The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Summer Transfer Market EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Summer Transfer Market EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Summer Transfer Market EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Summer Transfer Market EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Summer Transfer Market EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Summer Transfer Market EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Summer Transfer Market EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Summer Transfer Market EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Summer Transfer Market EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Summer Transfer Market Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Summer Transfer Market

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Summer Transfer Market Empty Summer Transfer Market

Post by cstmrsking Tue Feb 01 2011, 23:12

Given that we were unable to secure any of our Transfer Targets this window, because they have either been sold elswhere or decided to extend their curent contracts. I'm just wondering what if anything will be left or us in the next transfer market.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Summer Transfer Market Empty Re: Summer Transfer Market

Post by cynicsid Tue Feb 01 2011, 23:32

Oh dear, I'm not over this one yet.

Anyone know how good or bad http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/first_team/bonganikhumalo.html is?

Did we really have a poor window or was we looking for a big name, big price, big ego, big wage bill to come and do the work of the rest of the team as well as his own?

Lets just imagine for a second we got Torres. By now Chelsea would be saying they will get him in the summer and we would have another berbatov on our hands (and that nearly sank us)

We cant make them come if they dont want too, it's a massive leap we are trying to do and we dont have a spare half billion to make the difference.

But to answer you question, I truly beleive all players are available at all times. some teams like chelsea and city buy at any cost, others like Spurs need to make the penny's count because we are playing the game within our income budget.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 02 2011, 00:22

cynicsid wrote:Oh dear, I'm not over this one yet.

Anyone know how good or bad http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/players/first_team/bonganikhumalo.html is?

Did we really have a poor window or was we looking for a big name, big price, big ego, big wage bill to come and do the work of the rest of the team as well as his own?

if we thought like that we wouldnt buy anyone
    hold on a minute ??? we didnt buy anyone DOHH

Lets just imagine for a second we got Torres. By now Chelsea would be saying they will get him in the summer and we would have another berbatov on our hands (and that nearly sank us)

just imagine what will happen if we dont get top four , we will become manu feeding club again

We cant make them come if they dont want too, it's a massive leap we are trying to do and we dont have a spare half billion to make the difference.

We get 50 mill for staying in the prem, 30 odd for CL quilifcation, 1 striker 1 pocksy striker

But to answer you question, I truly beleive all players are available at all times. some teams like chelsea and city buy at any cost, others like Spurs need to make the penny's count because we are playing the game within our income budget

Playing it safe more like

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 02:54

lobo lol i though you was ionman there. harry had all jan to find the player he really wants and get him. is 48mill really a lot of money.

some players are worth the money. remember klinsmann. back then 2 mill was a lot of money but it was worth it.

we could of got 6mill for crouch 6mill for keane 3 mill for krankar 7mill for jenas . we could of sold bentley for about 5mill thats about 28mill. and would free up some spaces but no levy holds out for more money for them players. and now most are loan out so will give us another problem in may
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:27

LOBO wrote:
    cynicsid wrote:Oh dear, I'm not over this one yet.

if we thought like that we wouldnt buy anyone
    hold on a minute ??? we didnt buy anyone DOHH

just imagine what will happen if we dont get top four , we will become manu feeding club again

We get 50 mill for staying in the prem, 30 odd for CL quilifcation, 1 striker 1 pocksy striker

But to answer you question, I truly beleive all players are available at all times. some teams like chelsea and city buy at any cost, others like Spurs need to make the penny's count because we are playing the game within our income budget

Playing it safe more like

Did you type that with your hands on your hips? lol

We have 3 strikers, they are all good strikers, what we dont have is a team balance that lets us feed the strikers and thats down to 1. not having a settled defence and 2. needing to let VDV do his own thing.

Torres would be just as starved of chances as Defoe has been.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:lobo lol i though you was ionman there. harry had all jan to find the player he really wants and get him. is 48mill really a lot of money.

some players are worth the money. remember klinsmann. back then 2 mill was a lot of money but it was worth it.

we could of got 6mill for crouch 6mill for keane 3 mill for krankar 7mill for jenas . we could of sold bentley for about 5mill thats about 28mill. and would free up some spaces but no levy holds out for more money for them players. and now most are loan out so will give us another problem in may

So where were all these clubs wth the money to give us the above, i'll tell you where, nowhere. ALL clubs look for loan deals, not many have the outright cash to buy players. Then what if the players dont want to move (Kranjar,Keane) you cant make them agree personal terms.

