The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Here's a Thought EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Here's a Thought EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Here's a Thought EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Here's a Thought EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Here's a Thought EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Here's a Thought EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Here's a Thought EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Here's a Thought EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Here's a Thought EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Here's a Thought Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Here's a Thought

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Here's a Thought Empty Here's a Thought

Post by LOBO Fri May 27 2011, 22:01

Just been on the chelski news now looking at some of the stories concerning Arry , the general feeling from what i can gather is the majority of Chelki fans want Arry to take charge and most of the stories lean towards Arry as being the next chelski manager.

If arry does jump ship which is very possible considering he was in a similar position when he left Southampton for Portsmouth out of the blue why then don't we take anchelotti who has been quoted as saying he doesn't want to leave england and manage elsewhere , what would people feelings be towards this proposal if it were to occur .

Either arry comes out and say's point blank he don't want the job which he hasn't all hes said is he's happy at spurs .. but this story won't go away and its gathering pace , i can see this being another feather in Arry's cap with the money they got

any thoughts ?

Here's a Thought Empty Re: Here's a Thought

Post by Guest Fri May 27 2011, 23:40

Been saying this all along Lobs. Said it should 'arry come "unstuck" with regards to his court case. I like Ancelloti a lot. Proven manager at the highest level and comes across well. I'm not calling for Levy to sack 'arry but should his circumstances change, shall we say, we could do a helluva lot worse than look at Signor Carlo . . . .

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:14

VisionarySound wrote:Been saying this all along Lobs. Said it should 'arry come "unstuck" with regards to his court case. I like Ancelloti a lot. Proven manager at the highest level and comes across well. I'm not calling for Levy to sack 'arry but should his circumstances change, shall we say, we could do a helluva lot worse than look at Signor Carlo . . . .

I wouldnt want ancelloti vis, we should stick with someone who knows the english game, martin o,neill would do me.

I dont want to lose harry , it would mean another 3 years down the pan of stability and continuity.

But if it happens we as spurs fans are powerless to prevent it, martin o,neill now he is available would be right for the job.

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:26

Lew how can you say Ancelloti dosen't know trhe English game when he won the double last season ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 28 2011, 01:31

A lot of Spurs supporters saying Ancelloti plays too defensively to be a Spurs manager.

Last edited by BazSpur on Sat May 28 2011, 02:28; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:34

mon lol the guy who would never play kids at villa and played the same 11 all season when fit.

i not heard a thing today about the chelsea and harry rumores.

surley if its true we would hear more noise. the press would be following harry around.

i like the idea of carlo and wilkins

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:42

VisionarySound wrote:Lew how can you say Ancelloti dosen't know trhe English game when he won the double last season ?

Any half decent manager at chelsea could have done better than ancelotti, why do you think abramavitch sacked the bloke within days of the season finishing ? he,s as bad as ramos was , if these foreign managers bothered to go to night school and learn the fcking language they night realise they can communicate with the players better.

Yeah loads of sides have foreign players but the basic language of communication is english in england, these foreign managers make themselves looks idiots when interviewed, ramos sounded like a constipated goat, and ancelotti isnt much better.

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:45

Loughtonlegend wrote:mon lol the guy who would never play kids at villa and played the same 11 all season when fit.

surley if its true we would hear more noise. the press would be following harry around.

LOL, yeah lought, the same as harry doesnt play kids, ever thought that he had a limited squad with his past teams.?

Wilkins is a loser mate...useless.

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:50

Loughtonlegend wrote:

You posted the rumours lought, and yes it is gathering pace at an alarming rate.

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 01:50

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:mon lol the guy who would never play kids at villa and played the same 11 all season when fit.

LOL, yeah lought, the same as harry doesnt play kids, ever thought that he (mon) had a limited squad with his past teams.?

Wilkins is a loser mate...useless.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 28 2011, 05:10

Lew I have to agree with Vis here re your comment about any half decent manager could have done better than Ancelotti at Chelsea. I could not stand Ramos or understand him come to that, but what would you have said if we had done the double under him and then came second the following season?. If the prize for success is the sack then I would imagine had Chelsea finished outside the top four Abramavitch would have flown in a Russian fireing squad, tied Ancelotti to a goal post and shot him. Just thankfull he did not own Spurs back in 61-62 when we only came second after doing the double, imagine Bill being told he was no longer needed, the fans would have gone mad.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 28 2011, 05:21

LOBO wrote:Just been on the chelski news now looking at some of the stories concerning Arry , the general feeling from what i can gather is the majority of Chelki fans want Arry to take charge and most of the stories lean towards Arry as being the next chelski manager.

