The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
VDV - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
VDV - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
VDV - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
VDV - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
VDV - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
VDV - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
VDV - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
VDV - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
VDV - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

VDV - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
totalytot
DJSR
BazSpur
HotspurRoper
8 posters

VDV

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

VDV - Page 3 Empty Re: VDV

Post by BazSpur Tue Jul 26 2011, 20:13

Well, that seems to be that then. Can we possibly get back on topic?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 26 2011, 20:18

Sorry mate. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about that. There was just something about the snidey little b*stard that I detested with a passion.

Probably the 'snidey little b*stard' bit. lol!

Anyway, moving on.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 02:08

everybody knows hale was the the funny one lol

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 02:10

people are misssing the point. even thought vdv was out of form or unfit he still started everygamei notice p eople ignoring the fact we was better of the season before

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 02:32

Right, thanx for getting the topic back on thread Lought. VDV offered us another dimension at the start of last season and in Europe. I do agree that towards the end of the season he looked unfit &, at times, out of sorts. Maybe 'arry should have tried different players and formations but when ALL our strikers decided to have an abysmal drop in form at the same time it left very few options to try ! ! ! VDV is one of those players you want fit & firing as he can offer so much but the type of formation you have to use to accomodate him "playing in the hole" means your out & out front man has to be on top of his game to carry the front-line. Another striker may well solve this conumdrum, or an in-form current stiker. Maybe switch to a 4-3-3 ? VDV also needs to work on his over-all fitness as at times he looked incapable of lasting the full 90 minutes, but I'm sure he and the club are working on that pre-season. A fit & firing VDV is a must in most games starting line-up's & I hope that we see a fit & firing VDV this coming season . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 03:05

On the recent trip to South Africa, the tv coverage of the games stated that, VDV covered more yardage than any other Spurs player in two of the games...Obviously this could come down to the many substitutions that were made, but it also means Harry is on it about VDV's fitness so I'm expecting a good season from him ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 09:41