The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  Empty Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:25

I cant believe what I'm reading on this and various Spurs forums this morning ... The high number of posts expressing their surprise that we didnt do more buisness in the window....

I dont like, saying told you so, more so when its a negative I were warning about ....

I wasnt sure what to call the thread title ...It was a toss up between either what I've gone for or, 'Harry and Daniel, how longs it gonna last'? I can always change it later depending how the thread goes , if it goes that is ....

Like I said, all this shock and utter dismay on the forums , that we didnt buy bucket loads of superstars , Diarra didnt come , we didnt get that £30+ forward Rossi or even a cheaper Llorentte ..Kaka on the last day lol

Those ITKs have got a lot to answer for ..

But I'm thinking the Transfer window is not that bad a window ...Harry's got half his nepotist wishlist , getting in Parker but with Cole preffering Lille in france..

Approx £7m spent, with approx £26m coming in...

Our wage bill is about 15m a year lower

We've kept our best player... we sold for 10 million ,,,yes 10 million pounds, the tall one that had no upper body strength and got no shot and replaced him with the big power we needed up front (on loan to avoid problems if he has one of his meltdowns)...

Palacios for Parker and a couple of million in our bins ? Perhaps was needing freshening up so I can go with that one

I think Leandro Damiao in January ..

Im not crying over Cahill ..... Over priced , probaly wanted to be overpaid too...

So back to why the dismay on show and why have we just had the window we've had ...

All those posts written throughout the summer explaining all was not right between Harry & Levy ..All those posters saying similar, thinking this season is a wait and see season, a get it out the way with no great cost season...Levy is planning for the 2012-13 season with a new man in charge of the team, who will then be given the funds and a chance to reshape the squad...

It all fell on deaf ears and at times that viewpoint was even met with outright hostility and 'you cant be a Spurs fan' replies .... There are times , I think I must be reading posts written by teenage, star struck girls, not so much on this forum before you all start lol... ...And many of these posters are generally the ones that get their knickers in a twist when any criticism is levelled at the club ....

But there seems to be a wind of change this morning and Daniel Levy is taking some serious flak, an outpouring of dismay by some of his most ardent supporters , now is not the time to be tightfisted etc...
    Yet more splits in the rank and file, something the duo Levy & Harry have been very good at causing these past couple of seasons... ...

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  Empty Re: Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:34

Poor Vis , get cracking mate lol

Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  Empty Re: Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:36

Yeah arnie i think many were thinking that we were going to buy a couple of big names and they didnt materialise.
    i also posted weeks back when we were inundated with threads of "nothing happening " that i didnt think we would be doing much , but that was based upon the fact that levy apparently told harry that players have to gotten off the wage list before new faces come in, and god did those faces take some shifting.
    A little disappointed personally, i wasnt sure about cahill, but caulker has gone out on loan when we have problems in that area.
    I think we may have a little gem in the loan signings with Iago Falque? have to wait and see .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:38

ArnieArdiles wrote:Poor Vis , get cracking mate lol

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr! anything i said? lol! Vis is loving it. Twisted Evil
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:43

lewspurs wrote:Yeah arnie i think many were thinking that we were going to buy a couple of big names and they didnt materialise.
    i also posted weeks back when we were inundated with threads of "nothing happening " that i didnt think we would be doing much , but that was based upon the fact that levy apparently told harry that players have to gotten off the wage list before new faces come in, and god did those faces take some shifting.
    A little disappointed personally, i wasnt sure about cahill, but caulker has gone out on loan when we have problems in that area.
    I think we may have a little gem in the loan signings with Iago Falque? have to wait and see .

We've loaned out Caulker and shifted Woodgate , also cant have done Bassong's thinking any good with all of this ...We've defintely made ourselves weaker in the central defence positions ....
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:46

ArnieArdiles wrote:I cant believe what I'm reading on this and various Spurs forums this morning ... The high number of posts expressing their surprise that we didnt do more buisness in the window....

I dont like, saying told you so, more so when its a negative I were warning about ....

I wasnt sure what to call the thread title ...It was a toss up between either what I've gone for or, 'Harry and Daniel, how longs it gonna last'? I can always change it later depending how the thread goes , if it goes that is ....

