The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
A Question EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
A Question EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
A Question EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
A Question EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
A Question EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
A Question EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
A Question EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
A Question EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
A Question EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

A Question Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
BazSpur
anicoll5
cstmrsking
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
Boltjean
10 posters

A Question

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

A Question Empty A Question

Post by Boltjean Thu Sep 22 2011, 06:00

I know we have gone on about Harry and the England job, but, if he did get the job do you think he will take Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan with him or do you think they will remain at Spurs where perhaps Kevin Bond takes over from Harry and Joe Jordan becomes his assistant, or perhaps the other way round, and Clive Allen becomes first team coach?. Would you be happy with this outcome or would you want someone not connected to Spurs, a fresh face?.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

A Question Empty Re: A Question

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 22 2011, 06:08

Joe jordan would never work as an assistant to arry in the england set being he's a jock, it won't happen in a million years, bond on the other hand i could follow arry, i don't want a situation like they have at chelsea where by they change the manager every season so i would like to see someone within the club take over or someone with connections like poyet ..
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 22 2011, 06:29

Cant see either Jordan or Bond taking the reins , Len ....

The money is on Mark Hughes , with possibly Tim Sherwood moved up alongside him ...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22 2011, 06:33

Len I have said before that I think Clive Allen will be Spurs manager one day & I have no issues with Bond & Jordan taking over to keep continuity going forward . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 22 2011, 06:48

ArnieArdiles wrote:Cant see either Jordan or Bond taking the reins , Len ....

The money is on Mark Hughes , with possibly Tim Sherwood moved up alongside him ...

Mark hughes omg i hope your wrong, how boring and defensive we would be under him Sad
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Sep 22 2011, 07:19

Who's Monie's on Mark Hughes! No Way. Is Hughes Managing at the moment?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Sep 22 2011, 07:34

Hughes is not managing at the moment - mind you nor is Juande Ramos

MON. Nearly took the Ammers job so he might fancy a go

And intriguingly what might happen if Arry goes and FFC have a good season ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Sep 22 2011, 07:39

ffs ....another long reply nuked bounce lol

Okay shortened version here :

Mark Hughes ...has a 40%+ win rate as a manager ....In fact his record is similar to Harry's...

He wasnt defensive at Citeh , in fact it was pointed out that they often threw away a lead due to them being over attacking rather than see the game out!

To many draws if we recall ?

He also signed our boy Ade, shelled out 25 big ones...

Im not advocating his appointment but then I wouldnt be to disheartened either, should Levy decide to go with Hughes if Harry does the off...

Also expect to see Tim Sherwood positioned nearer to the first team squad after his good work with the academy .....

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 22 2011, 08:36

David Moyes. or Owen Coyle. Having said that it will probably be someone we haven't even thought of.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22 2011, 08:39

Len if's, but's & maybe's, purely supposistion on your part. Posters have been ripped to shreads in the past for suggesting this type of thing ! Arnie, Hughes is not for me. I would be less then thrilled with his appointment. Sherwood I agree is being groomed for something at sometime. End of the day this is at present a make believe situation suggested by you, the forum posters, and quite rightly up for discussion. MON, Nic, another not for me. Too twitchy by far lmao . I posted awhile back on a similar thread that Ancellotti was tried & tested & had what it takes. Should this scenario, as suggested by Len & other naughty posters, happen soon my vote would still be with him (lol have I sat on the fence enough ?) . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22 2011, 10:38

nah i dont want hughes.
    i think tim sherwood doing a great job with the acadamey. also clive allen is spurs through and through.

but ill tell you now jose will be here within the next 3 years.

jose morinino will be spurs manaager
    the specal one.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 22 2011, 16:45

Not unless he gets plenty of money to spend.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Sep 22 2011, 16:57

Lought this is becoming a regular thing on this forum.... People agreeing with you! But i do agree Jose will be at Spurs sometime soon...

OR

Frank Rijkaard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wathch this space!
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Sep 22 2011, 18:23

Jose Mourinho at Spurs r u on crack lol! only time u will see Mourinho at Spurs is on Football Manager lol! he will be taking over old red nose at Manure its a fore gone conclusion. We will get David Moyes Levy likes him.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 22 2011, 19:26

ArnieArdiles wrote:ffs ....another long reply nuked bounce lol

Mark Hughes ...has a 40%+ win rate as a manager ....In fact his record is similar to Harry's...

He wasnt defensive at Citeh , in fact it was pointed out that they often threw away a lead due to them being over attacking rather than see the game out!

Im not advocating his appointment but then I wouldnt be to disheartened either, should Levy decide to go with Hughes if Harry does the off...

Also expect to see Tim Sherwood positioned nearer to the first team squad after his good work with the academy .....

I honestly see poyet as a main candidate , i would like to see a young manager with proven experience, Martinez the wigan manager i like him owen coyle a good manager who little if any managerial experience in the top flight and has done a terrific job at bolton , i wouldn't want to see the club go for an old established manager coming to the end of his career i think that would only be a short term solution , we should really be looking for the managers of tomorrow
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Sep 22 2011, 21:26

Kevin Keegan is available lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Sep 22 2011, 22:51

Harry's going nowhere!!!!Hodgson for England?

Mikey M
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Sep 22 2011, 23:30

totalytot wrote:

Harry's going nowhere!!!!Hodgson for England?

Mikey M

If not arry my monies on stuart pearce

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 02:20

jose never had money at porto. he also didnt spend anymoney in hes last season at chelsea

the guy is a motivator.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Sep 23 2011, 03:54

A Question Images10

this guy is a motivator lol

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 06:09

love it
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Sep 23 2011, 07:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:jose never had money at porto. he also didnt spend anymoney in hes last season at chelsea

the guy is a motivator.

Well he hasn't motivated Real to anything yet and he has loads a money there. He will be gone by the end of the season.

As much as I hate to admit it but Ferguson is the best manager since Billy Nick. Just Like Bill he knows when to buy and who he needs, that's why they stay at the top every season.

It's not just having the money but how to use it, look at Chelsea changing managers every year wasting money on players ....Torres a typical example....they are slipping out of contention in Europe and the Prem.

I think Morinio is a lucky manager and is about to be found out.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 10:06

your right about fergie he is the best. but jose came and won the league at chelsea

now hes gone to a league where barcelona are even better then man u,
    barcelona beatin man u in the last to champions league finals

so jose has a really tough job to do but he did say he always does hes best work in hes secound season

but if they do win that league then he will really be the best
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Sep 24 2011, 23:25

LOBO wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:ffs ....another long reply nuked bounce lol

I honestly see poyet as a main candidate , i would like to see a young manager with proven experience, Martinez the wigan manager i like him owen coyle a good manager who little if any managerial experience in the top flight and has done a terrific job at bolton , i wouldn't want to see the club go for an old established manager coming to the end of his career i think that would only be a short term solution , we should really be looking for the managers of tomorrow

I like Poyet and felt we let him go unnecessarily but I do see him as a Chelsea man ...Can imagine him having a good season at Spurs then switching over on Roman's calling ....

Hughes was ex Chelsea too but I think after Man City, he wont be willing to work for a trigger happy chairman .. I also know for a fact he's had a long term friendship with Daniel Levy... Hughes is 48 years old....

Tim Sherwood is also one of Levy's faves .......

wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Tue Sep 27 2011, 08:11

bounce LOVE MARTIN JOL BACK,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 14:07