The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Here's a Thought - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Here's a Thought - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Here's a Thought

Here's a Thought - Page 2 Empty Re: Here's a Thought

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 07:53

Lew you state at the end of the above post that you don't want O'Neil yet earlier in the thread you posted - we should stick with someone who knows the english game, martin o'neill would do me.Now I understand that you are saying stick wiv 'arry cos 'arry knows best but the majority of posters are saying thats fine but does 'arry want to stick with us ? You say O'neil would meet the Levy P/L framework but so would Ancelloti. In the post before you state that motivation is down to players - Motivation is down to the players, you often hear certain managers saying before an important game that he doesnt have to motivate the players, they are already up for it.What manager says that apart from a lazy manager. It is the managers job to motivate his team & make them believe in his tactics. Why have a manger otherwise ? You could just pick teams by committee based on stats. Maybe Gallas did say that but it still reflects bad on 'arry. The trouble with 'ary just lately is that he has started to believe the hype and seems to have the opinion that he is too damn important. I'm sure he will be humbled when he keeps his appointment with HMRC. Shame because he has done well for us and got it in the playing style that Spurs fans demand. But surely it isn't too much for Spurs fans to ask him to get his head out the clouds and give us the commitment he is always demanding from us, the fans (we is dumb cos we listens to the radio etc interview) . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun May 29 2011, 08:28

Lew if Harry went to Chelsea.....and I don't believe for one minute that he will.... and he finished 5th and only the quarter finals of the CL he wouldn't have seen the season out.

On experience and achievements alone Ancellotti is head and shoulders above Harry but I still would rather Harry stayed for at least until the end of next season just to see if he can actually win us something and finish top 4.
    But you can't seriously believe that Ancellotti is a loser Lew just because after winning the double he didn't win anything this year. That's absurd.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 17:06

VisionarySound wrote:Lew you state at the end of the above post that you don't want O'Neil yet earlier in the thread you posted - we should stick with someone who knows the english game, martin o'neill would do me.Now I understand that you are saying stick wiv 'arry cos 'arry knows best but the majority of posters are saying thats fine but does 'arry want to stick with us ? You say O'neil would meet the Levy P/L framework but so would Ancelloti. In the post before you state that motivation is down to players - Motivation is down to the players, you often hear certain managers saying before an important game that he doesnt have to motivate the players, they are already up for it.What manager says that apart from a lazy manager. It is the managers job to motivate his team & make them believe in his tactics. Why have a manger otherwise ? You could just pick teams by committee based on stats. Maybe Gallas did say that but it still reflects bad on 'arry. The trouble with 'ary just lately is that he has started to believe the hype and seems to have the opinion that he is too damn important. I'm sure he will be humbled when he keeps his appointment with HMRC. Shame because he has done well for us and got it in the playing style that Spurs fans demand. But surely it isn't too much for Spurs fans to ask him to get his head out the clouds and give us the commitment he is always demanding from us, the fans (we is dumb cos we listens to the radio etc interview) . . . . .

Vis, i am not saying stick with harry because harry knows best, i am saying stick with stability and continuity, and stop changing managers.

I concede that harry should say he is committed to the job at spurs, but over weeks on here its been said over and over again " has harry taken us as far as he can " ? doesnt that smack of " lets get another manager in"? ruin another 3 years of stability, lets all dream what he can do for spurs and then when he doesnt deliver...start the process all over again.

Its laughable vis, i will concede that harry in a high profile job shouldnt call phone in fans idiots, and given the chelsea rumours he should come out and say he is doing a job at spurs and wants to finish it.

But perhaps there again chelsea havent contacted him, therefore what does he have to make a statement for.

As for motivation, i made the point that i have heard managers say in tv interviews..say before a relegation match that they are already motivated for such and such a game........

Its one thing trying to motivate players vis ! its another trying to get them to do it.

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 17:19

totalytot wrote:

Lew if Harry went to Chelsea.....and I don't believe for one minute that he will.... and he finished 5th and only the quarter finals of the CL he wouldn't have seen the season out.

On experience and achievements alone Ancellotti is head and shoulders above Harry but I still would rather Harry stayed for at least until the end of next season just to see if he can actually win us something and finish top 4.
    But you can't seriously believe that Ancellotti is a loser Lew just because after winning the double he didn't win anything this year. That's absurd.

Mikey M

As i said mikey and stick by it, any half decent manager with the resources at chelsea should do well, if he cant do it at chelsea then in my book i wouldnt want him with the lesser resources (financial) he would have at spurs.
    You are absolutely right mikey, if harry did for chelsea this season what he did for us then he would have walked early.
    The thing is we arent chelsea, we have been in this wilderness void for years since the prem was created, we lost ground on the goons over the years when we were matching them in the old first division,we took 4 points off them this season, thats how much ground we have made up under harry in so short a period.

The other point is we havent got a billionaire owner who pumps £50 mill into buying one player, we skirt around for bargains and youngsters, because thats what we have to do.

Thats the difference between us and chelsea..........so to mention if harry did for chelsea what he did for us this season is a strange comparison mike.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun May 29 2011, 18:54

Lew I think if you look at what we have spent in say the last 5 years compared to Man Utd, Arsenal and L'Pool we have hardly been standing still so in the money stakes we have been up there with the best of them.
    Also isn't Joe Lewis, our very silent owner, one of the richest guys in the world.

My point about Ancelloti is how can you call him a failure with his record over the years in Europe and in Italy plus his double last year in the prem. If he is a failure then so is Mourinio who hasn't won anything this year.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 20:51

totalytot wrote:
    Lew I think if you look at what we have spent in say the last 5 years compared to Man Utd, Arsenal and L'Pool we have hardly been standing still so in the money stakes we have been up there with the best of them.
    Also isn't Joe Lewis, our very silent owner, one of the richest guys in the world.

My point about Ancelloti is how can you call him a failure with his record over the years in Europe and in Italy plus his double last year in the prem. If he is a failure then so is Mourinio who hasn't won anything this year.

Mikey M

Well thats the difference mike between us, chelsea and man city, they have owners who pump millions into getting what they want and that is premiership and euro success, our owner who you say is silent, certainly maintains a low profile, he obviously doesnt have the same aspirations as abramavitch or shake yer money at man city, the clue here is that lewis see,s the club producing a massive profit when someone comes in with an offer that cannot be refused, we suspected this about enic in the first place all those years back.

Ok mike, maybe saying ancelloti is a failure was over the top, it doesnt change the fact for me that i wouldnt want him at tottenham for the same reasons i have mentioned before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 19:48