Like I said, all this shock and utter dismay on the forums , that we didnt buy bucket loads of superstars , Diarra didnt come , we didnt get that £30+ forward Rossi or even a cheaper Llorentte ..Kaka on the last day lol

But I'm thinking the Transfer window is not that bad a window ...Harry's got half his nepotist wishlist , getting in Parker but with Cole preffering Lille in france..

We've kept our best player... we sold for 10 million ,,,yes 10 million pounds, the tall one that had no upper body strength and got no shot and replaced him with the big power we needed up front (on loan to avoid problems if he has one of his meltdowns)...

Palacios for Parker and a couple of million in our bins ? Perhaps was needing freshening up so I can go with that one

Im not crying over Cahill ..... Over priced , probaly wanted to be overpaid too...

So back to why the dismay on show and why have we just had the window we've had ...

All those posts written throughout the summer explaining all was not right between Harry & Levy ..All those posters saying similar, thinking this season is a wait and see season, a get it out the way with no great cost season...Levy is planning for the 2012-13 season with a new man in charge of the team, who will then be given the funds and a chance to reshape the squad...

It all fell on deaf ears and at times that viewpoint was even met with outright hostility and 'you cant be a Spurs fan' replies .... There are times , I think I must be reading posts written by teenage, star struck girls, not so much on this forum before you all start lol... ...And many of these posters are generally the ones that get their knickers in a twist when any criticism is levelled at the club ....

But there seems to be a wind of change this morning and Daniel Levy is taking some serious flak, an outpouring of dismay by some of his most ardent supporters , now is not the time to be tightfisted etc...
    Yet more splits in the rank and file, something the duo Levy & Harry have been very good at causing these past couple of seasons... ...

Cracking post arnie

Totally agree i think we seriously need to look at the bigger picture especially where arry is concerned, he looked a dejected man last night , and maybe your right levy is planning without arry, lets hope so, i support my club and manager , but we all know full well arry will be doing head over heels to get the england job, levy can see this and maybe one of the reasons why were not spending, clearing a path maybe for owen coyle Smile

Slightly disappointed we didn't get another full back but instead we have one of the best midfielders in the land and players player of the year parker and player of the year adebayor one of the best strikers in the world ..so all in all the club is healthy and so what if we don't finish top 6 ..it won't be a disaster by no means ..

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:49

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:Yeah arnie i think many were thinking that we were going to buy a couple of big names and they didnt materialise.

We've loaned out Caulker and shifted Woodgate , also cant have done Bassong's thinking any good with all of this ...We've defintely made ourselves weaker in the central defence positions ....

Must be hard on the lad ! never plays and was almost sold off to qpr, his confidence must be pretty low.
    We need gallas back, i dont think we realise how good a signing the ex gooner was, and if king could get back for his usual one or two games, it would help, he seems permanently injured now.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:50

Where do I start???? On second thoughts don't get me started. Transfer Window Summer 2011: Our Conclusions  994919
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:52

Agree about Billy Lew. We need his experience alongside Daws.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:58

LOBO wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:I cant believe what I'm reading on this and various Spurs forums this morning ... The high number of posts expressing their surprise that we didnt do more buisness in the window....

Cracking post arnie

Totally agree i think we seriously need to look at the bigger picture especially where arry is concerned, he looked a dejected man last night , and maybe your right levy is planning without arry, lets hope so, i support my club and manager , but we all know full well arry will be doing head over heels to get the england job, levy can see this and maybe one of the reasons why were not spending, clearing a path maybe for owen coyle Smile

Slightly disappointed we didn't get another full back but instead we have one of the best midfielders in the land and players player of the year parker and player of the year adebayor one of the best strikers in the world ..so all in all the club is healthy and so what if we don't finish top 6 ..it won't be a disaster by no means ..

Ive had doubts for some time now Lobo about the Levy-Harry relationship ..I just see this transfer window as a reflection of that .....

I think the full-back areas arent to bad with left-back Danny Rose doing well at the tail end of last season ..We have Walker with Charlie who should be adequate on the right?....

