Palacios all left Tottenham before the end of the transfer window.

Luka Modric, who had been linked with Chelsea, was one who stayed and Redknapp admitted it had been a "difficult situation".

"I've always been brought up with the belief that, if people don't want to play for your club then you move them on, but I love Luka as a player," said Redknapp.

"I don't know how he feels, you have to ask him. The window has passed. He'll get on with his football."

Redknapp also confirmed he would love to have David Beckham at the club.

The former England captain trained with the Londoners last year, but Redknapp added that they had not made any move to try and sign the ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder.

"He was fantastic around the place, not only as a guy but also as a player. I found him to be an absolute top-class professional," said Redknapp.

"We haven't made any enquiries. I haven't spoken to the chairman about it. I was just asked if I would like him here and I don't think you'd ever say no to David Beckham.

"Would I enjoy having him here? Of course I would."

Redknapp added that midfielder Rafa van der Vaart could return from his hamstring injury sooner than expected after successful treatment in the Netherlands.

I don't think you'd ever say no to David Beckham. Would I enjoy having him here? Of course I would
    Harry Redknapp Tottenham manager

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 22:45

philip wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Oh dear. If true this makes Redknapp look a fool & Levy an idiot. So Redknapp will risk the balance of the team by playing someone who is feeling, to quote him - didn't want to play for your club ??? He then proceeds to say - He is fantastic and now it is all done, I'm delighted he is still here."-. Talk about mixed f*cking messages. I hope this is "blue sky thinking" & mis-quotes from the journalist involved otherwise it shows Redknapp up as an individual who dosen't know when to stay quiet and who conducts his business thro' the meeja. I really hope this is the former & not the latter. Look out for the Hunters & Knappers . . . .

WTF is he doing in deed making a fool of everybody at Spurs especially himself giving mix massages. Now the window is closed WTF is he going on and on and on like F***ing parrot. I mentioned some days ago that it is up to Rednap to motivate Modric but now I have second thoughts. HOW CAN YOU MOTIVATE A PLAYER THAT YOU IMPLY SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE CLUB

Yes I think he want to be sacked and for me I do not care If he goes his tactics are not all that and he talks too much at the wrong time so yes he should GET THE F***K out of White Hart Lane NOW.

I am not buying all this Meeja fabrication story business, as they say where there is smoke there is s fire around the corner. This story has been simmering constantly for a long time to be of meeja making
    Get out now Rednap

Well ! thats another manager we want out after a couple of years, the implications if it does happen is another man coming in and wanting the players of his own choosing, thus disrupting a team that have been together quite a while, and as has been said many times by various posters on her "justs needs a bit of tweeking here and there.
    Just want to ask anyone who wants to bother to reply to me "would you be saying all this is we had taken 4 points from the opening 2 games, a draw at man utd and 3 points against city at whl ? would everyone be grabbing any sentence harry says and turning it against him.
    This modric thing just goes on and on and surely modric is to blame for all the unrest at the moment.
    Personally i just see a bloke who is giving an honest point of view from his own thoughts, that he doesnt usually want players who dont want to play for the club.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Sep 10 2011, 22:54

You can say what you like about Martin Jol but at least he kept his mouth shut and just got on with the job whether you think it a good job or bad. Harry?, to full of himself and he has to many dreams to concentrate on the job in hand. I still say, and I know I will get stick here, we were to quick in getting shot of Jol, he was a Spurs man through and through and his dream was to turn our team into one that we could all be proud of, he wanted to be another Bill Nicholson, I have never heard Harry say how much he wanted to bring the glory days back to Tottenham, infact, I have heard him say on a few occasion's that we will never be as good as your Chelsea or United, and how far we are behind them, now this might be true, but do we want to hear all this. On another occasion and please correct me if I am wrong, did he not say how much he was pleased for, was it Avram Grant when Portsmouth beat us in the cup final?, yes, all the Spurs fans were as well Harry, I don't think. Before anyone say's anything, I know Jol has got a job on his hand's with Fulham and it could all go pear shape, but with the squad we have now I think he could have done a good. I know I go on but I just liked his attitude while he was at the club, he was just proud to be our manager, I do not see this pride in Harry
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 10 2011, 23:04

Of course Modric is to blame as he is the catalyst Lew but Arry does himself no favours with his flapping gob. I have nothing against Arry perse and when everything is going well we have played some fantastic attacking football under him but ffs he should learn to keep his mouth firmly shut and just manage the team. He has a history of gobbing off in front of a camera or a newspaper reporter Lew. His musings about the Liverpool owners Gillet and Hicks did not go down well in Liverpool. That was no business of his and he should have kept out of it. Then we had the Spurs fans are idiots rant and the Spurs supporters have never had it so good rant at the end of last season. Arry keep mouth firmly closed and all will be sweet. To answer your question though, if we had 4 points from the first two games I would be ecstatic but it would make no difference to the way I feel about Arry and his mouth. I know the media take things out of context Lew but every story that comes out about Arry and what he says can't always be lies can it? We have seen him on camera giving his views have we not?
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Sep 10 2011, 23:12