If arry does jump ship which is very possible considering he was in a similar position when he left Southampton for Portsmouth out of the blue why then don't we take anchelotti who has been quoted as saying he doesn't want to leave england and manage elsewhere , what would people feelings be towards this proposal if it were to occur .

Either arry comes out and say's point blank he don't want the job which he hasn't all hes said is he's happy at spurs .. but this story won't go away and its gathering pace , i can see this being another feather in Arry's cap with the money they got

any thoughts ?

I'd be suprised they would want him but if he jumps ship to them , surely he will give them the best season they ever had ? Rolling Eyes
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 28 2011, 05:27

lewspurs wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Lew how can you say Ancelloti dosen't know trhe English game when he won the double last season ?

Any half decent manager at chelsea could have done better than ancelotti, why do you think abramavitch sacked the bloke within days of the season finishing ? he,s as bad as ramos was , if these foreign managers bothered to go to night school and learn the fcking language they night realise they can communicate with the players better.

Yeah loads of sides have foreign players but the basic language of communication is english in england, these foreign managers make themselves looks idiots when interviewed, ramos sounded like a constipated goat, and ancelotti isnt much better.

Ancelloti's english is not great but its not bad either...In fact of all the past managers that have won the premeirship who speaks the engleesh like it should be spoken?

Fergie , Dalglish, Venger , Jose ?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 28 2011, 05:33

Boltjean wrote:Lew I have to agree with Vis here re your comment about any half decent manager could have done better than Ancelotti at Chelsea. I could not stand Ramos or understand him come to that, but what would you have said if we had done the double under him and then came second the following season?. If the prize for success is the sack then I would imagine had Chelsea finished outside the top four Abramavitch would have flown in a Russian fireing squad, tied Ancelotti to a goal post and shot him. Just thankfull he did not own Spurs back in 61-62 when we only came second after doing the double, imagine Bill being told he was no longer needed, the fans would have gone mad.

I agree ...Ancelotti wins the double then finishes second and he gets sacked and Lew agrees with Abramovich ....
    For some strange reason, this continuity thing we keep hearing about doesnt come into it in this instance...
    scratch

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 06:10

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Boltjean wrote:Lew I have to agree with Vis here re your comment about any half decent manager could have done better than Ancelotti at Chelsea. I could not stand Ramos or understand him come to that, but what would you have said if we had done the double under him and then came second the following season?. If the prize for success is the sack then I would imagine had Chelsea finished outside the top four Abramavitch would have flown in a Russian fireing squad, tied Ancelotti to a goal post and shot him. Just thankfull he did not own Spurs back in 61-62 when we only came second after doing the double, imagine Bill being told he was no longer needed, the fans would have gone mad.

I agree ...Ancelotti wins the double then finishes second and he gets sacked and Lew agrees with Abramovich ....
    For some strange reason, this continuity thing we keep hearing about doesnt come into it in this instance...
    scratch

You miss the point arnie, we aint chelsea, dont look on the situation at chelsea as we do at spurs, we need continuity to progress, ancelotti should have at least won something, they are already there mate, we aint yet.

We are bulilding from a mid table team in five years to one that is contesting champions league, chelsea are there already and ancelotti has failed, he couldnt even win a domestic cup because with the players at his disposal he is a sh*t manager.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat May 28 2011, 06:56

Yes Lew, but we were already there in 60-61 but this was the only time we came top in the first division under Bill, are you saying that had you been a supporter back then you would have been calling for Bill to be sacked?. In all honesty, when you think of the squad Bill had then and in the following seasons with the likes of Greaves and Gilzean joining the club, I still do not know how we did not win the title again under Bill, but imo there will never be another manager like him at Spurs, well we have not had one like him in the last 50 years anyway. By the way Lew was you a supporter back then,7 years old?.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat May 28 2011, 07:17

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

scratch

You miss the point arnie, we aint chelsea, dont look on the situation at chelsea as we do at spurs, we need continuity to progress, ancelotti should have at least won something, they are already there mate, we aint yet.

We are bulilding from a mid table team in five years to one that is contesting champions league, chelsea are there already and ancelotti has failed, he couldnt even win a domestic cup because with the players at his disposal he is a sh*t manager.

The man has won league titles in Italy and now here, he's won European Cups and been to finals and now he's a sh*t manager ?

C'mon Lew you're better than this Suspect

I were gobsmacked that you wrote , ' Any half decent manager at chelsea could have done better than ancelotti, why do you think abramavitch sacked the bloke within days of the season finishing ?

Now you write' they shouldve won something as now they're there' ...

