The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
shearspur
BazSpur
6 posters

ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. Empty ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured.

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 13 2011, 02:59

Tottenham Hotspur have secured a season-long loan deal for Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor, according to ESPN.
    The former Arsenal star was forced to train away from the first-team
    at Manchester City and told by manager Roberto Mancini that he didn’t
    have a future at the club.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has been desperately scrambling to find
    another striker this summer to bolster his attacking options and has
    appeared to finally get his wish.

While on loan at Real Madrid last season, Adebayor scored against Tottenham in the quater-finals of the Champions League.

ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. Empty Re: ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:39

couldnt find anything on spurs site but i hope its true.

ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured. Empty Re: ESPN Reporting Loan deal for Adebayour.secured.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:40

hes new chant can be your dad doesnt wash elephants and your mums not a whore adybaore lol

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:40

if he scores the winner aganst the scum then ill love him lol

thats prob where defoe and crouch go wrong lol

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:48

There is so much better out there why do we want this buffoon?

FFS Levy invest in our future, not a cheap has been goon !!!!.

Still if he scores 20 plus i might change my mind.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 06:59

LOL Max quit balancing on that fence. It's not like I would LOL. Not a player I would welcome to The Lane but as Max sez, 20+ goals and he's a true Yiddo . . . ..
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:09

even 20+ goals vis dont think he ever be a true yiddo. not now his torso has had that red top on . have another stella and you will see it lol
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:22

I think there is no Love lost between him and the Ars e. He gotta score lots, and kiss the Badge lol (hate badge kissers usualy)Oh, and take a pay cut because he Loves Spurs more than life. Then he a Yiddo.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:24

lol kingy, it aint gonna happen

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:36

shearspur wrote:even 20+ goals vis dont think he ever be a true yiddo. not now his torso has had that red top on . have another stella and you will see it lol

PMSL Shear, even with Stella goggles on I ain't much liking the look of this one . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:43

yeah ive had a few, now on fosters but still not convinced. it will all be clear in the morning, i can hear ions temperance movement coming from oz with a 12 hour delay lol

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:53

LOL Shear. People can preach till they are (navy) blue in the face but this is one player who will take a helluva lot to convince me. As Max & Kingy (lol & me too) have said 20+ goals will help but . . . . .
    And I seriously feel there will always be a but with this particular player should we choose to do business with him . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:01

picture the scene. we playing the scum its 2 2 and ade comes on for last 15 mins for crouch and jenas whips in a free kick in injury time and this one manaages to beat the 1st mean wich is arshavin lol and ade gets hes head to it and puts it int he goal then runs all way up the other end to celebrate with gomez in front of the goonies fans.

our unbeatin run aganst them contiues and wenger losees another bottle of volvic lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:03

i did say a while back i wouldnt have minded him but now it just smacks of desperation, is he really any better than what we have. he didnt seem it when in the prem a couple years back.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:05

i knew hed come on for crouch, lought. why not pav lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:08

Hey hey hey

Well i have search high low for this story can't find it anywhere, if this is true i say its a good bit of business, Adebayor will get us goals , the problem is he is a bad influence so they say in the dressing room, well i think then a loan deal is a wise move, i must say though I'm shocked city will let him move here they obviously don't see us as a threat anymore, either that or they are just deperate to get shot of him ..on i personal note i hope he comes cos no doubt about he will get picked every game and forget about the past boys, once he pulls that shirt on hes a Yid ..end off
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:26

As long as he scores against the goons I'd be happy lol.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 09:47

ye i cant find it anywhere.

and who said that is he any better then what we got lol

the amount of crosses bale and lennon put in the box and our strikers cant get there heads on them, ade will hes great in the air and is strong, hes better then what we got..
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Aug 13 2011, 13:44

The report is on ESPN Star, the Asian version of ESPN.

According to one of the mods on SC, who lives out in Malaysia, A Granny with Alzheimers is more ITK than them! lol!

Having said that, I believe the Times also put a one liner in saying that we were close to agreeing a deal.

