The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Foreign Players EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Foreign Players EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Foreign Players EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Foreign Players EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Foreign Players EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Foreign Players EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Foreign Players EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Foreign Players EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Foreign Players EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Foreign Players Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Foreign Players

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Foreign Players Empty Foreign Players

Post by Boltjean Fri May 13 2011, 05:07

In the sixtie's, we won the first division, the FA cup on three occasion's, the Charity Shield twice and the European Cup Winners Cup, not a foreign player in sight. In the seventie's, we won the League Cup twice and the UEFA Cup, 2 foreign player's had joined the club, we all know who they were. In the eightie's, we won the FA Cup twice, the UEFA Cup and shared the Charity Shield, 6 foreign player's joined the club. In the ninetie's, we won the FA Cup, the League Cup and shared the Charity Shield, 19 foreign player's had joined the club. In the year 2000 to date, won the League Cup, and I can not believe this, 37 foreign player's joined the club. Now I am not saying they all remained at the club very long, but I think this may be a reason why we have seen a decline in us winning trophies. Out of all these foreign player's I would say that Ardiles, Villa, Ginola, Klinsmann and Thorstvedt will live in my memory, compared to Mackay, Jennings, Jones, Sheringham, Hoddle, Lineker, Mabbutt, Les and Clive Allen, Chivers, Knowles, England, Greaves and Gazza. My point?, should we buy British, mature player's with true grit and youngster's we can turn into those great British player's I have mentioned from the past, and there are many more that I have missed out.

Foreign Players Empty Re: Foreign Players

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 06:35

Len I consider the Scots, Welsh & Oirish to be foreigners lol proud .

Thing is mate you can say the same for all top clubs in this day & age (look at our close neighbours and not fielding a single British player). Carlos Kickaball has taken a strong hold in the modern English game making the transfer value of talented British players become unfeasable (Andy Carrol £35M). The spine of the team under Jol was predominatly English and we at Spurs took pride in that. But to deal in just British is virtually impossible. Mature English replacements, who we may just be able to sign for what we already have ? Glenn Johnson, Joe Cole, Rob Green, Carlton Cole ? Are players like these better then Corluka, Modric, Pavy & Gomes ? Yes lets look at young British players but people like Wickham being quoted at £17M are a gamble and other clubs will bid up the price. We have Dawson, Bale, Hutton, Thudd, Lennon & Defoe to name but a few already flying the flag for Great Britan . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri May 13 2011, 08:56

sign of the times len , i also think there is to many foriegn players just like cars, if you bought a new car and limited yourself to english only you would be missing out on better cars, i think the same could be said of player its all about choice
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri May 13 2011, 09:29

I dont think its about, Foreign Players, I think its more about buying the right Players, wether they be Foreign or Home Grown. Look at the top four over he Years, they all have Foreign Goal scorers do they not?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 13 2011, 10:18

Repped Kingy.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri May 13 2011, 10:31

Cheers Boss.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri May 13 2011, 16:55

As long as they know where the back of the net is they could be from bloody pluto for all i care!!

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 18:57

HotspurRoper wrote:As long as they know where the back of the net is they could be from bloody pluto for all i care!!

Leave the Mickey Mouse Disney players to our neighbours at EuroDisney shamarates department Ropes . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 13 2011, 20:14

HotspurRoper wrote:As long as they know where the back of the net is they could be from bloody pluto for all i care!!

Foreign Players 348204
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat May 14 2011, 21:13

PMSL Vis..... Am going to Disneyland in 3 weeks i could do a little scouting mission for scummers. LOL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 14:38