Its those central positions that are of concern but having said that, with Parker and Sandro, if they both stay fit that is , we should see some decent protection to our backline ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01 2011, 23:59

BazSpur wrote:Agree about Billy Lew. We need his experience alongside Daws.

Gallas and Sandro baz, both badly missed, i would add King too but he hardly plays these days anyway.
    Do i remember a sort of vote on here if he should get a new contract? lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:01

BazSpur wrote:Agree about Billy Lew. We need his experience alongside Daws.

Hasnt Gallas after his good performances got himself an extra year to his contract ?

If so , hope its not now a case of feet up for our Wills ....

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:06

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Cracking post arnie

Ive had doubts for some time now Lobo about the Levy-Harry relationship ..I just see this transfer window as a reflection of that .....

I think the full-back areas arent to bad with left-back Danny Rose doing well at the tail end of last season ..We have Walker with Charlie who should be adequate on the right?....

Its those central positions that are of concern but having said that, with Parker and Sandro, if they both stay fit that is , we should see some decent protection to our backline ?

I think we were pre-warned arnie by the media (sometimes they get things right) that harry had to out players before he got anymore in, that in my opinion has been reflected in the few signings we have made.
    It didnt help that no one came in for the so called deadwood until it was virtually all over.
    Didnt levy also say a striker was to be signed a few weeks back above any other player?

I think the manager / chairman relationship is fine, its just that levy has put his foot down this summer.
    Maybe sugar has put his two pence worth in, remember his comments about graham needing a few more signings tomake spurs a top team all those years ago. lol!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:12

well im happy
    modric stayed. crouch has gone for 10 mill

im glad we didnt spend 15mill on cahill
    do people forget bassong was playing when we went on that run of clean sheets.

the start of the window i was worried that we mite get joe cole gwan and sell modric pav but we got rid of a lot of dead wood.
    only wp im sad about leavin as i felt we needed him of late.
    im sorry thought but 10 mill for crouch plus add ons wich could lead to 12,
    i assume the add ons is if he scores more then 5 goals lol money save

stoke will not be pretty to watch but i got feeling they wil contune there run of wins aganst the goons.

plus ion was right levy wouldnt sell modric
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:13

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Cracking post arnie

I think we were pre-warned arnie by the media (sometimes they get things right) that harry had to out players before he got anymore in, that in my opinion has been reflected in the few signings we have made.
    It didnt help that no one came in for the so called deadwood until it was virtually all over.
    Didnt levy also say a striker was to be signed a few weeks back above any other player?

I think the manager / chairman relationship is fine, its just that levy has put his foot down this summer.
    Maybe sugar has put his two pence worth in, remember his comments about graham needing a few more signings tomake spurs a top team all those years ago. lol!

Well that's my point Lew...The chairman if he were supportive of the manager , wouldve raised the funds earlier in the trnsfer window even if it meant incurring a loss here and there on players so as to provide the funds for the manager's targets ....

Levy dragged this all out till the last day, then put aside the profit...Harry as Lobo says looked gutted on Sky sports last night ....None of his usual chirpyness at the end of a window ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:18

I have thought there were problems between Arry and Levy for a while now. I think Arry's tenure is coming to an end one way or t'other now. If he don't get the England job I can't see Arry getting an extension with us. And didn't Arry say this would be his last job in club football anyway? i wonder who if anyone Levy has in mind as a replacement?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:29

BazSpur wrote:I have thought there were problems between Arry and Levy for a while now. I think Arry's tenure is coming to an end one way or t'other now. If he don't get the England job I can't see Arry getting an extension with us. And didn't Arry say this would be his last job in club football anyway? i wonder who if anyone Levy has in mind as a replacement?

b]If it happens as you say Baz ....I can see him appearing on our tv screens as a pundit here and there... Probs, ITV on a champions League night ..... [/b]
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:35

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Cracking post arnie

Oh yea i have had my doubts for a while now, some of arrys antic's would be enough to concern any chairmen , i like arry nice fella, but i don't rate him him as a top top manager , good yea but he's never responsible its always some body fault when there is someone to blame, i read the other day ion i think said to one of the posters its not arry fault crouch can't score, well i disagree he picks the team and lets be honest crouch has been poor for a long time so it don't take a rocket scientist to work out that crouchie is sh*t he shouldn't have played him fullstop.

