The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
dos santos  wins gold for mexico EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

dos santos  wins gold for mexico Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
shearspur
cstmrsking
HotspurRoper
LOBO
8 posters

dos santos wins gold for mexico

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

dos santos  wins gold for mexico Empty dos santos wins gold for mexico

Post by LOBO Mon Jun 27 2011, 00:49

question is why the feck is another decent player out on loan

great goal http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13919985.stm

dos santos  wins gold for mexico Empty Re: dos santos wins gold for mexico

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27 2011, 09:00

harrys a twat. you dont score goals like that if your rubbish.
    also he was named best young player of the world cup and still he cant get in our squad. he should be playin ahead of defoe and crouch
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jun 27 2011, 17:00

I agree the lad should be given a chance, he looked a real class act at Barca before we got him and again at last summers World Cup!
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jun 27 2011, 17:02

Not a bad finish at all that
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jun 27 2011, 17:52

yea but arry is a " f**king football manager not a wheeler dealer" seriously though guys, you can't tell arry, he has the all seeing eye, he can't and wont be told a player is good..

It true to a certain extent that when arry's ruin is finished we can then start calling our self westham
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Jun 27 2011, 19:18

get the lad back in.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27 2011, 19:20

Rumour is he's to be offloaded to Seville for about £6M . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Jun 27 2011, 19:38

It's beyond belief that he was out on loan in the first place when we only had 3 strikers .. it's lack a bit of foresight .

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 00:35

crouch or gio up front lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue Jun 28 2011, 04:15

lucky cross went in.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 04:51

lol if you think that was a cross, if hoddle did sumthing like that we be going mad about it. he new what he was doing
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jun 28 2011, 04:52

This makes me sick to be honest. You are so right Lee, he did have a good World Cup and we should be hanging on to him and giving him more play time. How many games as he started for us, is it nine?. I did read Vis that he could be on his way to Seville as Harry has to raise fund's in order to buy the player's he want's, Lennon could be another one to leave. In all honesty we do not need to buy player's as we have the player's I feel can make us a great side, it's just Harry does not want to give them a chance to prove how good they are. I do not want to open the Harry debate again, but I just do not like him, this club seems to me to be about Harry and I have never felt that way about any of our managers from the past no matter how bad or how good they were.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 05:59

yep so true. now we have the court case in july. yet other clubs are spending. to think last xmas we was so far in front of liverpool and now look at the team they are buidling yet since we got 4th spot the season before we hardly brought anyone.

harry has hes favorites..........
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 28 2011, 13:29

Well done guys.

Your talents are truly amazing. You never see them in training, you never see them stumbling out of nightclubs (on a regular basis), you never see them consistently turning up late for training ............................

But you can see them chip the goalkeeper once and decide that you know the player better than his own manager who DOES see him in training every day, DOES know about his nightclub addiction and REGULARLY sees him rock up late to training.

Your amazing talents tell you that none of these things contribute to Gio missing out, it's because Harry doesn't like him.

God I wish I was as clever as you.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Jun 28 2011, 17:08

Your right we dont see him week in, week out on the training pitch or falling out of night clubs or rocking up late for training OR ON THE BLOODY PLAYING FIELD EITHER. All were saying is the lad may deserve a little run of games and no not because he scored a delicate little chip over a yanks head, but, believe it or few of us were saying this last summer during the World Cup and afterwards given his form in pre-season. Now would it have been a bad thing to give him a bit of game time after Xmas, seeing as tho the other 3 up top weren't exactly firing. Just look at how the young kid at United is coming on and in my eyes Dos Santos has the same if not more ability than him, he just needs to be playing!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 28 2011, 18:37

HotspurRoper wrote:Your right we dont see him week in, week out on the training pitch or falling out of night clubs or rocking up late for training OR ON THE BLOODY PLAYING FIELD EITHER. All were saying is the lad may deserve a little run of games and no not because he scored a delicate little chip over a yanks head, but, believe it or few of us were saying this last summer during the World Cup and afterwards given his form in pre-season. Now would it have been a bad thing to give him a bit of game time after Xmas, seeing as tho the other 3 up top weren't exactly firing. Just look at how the young kid at United is coming on and in my eyes Dos Santos has the same if not more ability than him, he just needs to be playing!

You're right Lee and I was the one saying that he should be given a run out as a forward.

Not WE, ME! No one else made a chirp until I put the idea forward.

Be that as it may, my post had sweet FA to do with whether he deserves a run in the team or not, it was directed at all those 'In the Know' types out there who claim that he doesn't get a look in because Harry 'Doesn't like him.'

Funnily enough, those same types were bleating about Pav being given the push because 'Harry doesn't like him.'

Total genius that.

It makes me laugh how all you 'experts' state that the manager has got it all wrong when you HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE what happens behind the scenes. The difference between us is that I'm not stating that he's right, I leave the 'jumping to conclusions' to those of you who have an agenda and make your minds up on someones abilities based on whether you like them or not.

For the record, I'd still like GDS given a run out.

