The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up!

Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! Empty Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11 2011, 16:05

Type the words "Tottenham Hotspur" into Google News and see what you get.

What I got today was a rumor about Benayoun coming to Tottenham in exchange for Modric, a report about us pursuing FC Porto's Givanaldo Hulk, another article claiming that we're still pursuing Fernando Llorente and Guiseppe Rossi, and finally, a report claiming we're pursuing Edin Dzeko.

Conclusion? We, Tottenham Hotspur F.C, have become a joke.

There's not a chance in the world that any of these rumors could ever materialize for us. We have absolutely no use for a rather washed-up winger like Yossi Benayoun, and we don't remotely have the funds available to sign Hulk or Llorente. Rossi has been made unavailable by Villarreal, and if Manchester City are reluctant to even sell us Emmanuel Adebayor, there's not a chance they'll sell Edin Dzeko.

All summer long, for more than two months now, we've been linked with literally every available striker on the market. Seriously, name a forward, and I will be able to find you a report of Tottenham being "linked" with the player.

When we're not being linked with strikers, we're being teased with midfielders who don't fit into our squad. Earlier in the summer, the names of Joe Cole and Scott Parker were thrown around; now we're "chasing" Lassana Diarra.

The point is, Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy have made a complete mess of Tottenham's summer transfer campaign.
    Our squad wasn't lacking much at the start of the summer; from the very start, the consensus has been that all we needed was a new, promising striker. He didn't need to be a finished product, and he didn't need to be a world beater—all he needed to be was good and new.

We showed serious a endeavor in our pursuit of Leandro Damiao, but since then, all we've gotten is talk and no bite. The Modric saga has become our headlining story, distracting from our horrible transfer campaign, and whenever Redknapp decides to talk about something other than Modric, it's usually to rule out the signing of so and so player due to his "excessive" wages or transfer fee.

Arsenal fans complain that Wenger has put Arsenal through another poor summer of transfers...in truth, I'd be more than happy if Redknapp had put us through a summer like Arsenal's. A forward like Gervinho is all we need to be competitors for the Champions League this season, but without such a forward we'd be lucky to even make the Europa League again.

Even if we are out of funds, we have loads of unneeded squad players who could quickly raise the funds needed to be active on the market. Sebastian Bassong, David Bentley, Robbie Keane, Wilson Palacios, Jermaine Jenas and Alan Hutton are all quality players who could easily bring Tottenham more than €50 million if sold.

That isn't even including Peter Crouch and Giovani dos Santos, who can still contribute to the team's success but would bring in large individual transfer sums if sold.

The bottom line is that Daniel Levy and Harry Redknapp have turned what initially looked like a smooth, easy summer into a complete debacle. Will Tottenham be able to recover in the final three weeks of the transfer window? Judging by the results coming up on Google News, it does not look likely.

By Mohamed Al-Hendy http://bleacherreport.com
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! Empty Re: Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up!

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 11 2011, 17:04

What an unending shitload of bile fueled drivel.

Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy are now responsible for the rags making up stories to fill column inches? Anyone who puts any sort of credence into this halfwits ramblings needs a check up from the neck up.

The simple fact of the matter is that there is no one out there who has a Scooby on who we are pursuing. I've been posting up links from 'ITK's' for most of this window and, so far, the only ones called right were Souleyman Coulibaly and Christian Cabellos.

The ones I put credence to are the ones where an official bid has been lodged. To date, those consist of Mrko Vucinic, Rossi and Diarra. Rossi and Diarra I haven't even seen confirmed 100% either so, to my knowledge, that's one confirmed piece of attempted business.

This is just another example of the 'meeja' doing the thinking for the gullible. They print a story about us being 'in for (insert name) and the collective euphoria is breathtaking. They claim Modders is going and the lynch mobs are out in force. They tell us that one of our targets is going elsewhere and calls for the manager's and Chairman's heads echo across the ether.

The window closes on August 31st. If we have not strengthened by then then DL is going to have a Hell of a time explaining the failure. But until then, any claims that THFC are a joke are premature, inflamatory and, frankly, idiotic.
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up! Empty Re: Dear Harry Redknapp and Daniel Levy, We're Fed Up!

Post by cynicsid Thu Aug 11 2011, 18:41

It wasn't so long ago we were all getting p*ssed off with the fact that we changed far to many players at each window, "how can we ever settle as a squad" "he wasn't given a chance" Levy is a w*nker cos he bought someone without asking us!

Well here we are, we have a good squad, if it wasn't for the poor form of the strikers, or should I say if the strikers just kept the form from the year before we would have finished top 3 and possibly better.

Lets not forget that we have a good squad of players now and it's a lot harder to improve it because we now need to bring in the very best, not just a youngster with potential. It's a very difficult year for player trading as City have turned all negotiations in to a joke with regard wage deals.

I tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to wait untill the start of the season and be happy with whatever team turns out. Should Levy manage to pull off a deal for Diarah I think it will make the sqaud (not the team) stronger and if we find a top draw striker who wants to play for a europa league team on half the wages he can get elseware I will be both amazed and in debted to Levy for pulling off a mirical deal.

And when we sell off players that were instrumental in getting us into the CL in the first place like Crouch & Bently I'm going to wonder, Did they actually loose that much form all on their own or should we be looking at the cause of the change in so many players.

I take the view that a team that stay's together will get stronger, we should only be replacing players if there is an clear improvment in player quality & I dont mean comparing a player having a good season being compared with a player who just had a poor one.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 03:25

omg crouch didnt get us 4th spot, we went through a bad sp ell then pav was brought back in jan 2010 and was top scorer and played in all the big games like chelsea and arsnal, it was man u away man c away where pav didnt start.

crouch scored 3 goals from jan to may that season.
    bentley did play hes party when lennon got injuired but he has been dropped completly from the team now

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12 2011, 09:10

Seems like one-half decent striker and EVERYONE will be satisfied. Theres not that much wrong with the squad apart from goals. And the season before last, with pretty much the same squad, we scored for fun. Even Bassong scored ! ! ! The season when every outfield player scored ? Not much has changed. Just need to get them to put their scoring boots on before the start of a game . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:46