Good post Baz. It does seem as though Harry can not keep his mouth shut, and does not seem to realise that he is turning everyone against him, and this probably includes Levy if the truth is known.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 23:19

but we havent got 4 points yet. we have none. in fact we won 3 out of the last 17 games

as for modric its up to harry to tell him to get on with it as we pay hes wages.

if modric really wanted to go then why sign that contract extionson.

jol loved spurs. harry just wants the england job.

david beckham has said he wont join another team apart from man u
    we had all this crap last jan about beckham and now its starting again.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sat Sep 10 2011, 23:45

lewspurs wrote:
    This modric thing just goes on and on and surely modric is to blame for all the unrest at the moment.
    Personally i just see a bloke who is giving an honest point of view from his own thoughts, that he doesnt usually want players who dont want to play for the club.

What we are saying is Lew that enough is enough why keep on about it after the Window has closed is it because he is making excuses for our bad start? or is it because there is clash between him and Levy. Either way all this may distabilise the team which surely is not what we want. Therefore Rednap should really have interest of the club in mind instead of going on what happened before. My point is if Rednap is so cheesed off about it so much that he koses his focus of a team then surely he should move on

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:11

I get all your points, and in some ways agree with them.he should let the modric matter rest definately, but could it be that he sees trouble ahead with modric ? i just wonder if modric will buckle down, perhaps harry is saying "i told you so " and " i didnt want a player that wanted to leave "
    all i can say is GOD HELP HARRY IF WE LOSE AT WOLVES TODAY................. scary
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:13

It's hardly a wonder that so many have stopped posting on here, or that so few manage to join this forum. It's the same old whinge, whine, moan and complain about anything THFC.

It seems to me that the negative posts have saturated this forum and taken away the will of anyone to post on here. That is unless they agree with the moaners.

I was about to say the moaning minority but your constant saturation has succeeded in making you the majority.

A comment was made a little while ago that the forum had gone downhill.

I think you have your answer as to why.

Well done the haters, I guess if no one is here to argue with you then you can never be wrong hey?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:19

Boltjean wrote:You can say what you like about Martin Jol but at least he kept his mouth shut and just got on with the job whether you think it a good job or bad. Harry?, to full of himself and he has to many dreams to concentrate on the job in hand. I still say, and I know I will get stick here, we were to quick in getting shot of Jol, he was a Spurs man through and through and his dream was to turn our team into one that we could all be proud of, he wanted to be another Bill Nicholson, I have never heard Harry say how much he wanted to bring the glory days back to Tottenham, infact, I have heard him say on a few occasion's that we will never be as good as your Chelsea or United, and how far we are behind them, now this might be true, but do we want to hear all this. On another occasion and please correct me if I am wrong, did he not say how much he was pleased for, was it Avram Grant when Portsmouth beat us in the cup final?, yes, all the Spurs fans were as well Harry, I don't think. Before anyone say's anything, I know Jol has got a job on his hand's with Fulham and it could all go pear shape, but with the squad we have now I think he could have done a good. I know I go on but I just liked his attitude while he was at the club, he was just proud to be our manager, I do not see this pride in Harry

People are all different len ! thats what makes the world go round, what do you want a jol clone ? lol!
    Some are outspoken, some are quiet, thats personalities for you.
    Bill Nic was a quiet but hard man who the players knew they couldnt mess around.
    You know the funny thing is that harry actually looks uncomfortable at having the cameras in front of him, i personally think he says the first thing that comes into his head without thinking of the impact.
    I have known loads of people like that...havent you ? try it yourself with the tv cameras on you.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:19

ion what a load of tosh. every forum has negative post. so i dont know how you can say this forum has gone down hill because we moaning about our manager forever talking to the media. no other manager is like him and talks to them every day.

one reason this board is not as good as it was is because the people who wanted the gooners off this board no longer post on here.

your the only genuine one who wanted them gone and still posts

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:24

ionman34 wrote:It's hardly a wonder that so many have stopped posting on here, or that so few manage to join this forum. It's the same old whinge, whine, moan and complain about anything THFC.

It seems to me that the negative posts have saturated this forum and taken away the will of anyone to post on here. That is unless they agree with the moaners.

I was about to say the moaning minority but your constant saturation has succeeded in making you the majority.

A comment was made a little while ago that the forum had gone downhill.

I think you have your answer as to why.

Well done the haters, I guess if no one is here to argue with you then you can never be wrong hey?

Coming from me ion ! i would have been castigated as well as castrated, but coming from you a well respected poster on here some might take what you say on board.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 10:55