The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Reality in the transfer market. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Reality in the transfer market. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Reality in the transfer market. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Reality in the transfer market. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Reality in the transfer market.

Reality in the transfer market. Empty Reality in the transfer market.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 03:04

I have said this before but i have to repeat it that its going to be hard for harry to sign any player with any kudos, why ? because 4 clubs above us are flexing their financial muscles and a couple of those clubs we cant compete with for wages and what they are prepared to pay for certain players.

The way i see things is that we have to take a few chances , we did on modric, and berbatov when the man utds and chelsea,s didnt want to risk it.

Its going to be hard and i know a load on here including myself are going to be disappointed but we have to be realistic.

Reality in the transfer market. Empty Re: Reality in the transfer market.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 06:06

harry had loads of time and chances to buy players but hes to busy playing golf with hes friends and doing interviews everyday.

remember suarz. our scout said he didnt like the look of him.

theres loads of good players around. i doubt harry will take a chance on a young striker.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 08:36

That we do Lew but to keep being linked with players such as Joe Cole, Dembela, Gyan and other players of this calibre is a bit depressing. Players who are no better than what we already have, in some case's inferior to what we have. I see that Liverpool are chasing Connor Wickham because they believe he is a good prospect. Not so long back it was us chasing him. Are we no longer intrested ? Has our Cyclops of a cheif scout given a report similar to the one he gave on Suarez ? We are linked with Drogba. A good short term signing, but we need young players with poetential to learn alongside them and then move on. To get the Spurs blood running thro' their veins from a young age and build for the future. We have young prospects like Walker & Naughton but I see them linked with loan moves and transfers out. In mid-July when 'arry should be working his nuts off & earning his, not inconsiderable, wage he will be in a courtroom discussing matters of avarice with HMRC. Now 'arry calls some fans stupid for phoning the radio. Surely fans can call him stupid for getting involved in alleged, dubious dealings ? When 'arry should be concentrating on OUR club he will be dealing with issues from a previous club of his. I hope we will see the signings we want as fans but I have a feeling we will be left disapointed . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 10 2011, 09:22

I hope we will see the signings we want as fans but I have a feeling we will be left disapointed . . . . .

I have that same feeling Vis. Look at how fast liverpool are moving. They are leaving us behind at the moment. Mind you we beat them to Friedel hey?
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Fri Jun 10 2011, 15:04

These clubs that can give bigger wages and transfer fees that we cant even touch..are they forgetting that they have to start balancing the books this year? As from June the 1st the FFP rules came into affect and clubs have 2 seasons to get their books in order? Or they can risk no playing in europe.

I think alot of clubs and people need to start being realistic and see that the days of Man City and Chelsea flexing their cash is going to come to an end.....as their books stand now they would fail the new rules. So things are going to balance out pretty soon...surely?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 10 2011, 18:06

You would think so Boycey but I read an article a little while ago that said it isn't going to make much difference as they will find ways arounnd it and do you really think Fifa are going to ban the likes of Man U, Real Madrid and Barca lol?. No of course not. Seems to me from what I read Fifa are paying lip service to the new rules. People have been asking for ages how can Manure keep buying players when they have so much debt? But they do. If Fifa apply the new rules to the letter of the law then yes you are right but if as many suspect they won't and leave loop holes for the likes of ManU to exploit then nothing will change.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Jun 10 2011, 18:21

nice post vis , and repped for you efforts :P

Not to sound to smug, but i saw all this coming , especially after the jan window fiasco , and i to can't see us buying anyone this window, maybe a striker, but we will end up with parker or cole i bet, and the fans will be left scratching there heads wondering what the hell is happening to our club with the faint echo of redknapp in the background saying " you've never had so good you idiot's"

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 02:40

Thanx for the rep Lobs. I just worry we are going to be left scrabbling over players that no-one else wants, & we don't need but hey someone will have to be signed regardless. And we also have the likes of Bentley and the type who we could be stuck with. I do wonder if at Spurs 'arry has less control over transfers therefore less contact with agents and, let's call it, less reason to be so intrested. It's going to be the usual Spurs roller-coaster me thinks . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 12:52