The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
To much for Crouch? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
To much for Crouch? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
To much for Crouch? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
To much for Crouch? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
To much for Crouch? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
To much for Crouch? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
To much for Crouch? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
To much for Crouch? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
To much for Crouch? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

To much for Crouch? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

To much for Crouch?

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

To much for Crouch? Empty To much for Crouch?

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 27 2011, 04:41

I read today that Spurs have slapped a £9 million price tag on Crouch as Harry want's to recoup the fee we paid Portsmouth for him. Newcastle feel it is to high for a 30 year old and Crouch wanted a four year deal, Stoke also inquired and QPR were put off by the price. Is £9 million to much for a striker who only managed 3 goals in the top flight last season?, imo yes. If we do not sell him on, over the next ten months up to May, should Crouch be on around £40,000 a week, the club will be paying him £1 million six hundred and twenty thousand pounds, not far off £2 million, pluss the seven should we find a buyer and we have the £9 million Harry wants.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

To much for Crouch? Empty Re: To much for Crouch?

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 04:52

It is to much , Len and I think Crouch is one of our top earners so I think 40 grand a week is a conservative estimate ...
    I posted a blog write-up today on the Doom & Gloom thread of our hypocrisy on all of this ...

Double standards may hinder Crouch sale
    by Matthew Harris on July 26, 2011

If you believe what you read in the newspapers – which is admittedly a dangerous thing to do – then it seems that Spurs seem to want the best of all worlds when it comes to the transfer market.

Recently, Harry dismissed all reports of an imminent bid for Scott Parker when he underlined that Spurs would not bid for a 30 year old with no resale value. These were his words:

“If you take into account the fee of around £8 million, signing-on fees and wages, you’re talking about a £30 million deal,” Redknapp said. “There is no way the club would sanction a deal for a 30-year-old who would have no resale value at the end of his contract.”

This week the rumour mills have been full of stories linking Peter Crouch with a move to either Stoke, Newcastle or QPR and today those stories have gathered even more momentum with suggestions that Spurs are finally happy to let him leave.

The stumbling block however seems to be a £9m fee for a 30 year old player who wants a four year contract. Not too much resale value there either.

Needless to say this could all be paper talk, but this form of double standards could only result in Peter Crouch staying at the club for next season

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 05:07

i rekon 5 mill would be good. we cant expect 9mill for him
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 27 2011, 05:40

You are right Arnie, it does seem to be double standards, and as I say, if he stays it will cost the club around £2 million for the season. A high price to pay for a player we want shot of. And there's Harry saying we need to sell before we buy. And accepting a bid of around £7 million pluss a saving of £2 million on wages would go a long way in helping us buy a player

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 07:40

How about £1M and some add-on's and wish him well & thank Crouchinio for all he has done ? Trouble is that the recently titled Mrs Crouchinio possibly has her own agenda and will have a large say into which provincial conurbation he end's up in . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 27 2011, 08:23

Wherever he wanted to go. I'd drive him there myself. And carry his cases lol.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 09:01

lol baz

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27 2011, 09:29

If I said I would carry his wifes lingere case, would that make me a bad man ? ? ? ? wurp Fnah
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jul 27 2011, 17:23

Carrying his wifes lingere..... No. Wearing his wifes lingere..... possibly Fnah
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Jul 27 2011, 20:34

Boltjean wrote:You are right Arnie, it does seem to be double standards, and as I say, if he stays it will cost the club around £2 million for the season. A high price to pay for a player we want shot of. And there's Harry saying we need to sell before we buy. And accepting a bid of around £7 million pluss a saving of £2 million on wages would go a long way in helping us buy a player

We cant shift him without taking a hit, thats all there is to it.

Any premeirship manager and club chairman out there that buys a striker, who does'nt have a half decent shot on him for 9 million and to then put him on 70 grand per week wages, I would suggest that both are idiots.... study

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28 2011, 03:48

Any premeirship manager and club chairman out there that buys a striker, who does'nt have a half decent shot on him for 9 million and to then put him on 70 grand per week wages, I would suggest that both are idiots....

So which manager & Chairman bought him to Spurs Arnie lmao . . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 28 2011, 05:07

lol!
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 28 2011, 05:25

Gave me a laugh that Vis. To be honest I would not have give a book of Green Shield Stamps for him. Ah those were the days, Green Shield Stamps, how far are we going back to when we could get them. Was it when we bought petrol?.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 28 2011, 05:52

Haha Len I can remember the little silver and brass tokens my mum used to collect. Green shield stamps came later.

Last edited by BazSpur on Thu Jul 28 2011, 06:21; edited 1 time in total
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Jul 28 2011, 06:01

You should worry I can remember ration books lol

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28 2011, 06:07

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr you've lost me guys lol. (I do remember GS stamps tho' ha ha). I wonder if 'arry & Levy could get shot of Crouchinio at a car boot sale somewhere in the Midlands ? Gotta be worth a go eh . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 28 2011, 06:20

I can remember the ration book Seebee, makes me fill old mate. As for getting shot of Crouch at a car boot sale Vis, I doubt they would get him to one in a car and may have to use a low loader.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 28 2011, 06:20

When did they stop Seebee I think I just remember them?
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 28 2011, 07:50

Here you are Baz. National Registration Day was in 1939 where every householder had to fill in a form giving details of how many people lived in their house. Rationing was introduced at the begining of 1940. Buff colour Ration book for adults, Green colour Ration book for Pregnant Women, Nursing Mothers and Children under 5 years old, they had first choice of fruit, a daily pint of milk, and a double supply of egg's, and a Blue Ration Book for Children aged between 5 and 16 years old, they had fruit, full meat ration and a dily half pint of milk. Rationing ended at midnight on the 4th July 1954, you must have been about 6 years old, ahhhh. It was brought in due to the Germans sinking our supply ships and trying to starve us into surrendering.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 28 2011, 07:52

Thanks for that Len. I do remember them. Very vague though.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29 2011, 00:12

seebee1944 wrote:

You should worry I can remember ration books lol

Anyone remember those stamps on the side of a packet of tea? len maybe.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jul 29 2011, 02:55

VisionarySound wrote:Any premeirship manager and club chairman out there that buys a striker, who does'nt have a half decent shot on him for 9 million and to then put him on 70 grand per week wages, I would suggest that both are idiots....

So which manager & Chairman bought him to Spurs Arnie lmao . . . . ..

lol Vis

I lay awake all night the day we signed Crouchy ...I just couldnt sleep ..and when eventualy I did , the sleep was so brief and I would soon wake up drenched in sweat and the missus asking , you had a nightmare darlin .....?

Harry really shafted Danny with that one No Crying or Very sad
    Y
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jul 29 2011, 05:00

In reply to Lew, stamps on a packet of tea, In the back of my mind I do remember them Lew, but I am blowed if I can remember what we got for collecting them. Might have been a Arsenal season ticket, infact I think it was, you had to collect six.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 29 2011, 05:15

Lol Len.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jul 29 2011, 05:48

PMSL...Len

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content