Well Alex Ferguson has not always won a cup every season and if you were to look at the seasons where he failed to win the title, you will also notice they won zilch ... I think just the one season they didnt win the premeirship title they won the Carling cup and that were against us 2009-10 ...

Also in his first season as Chavs manager , Ancelotti by winning the premeirship stopped Fergie winning an unprecendented 4th in a row !

Chavs started this season all guns blazing, I think winning 8 out of their first 9 games ...They were on top of the table and it were only when the serial sacker Abramovich fell out with the english speaking Wilkins did it all start to go wrong .....They at least recovered to give themselves an outside chance ....

IMO the reason he's out of a job is because for the Billionaire Roman, its like playing football manager on a computor...

As for us , any half decent manager could get us 4th , 5th or 6th Smile

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 08:10

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

scratch

The man has won league titles in Italy and now here, he's won European Cups and been to finals and now he's a sh*t manager ?

C'mon Lew you're better than this Suspect

I were gobsmacked that you wrote , ' Any half decent manager at chelsea could have done better than ancelotti, why do you think abramavitch sacked the bloke within days of the season finishing ?

Now you write' they shouldve won something as now they're there' ...

Well Alex Ferguson has not always won a cup every season and if you were to look at the seasons where he failed to win the title, you will also notice they won zilch ... I think just the one season they didnt win the premeirship title they won the Carling cup and that were against us 2009-10 ...

Also in his first season as Chavs manager , Ancelotti by winning the premeirship stopped Fergie winning an unprecendented 4th in a row !

Chavs started this season all guns blazing, I think winning 8 out of their first 9 games ...They were on top of the table and it were only when the serial sacker Abramovich fell out with the english speaking Wilkins did it all start to go wrong .....They at least recovered to give themselves an outside chance ....

IMO the reason he's out of a job is because for the Billionaire Roman, its like playing football manager on a computor...

As for us , any half decent manager could get us 4th , 5th or 6th Smile

So you want ancelotti at spurs arnie, given the evidence that he couldnt win sh*t all at chelsea this season with all their resources that he is so good that with our resources he will become a winner. Yawn lol!

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 11:11

your missiing the point lew. if ray and carlo where left to it they would of won the league this season. to be so far away in feb and then ending up 2nd.roman sacked wilkins and brought in torres which chelsea didnt need and then they had to play.torres dont suit chelsea style.i would love carlo at spurs.go look at spurs stats this season. our prem form is not good readin. 3 wins out the last 15 games.out the domisetic cups early. cant beat blackpool west ham....would carlo have gotten us more league points.

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 03:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:your missiing the point lew. if ray and carlo where left to it they would of won the league this season. to be so far away in feb and then ending up 2nd.roman sacked wilkins and brought in torres which chelsea didnt need and then they had to play.torres dont suit chelsea style.i would love carlo at spurs.go look at spurs stats this season. our prem form is not good readin. 3 wins out the last 15 games.out the domisetic cups early. cant beat blackpool west ham....would carlo have gotten us more league points.

Lought, the grass is always greener for you looking from inside to out.

Was it gallas that said they didnt get motivated for the prem games,? anyway a spurs player said we thought we just had to turn up to get the points, it doesnt work like that in the prem, they have to battle, and they didnt.

Thats some claim that with wilkins chelsea would have won the prem title lought, lol! in a coaching capacity wilkins has been a loser at every club he has been at apart from chelsea, where he was never anything but a dogs body, it would be ruination for spurs if we ever employed him, google butch wilkins lought, look at his record.

I cant understand lought why you cant see that for the main its been a good season with highs and lows.

The problem with some fans are that they are addicted to the expectation a new manager might bring, the new hope,a new maker of dreams..........when all the time all the club needs is stability and continuity, with a man in charge who is capable at his job, and harry is capable and will build this summer if allowed.

He doesnt need to answer to anyone, his record at spurs says it all, he has given us a taste of what we can achieve, and left alone he will accomplish more.

Lought you need to believe that it will be the worse thing in the world if he leaves, lets hope that chelsea get hiddink and that we are left alone, levy might accept £10 million from them for harry but it will destroy every bit of progress we have made over the last couple of seasons.

Lets draw a line under the bad results this season, we still came fifth ,and that was playing badly in some of those games you have mentioned.