But I'm not going to be slagging the manager off when I TOO don't have a f*cking Scooby what the boy has been getting up to.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 28 2011, 19:21

you never see them stumbling out of nightclubs (on a regular basis), you never see them consistently turning up late for training ............................

ion lets forget about ledders drunken incident's captured not once but twice by the media as he stumbled out of a nightclub and the fact he don't train full stop
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 28 2011, 21:48

LOBO wrote:you never see them stumbling out of nightclubs (on a regular basis), you never see them consistently turning up late for training ............................

ion lets forget about ledders drunken incident's captured not once but twice by the media as he stumbled out of a nightclub and the fact he don't train full stop

LOL. We don't see him on the pitch too often either though now do we.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 06:00

it took a long time for harry to relise hes wrong about pav.

plus didnt harry say kranker was a brilant trainer. yet when is he given a game lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 29 2011, 08:48

Not being funny but he can get into the Mexico team for the World cup but can't get into the Spurs team. You know what I think? I think Arry has his favourites and once he has to have words with a player, that player will be finished at WHL. Unless of course it's someone like Ledders. Was Arry in charge when Ledders was attacking the doorman at a night club? I can't remember now but then I am dog tired at the mo lol.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 09:28

welcome back baz. king has had a few drunking moments under harry and still gets picked.

harry has hes favorites
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jun 29 2011, 09:47

Boltjean wrote:This makes me sick to be honest. You are so right Lee, he did have a good World Cup and we should be hanging on to him and giving him more play time. How many games as he started for us, is it nine?. I did read Vis that he could be on his way to Seville as Harry has to raise fund's in order to buy the player's he want's, Lennon could be another one to leave. In all honesty we do not need to buy player's as we have the player's I feel can make us a great side, it's just Harry does not want to give them a chance to prove how good they are. I do not want to open the Harry debate again, but I just do not like him, this club seems to me to be about Harry and I have never felt that way about any of our managers from the past no matter how bad or how good they were.

This is the problem, arry can't do know wrong, he is so far up himself , and then had the nerve to go on talk sport and say that anyone who complains about THFC and arry in particular especially though's who phones into a radio station are Idiots, yet he was on a Radio station complaining about the fans.., he is all about himself and will never change IMO
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 29 2011, 11:25

Thanks for the Welcome back Kenny.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jun 29 2011, 13:23

LOBO wrote:
    Boltjean wrote:This makes me sick to be honest. You are so right Lee, he did have a good World Cup and we should be hanging on to him and giving him more play time. How many games as he started for us, is it nine?. I did read Vis that he could be on his way to Seville as Harry has to raise fund's in order to buy the player's he want's, Lennon could be another one to leave. In all honesty we do not need to buy player's as we have the player's I feel can make us a great side, it's just Harry does not want to give them a chance to prove how good they are. I do not want to open the Harry debate again, but I just do not like him, this club seems to me to be about Harry and I have never felt that way about any of our managers from the past no matter how bad or how good they were.

This is the problem, arry can't do know wrong, he is so far up himself , and then had the nerve to go on talk sport and say that anyone who complains about THFC and arry in particular especially though's who phones into a radio station are Idiots, yet he was on a Radio station complaining about the fans.., he is all about himself and will never change IMO

No Lobo, Harry can do, and does, plenty wrong. The REAL problem here is not that Harry doesn't like certain players, it's that certain fans don't like Harry. As a result they, or you if you like, jump to conclusions about him because it suits your own personal view of his personality.

You have no proof whatsoever, you just want it to be true and that's enough for you to find him guilty of whatever it is you can dream up at the time.

Lought reckons it took a while for Harry to allow Pav to play. Now you lot choose to believe that it is because Harry didn't like him, but now suddenly does, rather than it took Pav that period of time to get his own act together and knuckle down, as Harry stated was the case.

Well guess what, Pav knuckled down and, lo and behold, got plenty of playing time.

Have you considered that maybe Harry 'likes' a player that is prepared to put in the graft and earn the right to play in the first team? Have you considered that maybe GDS hasn't done that just yet?

You compare him to King? Spare me. King is a senior pro who has earned his Spurs and can be forgiven the odd infraction. What is it, 2 over the last 10 years? At a time when he was in bits over whether his career had gone tits up?
    In contrast, GDS is a junior pro, hasn't even earned the right to a run of games, considering past 1st team performances and continual training tardiness, let alone his Spurs and has no excuse whatsoever for clubbing like a Hollywood A lister.

It's far too easy for you lot to just label me as one who believes that 'Harry can do no wrong'. It then means that you don't have to back up your argument because you dismiss mine. Well guess what, I do think Harry drops rickets, some real Pearls in fact. I get p*ssed off with him about some of the things he does and says. Choosing not to air them in public doesn't negate my right to pull you up if I think you're wrong though. This isn't about arguing for Harry if you like him, or against him if you don't, it's about applying a little logic to your argument. If you can't then you really don't have one and should just be quiet.

There's an old saying, 'It's better to remain quiet and have people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jun 29 2011, 18:06

In the last couple of years GDS has had enough games to show what he can do and quite frankly he hasn't looked all that to me. I'm sure he would have been given more games if Harry had thought he was good enough.
    Pav wasn't being picked a lot because he was lazy on the pitch and went missing to many times during games he still does. There are not many people chasing after him are there only the Russian side he came from, so I understand.

I'm sure Harry has his favourite as most managers do but not to the extent that he wouldn't pick a player who could improve the team just because he didn't like him.

I have never been completely convinced he is a top manager but he did get us out the sh*t and did get us to the CL. So IF!!! we get the players we need lets see what he can do next season.

I believe it wasn't Harry's fault we didn't get any players in January but Levy's.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 10:50