And yes, 48 million pound in the current climate is a huge amount of money.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:32

thats wrong because defoe has had chances but always lashes the shot. hit and hope is a better word. he only scored 2 goals from march last year untill may.

i agree vdv is a problem and harry needs to sort this out

we have 6 players injuired and we send 5 players out on loan.

i stil cant belive we havnt brought anyone in this window

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:34

we could of sold them players but we was holding out for more. pav has had bids of 9/10mill
    robbie keane did have decent bids but we didnt want to sell for a low price. last season
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:thats wrong because defoe has had chances but always lashes the shot. hit and hope is a better word. he only scored 2 goals from march last year untill may.

i agree vdv is a problem and harry needs to sort this out

we have 6 players injuired and we send 5 players out on loan.

Bought who though? aint we done this buying someone for the sake of it before?

comon Lought, who should we have bought?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 03:44

i would of sold crouch to newcastle and i would of brough suarz and carrol.

carrol already got 11 prem goals even though he aint played in a month.

50mill is nuffin and if we had got them we would of stopped liverpool from getting them. but we should of got them early in jan when liverpool wernt after suarz.

6mill for crouch plus another 6mill for keane when west ham stay up thats 12mill. 38mill for them 2 would be even less when we sel other players. we got 50mill for staying in the prem and30 mill for finishing top 4
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:06

But Keane didnt want to go to Birmingham and he wanted to stay in London
    Crouch would never have agreed to join Newcastle.

This is not football manager Lought, 85 million for Torres and Carroll? and who said they
    would have agreed personal terms. What do think has been paying for the planning permission
    and wages etc? we do have running costs Lought.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 04:19

we bid 38mill for algiro i dont know how to spell hes name. so why not 35 for carrol. you have to spend big to get quality.

we have money but its harry and levy mucking about trying to get bargins.

watch liverpool catch us now. what if we finish 7th. will you be happy

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 05:21

Loughtonlegend wrote:lobo lol i though you was ionman there. harry had all jan to find the player he really wants and get him. is 48mill really a lot of money.

Lought when we purchased Jurgen the German for £2M we had already sold Vinny7 Samways to Everton for £2.2M ! ! ! £2M was the going rate in '94 for most players. Bit like £30+M this transfer window I suppose. That's inflation for ya. You say we could have sold all these players for monopoly money numbers. So why did no-one make offers for them ? Not good enough or just not for sale ? Maybe the reason is that they are part of a settled and competative squad and therefore not intrested in leaving Spurs ? Yes 'arry had all of January and he also had Levy to convince and any possible selling club. Also any competing clubs from hi-jacking any targets he may of had had he annouced them on the 1st January. This is the real world Lought not The Sun fantasy football League. Players have to be available to be purchased & sold . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 05:26

Loughtonlegend wrote:

We have though Lought. St Stephen of Pinaar & UmBongoUmBongoTheyDrinkItInTheCongo (or however you spell his name). Thats one more player than our close rivals & neighbours bought in . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 02 2011, 05:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:we bid 38mill for algiro i dont know how to spell hes name. so why not 35 for carrol. you have to spend big to get quality.

we have money but its harry and levy mucking about trying to get bargins.

watch liverpool catch us now. what if we finish 7th. will you be happy

The only people who are saying we bid for Aguero are Sky, because most of what they put
    is just to hype up there long drivel transfer deadline day.

The club have already confirmed that we did not bid for these strikers and you cant compare
    Aguero to a Geordie bully, 35 million, your having a giraffe.

We have a game in hand over Pool and they have an overpriced,untried Uruguyan and an overpriced
    Geordie crock that they are hoping with lift them up the table, when they should have been buying
    defenders, they have let in 31 goals, against our 26.

I am confident they wont catch us, as they certainly wont beat Chelski on Sunday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 06:44