The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The ruination of the premiership ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The ruination of the premiership ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

The ruination of the premiership !

The ruination of the premiership ! Empty The ruination of the premiership !

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 02:23

Do many on here remember the days before abramavitch took over chelsea, prior to him buying the club i remember reading an article regarding premiership players wages and how it was now settling down, (i think that was about 2002/03) wages had spiralled prior to that with clubs paying over the top wages to players they desired on their books, then it hit a little sensible patch causing the article i read to be written.

Then along came abramavitch signing anyone who had two legs from here there and everywhere, enticing them with new levels of wages per week.

That was just the start of a new era of greed and ruination of the premiership in my opinion, with man city now taking it to more extreme levels.

Well what has this to do with spurs ? i hear you bellow ! yeah well it has a lot to do with spurs as a club that is sensibly run without busting a financial gut to exist , and feed its supporters with some semblance of promise to win things............please read on folks........ Rolling Eyes

When i hear that for example a player like adebayor would like to come to spurs, and then the downer sentence, but his wages might be a stumbling block, you then realise how much damage abramavitch and city,s owners have done to the game over here in their selfish quest of football glory, basically it means certain (even average) players are priced right out of reach of clubs like tottenham.

Adebayor is just an example, i am not writing this because i want him at spurs and subsequently am disappointed at this stumbling block, how many times do you read that little afterthought ? ( but his wages etc etc etc) about lots of players spurs are interested in.

It does make you think that the game you love to see played by professionals is just another rip off industry, full of mercenaries who voice what the fans want to hear when they sign for the club, (supported them since a kid) is the usual rhetoric, oh and also the £80.000 per week helps me to kiss the badge everytime i score, should be added to the supported from a kid syndrome.

You know you might say i live in the past, i watch old spurs games with chivers, peters,greaves, mullery et al and wonder what they think of it all now.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

The ruination of the premiership ! Empty Re: The ruination of the premiership !

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 12 2011, 02:53

I think youd have to look at Wages in other countries as well Lew. Are we paying that much more than abroad. If so then we are mugs. I really can't see Fabregas going to Barca for less money than he rearned here.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12 2011, 04:30

What i meant baz that wages were stabilising at that time, and then abramavitch came along, and more recently man city started paying mega money to players like tevez.

You are probably right that we are in line with europe in respect of the biggest earners in the game.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Jun 12 2011, 20:42

Reports this morning are that Ronaldo wants a reported £400 grand a week along with the No.7 shirt and the captains arm band to sign for City PMSL..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jun 12 2011, 21:25

FFS it's getting silly now and if City had any sense even with all their money they would say no.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Jun 13 2011, 00:03

I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription in April with it taking effect at the beginning of June ... The past month they've been ringing me up with new offers, with their latest being that they will give me a 50% discount on my Sky package if I sign up for a year!

Also in this country, our football clubs are sold to the highest bidder but it just hasnt happened in Germany , Spain or Italy though that may well be changing soon enough ...

Its horrible the way the game has gone .....

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Jun 13 2011, 00:12

Oh dear, and I thought the Modric stories stretched the bounds of credibility!

In a weird way, I'd love for this story to be true. Just think of the turmoil that they'd have in the dressing room, they'd have to knock Eastlands down and build it bigger, with an extra large dressing room to fit all the ego's in!

They'd need 100,000+ every week just to cover his signing on fee and wages alone!

Then they'd lose all the CL revenue due to the Fair Play regulations banning them, the players would all leave for millions less than they cost 'cos no one else can afford them, Sheik Mansour pulls out to Qatar because his toy is now broke and Citeh end up in the Ryman League and English Football folklore.

As well as being part of every stand up comedian's Football repertoire for the next 50 years!

Ah, if only ............................

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13 2011, 05:51

ArnieArdiles wrote:I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription in April with it taking effect at the beginning of June ... The past month they've been ringing me up with new offers, with their latest being that they will give me a 50% discount on my Sky package if I sign up for a year!

Also in this country, our football clubs are sold to the highest bidder but it just hasnt happened in Germany , Spain or Italy though that may well be changing soon enough ...

Its horrible the way the game has gone .....

Yeah arnie i have cancelled my subscription too, i dont mind going down to radio 5 and hearing all that jargon for free in the afternoons.

They wont stop phoning me with all sorts of offers including a night out with the sky directors wife. lol! with a promise that she will wear crutchless knickers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 14:47