I'm hoping this comes off big time. Ade is an absolutely perfect fit for us and the loan will work in a number of ways,

1) His wages get subsidised by Citeh for the season, thereby keeping our operating margins within manageable parameters.
    2) He is strong, quick, has intelligent movement, can hold the ball up, can distribute the ball well, can dribble, can shoot, can head, can link play and, most importantly, can score shitloads of goals and provide a plethora of assists.
    3) Getting him on loan means that, when we are looking to buy him, we are out of the transfer silly season and into the FFP. Citeh won't want his wages back on their books and no one else will pay what he's currently on. He'll take a cut if he wants to play.
    4) Getting him on loan until FFP also means that the prices, and wage demands, of other players will drop. If he won't reduce his wage demands then we go elsewhere. Llorente will have one less year on his existing contract by then, Rossi too. We may even have Leandro by then.
    5) Kane and Coulibaly are 1 year closer to a first team berth. Ade does the business for a year and one, or both, of these two turn out to be mustard? Striker problem solved.
    6) Other strikers pop up on the radar. Hulk & Falcao's prices reduce, Bryan Ruiz carries on banging them in etc, etc.
    7) He loves it at Spurs, wants to stay, happily accepts the max we are prepared to pay him and he finds a Home where he is constantly leading a title challenging line.
    Cool His inclusion, and subsequent goals, convince Modders, Bale, VDV, Sandro et al to remain and win titles.

Of course, it could go the other way, but I really don't believe it will. He has this undeserved reputation as a trouble maker. I've even seen it reported that going to Spurs will kick off trouble in the changing room as him and Gallas don't get on. The truth of the matter is that those two are very good friends.

He's shown that, with a creative side (goons) he can score for fun. He's shown that with a fairly negative, defensively minded side (Citeh) that he can also score for fun. He averages 1 in 2 with them. Those who bang on about him being dropped need to look at the Citeh transfer policy. It goes a little something like this;

'Me like this striker, he shiny. Me pay silly money 'cos me rich.'

'Ooh look, this striker shiny too, me buy.'

'Ooh, 'nother shiny.'

'Aah, more shiny for me.'

'Oh no, too much shiny, me no want first shiny any more, boring. Me no play, throw away.'

The only real downside I see? He'll score lots, Citeh will see the threat we pose with him and we'll never get to buy him.

But mark my words, he'll fire us into the top 4, of that I have no doubt. He's not a 'glut' scorer, his goals are spread out, which is what we have been crying out for for years. Put him on the end of the service from Bale, Lennon, Modders and VDV and tell me he won't be happy with us.

The other thing too is that, if we get Ade on loan, we still have the ability to put in a serius bid for Rossi or Falcao, or Hulk etc.

Getting Adabad would be a great piece of business.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Aug 15 2011, 09:44

All this love for Adebayor...You all know that Burger is probs reading all this and you're just winding him up aint yous?lol

Ade ...its now Ade ffs ....lol

I cant see Citeh doing this for us ......
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Aug 17 2011, 22:34

Now that its been officially confirmed we are in talks to sign him on a years loan all i can say is if we can get him we will in my opinion one of the best strikers and finishers in the world the problem is he can be a bit outspoken, but saying that he 27 and in his prime and maybe a lot older and wiser , last chance saloon for him i reckon, but a big signing no doubt , im pleased
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Aug 17 2011, 22:46

ArnieArdiles wrote:All this love for Adebayor...You all know that Burger is probs reading all this and you're just winding him up aint yous?lol

Looks like it's happening Arnie.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18 2011, 01:14

great news. and ions spot on about what he said last week.

ade is strong hes scoring record us good. he scores with hes head and hes at that age where hes ready to hit peak.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Aug 18 2011, 02:03

BazSpur wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:All this love for Adebayor...You all know that Burger is probs reading all this and you're just winding him up aint yous?lol

Looks like it's happening Arnie.

We shall see Baz , like with all signings ..... I will believe it when I see him at the Lodge, holding the shirt ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Aug 18 2011, 02:40

will believe it when I see him at the Lodge, holding the shirt ..

Goes without saying mate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 20:52