And he constantly challenges levy authority in public and talks to much to the cameras hes a showmen .. and nothing more and the past 15 games with 2 wins is proof he ain't nothing special , i'd love him to get the England job to be honest lol then maybe we can get in someone that does his talking on the pitch and not to sky sport reporters ever chance he gets.. , you only have to see that add he did for sky , the bloke is a joke at times.. still we shell see what he can do with the new signing, maybe they can bale him out of the sh*t hole hes slowly digging for himself..
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:48

Lobo wrote :

Oh yea i have had my doubts for a while now, some of arrys antic's would be enough to concern any chairmen , i like arry nice fella, but i don't rate him him as a top top manager , good yea but he's never responsible its always some body else's blame , he constantly challenges levy authority in public and talks to much to the cameras hes a showmen .. and nothing more and the past 15 games with 2 wins is proof he ain't nothing special , i'd love him to get the England job to be honest lol then maybe we can get in someone that does his talking on the pitch and not to sky sport ever chance he gets..[/quote]

Yeah you're right . The last few months of the season in the league was a disaster and those end of season comments by Harry wont have gone down to well with Levy and the Spurs board ..

Also Harry's conflicting comments to Levys stance on Modric, I dont think was just a good cop bad cop ploy to raise a possible fee and there's genuine angst between then...

Harry is under real pressure to get some good results in the league now ... I dont think he's lost the dressing room and I expect a turnaround, well I hope so ...
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Sep 02 2011, 00:54

ArnieArdiles wrote:Lobo wrote :

Oh yea i have had my doubts for a while now, some of arrys antic's would be enough to concern any chairmen , i like arry nice fella, but i don't rate him him as a top top manager , good yea but he's never responsible its always some body else's blame , he constantly challenges levy authority in public and talks to much to the cameras hes a showmen .. and nothing more and the past 15 games with 2 wins is proof he ain't nothing special , i'd love him to get the England job to be honest lol then maybe we can get in someone that does his talking on the pitch and not to sky sport ever chance he gets..

Yeah you're right . The last few months of the season in the league was a disaster and those end of season comments by Harry wont have gone down to well with Levy and the Spurs board ..

Also Harry's conflicting comments to Levys stance on Modric, I dont think was just a good cop bad cop ploy to raise a possible fee and there's genuine angst between then...

Harry is under real pressure to get some good results in the league now ... I dont think he's lost the dressing room and I expect a turnaround, well I hope so ...
    [/quote]

thankfully we well levy got shot of the dead wood, and with the players we have now i expect us to be finish in the top six. i can't see top four at this stage y, but with that squad arry should turn things around, well we can't blame crouchie now lol

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 01:55

Very goood original post Arnie. I have been saying for sometime now that I think there is a problem between manager & Chairman. If so all we as fans can do is wait and see and hope it dosen't affect things on the pitch . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 02:08

Well how far do you support the manager arnie ! he did with keane,palacios and many more that didnt live the dream ! lol!
    He bought krancky and now he doesnt play him, he bought crouch who wasnt always first choice.
    He was ready to farm bale out and then what happens......bale explodes on the scene.
    Yes bale needs to move up a notch but you get my point !

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 03:01

exactley lew. harrys buys have mostly been a flop.
    he buys players then dont play them
    spent loads on defoe and robbie keane and both have not been a hit
    hes wasted loads and now we have loads of players who are 30 plus

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 08:12

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]exactley lew. harrys buys have mostly been a flop.
    he buys players then dont play them
    spent loads on defoe and robbie keane and both have not been a hit
    hes wasted loads and now we have loads of players who are 30 plus[/quote]

Friedel & Gallas Lought. King ? How many more ? To be honest I cannot be bothered to check but I'm damn sure it ain't LOADS . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 08:44

parker fridel king galas pav defoe or almost 30 lol cudichini

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 03:51