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 05:07

lewspurs wrote:

Ye Gods Lew you compare the tourretic Irishman O'Neil to a manager whose achevied it all ? What has O'Neil acheives apart from looking like an ADHD teenager who has forgotten his Ritalin on the touchline ? Ancelloti was sacked because Chelski blew the C/L, yet again, As has every manager who has failed to deliver Abramovich's most coveted bauble ! Also it was straight after the final game not with-in days. And if your talking the English langauge then lets take a moment to recollect O'Neils hyper-speed Ulster squawk

Last edited by VisionarySound on Sun May 29 2011, 05:14; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 05:13

lewspurs wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:your missiing the point lew. if ray and carlo where left to it they would of won the league this season. to be so far away in feb and then ending up 2nd.roman sacked wilkins and brought in torres which chelsea didnt need and then they had to play.torres dont suit chelsea style.i would love carlo at spurs.go look at spurs stats this season. our prem form is not good readin. 3 wins out the last 15 games.out the domisetic cups early. cant beat blackpool west ham....would carlo have gotten us more league points.

Was it gallas that said they didnt get motivated for the prem games,? anyway a spurs player said we thought we just had to turn up to get the points, it doesnt work like that in the prem, they have to battle, and they didnt.
    Thats some claim that with wilkins chelsea would have won the prem title lought, lol! in a coaching capacity wilkins has been a loser at every club he has been at apart from chelsea, where he was never anything but a dogs body, it would be ruination for spurs if we ever employed him, google butch wilkins lought, look at his record.

I cant understand lought why you cant see that for the main its been a good season with highs and lows.

The problem with some fans are that they are addicted to the expectation a new manager might bring, the new hope,a new maker of dreams..........when all the time all the club needs is stability and continuity, with a man in charge who is capable at his job, and harry is capable and will build this summer if allowed.

He doesnt need to answer to anyone, his record at spurs says it all, he has given us a taste of what we can achieve, and left alone he will accomplish more.

Lought you need to believe that it will be the worse thing in the world if he leaves, lets hope that chelsea get hiddink and that we are left alone, levy might accept £10 million from them for harry but it will destroy every bit of progress we have made over the last couple of seasons.

Lets draw a line under the bad results this season, we still came fifth ,and that was playing badly in some of those games you have mentioned.

Motivation is the managers job Lew and if a Spurs player is, as you state, saying players were not motivated for P/L games then that is a shocking indictment on 'arry & the progress you say he has made . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 05:41

excatley. its harry job to motivate them. but like vdv says things are so laid back at spurs and they dont even practcie free kicks oor corners

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 06:06

VisionarySound wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Motivation is the managers job Lew and if a Spurs player is, as you state, saying players were not motivated for P/L games then that is a shocking indictment on 'arry & the progress you say he has made . . . . .

I didnt state it vis, i believe gallas did.

Motivation is down to the players, you often hear certain managers saying before an important game that he doesnt have to motivate the players, they are already up for it.

Harry has become his own worse enemy in that he has achieved so much in so little time that you blokes think it should happen every year, when harry says we havent got the spending power city have you blokes just turn a blind eye to facts, when he says how is he meant to finish above the perennial prem leaders man utd ,chelsea and arsenal you blokes think we should then.

So come on what were we suppose to do this season, go from 4th to 3rd,? what did you expect 4th again at least, bearing in mind city spent so much to overtake us, and in doing so got ahead of arsenal.

Its crazy thinking vis, some of you are not happy that we proved how good the side is by getting down to the last eight in europe, how about giving harry a bit of credit for that achievement and the funds that will have come in from doing that very feat.

He glitched in the league because the players focused on the kudos of europe, surely that can be forgiven and drawn a line under.

My final thoughts are that the europa league will be better for us than the cl, it hasnt got the glam of the cl, and it sounds like many youngsters will be given a chance to see if they can come through like bale did.

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 06:13

VisionarySound wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Ye Gods Lew you compare the tourretic Irishman O'Neil to a manager whose achevied it all ? What has O'Neil acheives apart from looking like an ADHD teenager who has forgotten his Ritalin on the touchline ? Ancelloti was sacked because Chelski blew the C/L, yet again, As has every manager who has failed to deliver Abramovich's most coveted bauble ! Also it was straight after the final game not with-in days. And if your talking the English langauge then lets take a moment to recollect O'Neils hyper-speed Ulster squawk

Whether it was days or hours after the final game isnt important vis, (strange fact to mention actually) the point is he was sacked because he couldnt deliver with all the resources he had at chelsea and here you guys are giving it the big one wanting him and wilkins at spurs, two failures within a billionaire club.... lol!

In case you have forgotten levy has said he is sticking with managers within the prem framework and o,neil comes within that category.

Not sure he has tourets vis, he certainly has principals, they sold players at villa and he got out, he was building and they went against their word.

I dont want ancelotti and in fact i dont want o,neil i want harry to stay,thats where i am at the moment...dragons den style.. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 02:41