The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Redknapp Sez . . . .  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Redknapp Sez . . . .  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Redknapp Sez . . . .

Redknapp Sez . . . .  Empty Redknapp Sez . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:41

Fair play to you Mr Redknapp. Why not "big-up" our chances . . . . .

Tottenham can win the Premier League, says Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp believes Tottenham can win the Premier League this season if they maintain their recent form.

Spurs moved up to third place in the table after beating Aston Villa 2-0 at White Hart Lane and have now won eight of their last nine league games.

Manager Redknapp said: "The title is a possibility, it's not impossible. If you keep winning matches and believe in yourself you will do it.

"If we keep up [our] form, we'll win the league, but it will be very hard."

Redknapp said the win over Villa, secured by two goals from on-loan striker Emmanuel Adebayor, was "the best medicine" for him after his return to the dugout following heart surgery.

"I enjoyed watching us play," Redknapp said. "I love the way we play football. It's the best medicine for me to watch the way we play.

"The fans have seen lots of great teams over the years and they're enjoying the way this team's playing.

"It was great to be back. I wouldn't want to watch it at home again, [doing] that was nerve-wracking. There were no nerves, I was just looking forward to the game. I feel better now than I did before.

"I've been feeling great for the last 10 days and have been looking forward to getting back. The doctor told me not to return for four to five weeks, but I didn't take an awful lot of notice of him."

Playmaker Luka Modric and defender Younes Kaboul drew particular praise from Redknapp, who said: "Luka was fantastic - him and Scott Parker have been outstanding together.

"I love Luka, I love the way he plays his football and he's an absolutely top-class fella. I thought defensively we were very strong as well and Kaboul was looking the player I thought he could be."

Redknapp is eager for Croatian Modric, who sought a move to Chelsea in the summer, to sign a new contract at White Hart Lane.

"I'm sure the chairman will do a new deal and look after him. Hopefully that will happen," he said. "You've got to look after him, he's a top, top player. If he's worth £40m, then he must be worth decent wages.

"He has to be on good money because he's a fantastic player."

Meanwhile, Villa have now won only once in their last five Premier League matches.

"We started well in both halves - we went right at Spurs and had a couple of chances," said boss Alex McLeish.

"But we didn't retain the ball well enough, we didn't pass it well enough and the goals we lost were calamitous. We've got to defend better than that.

"They [Spurs] were different class. They've got great players - their speed, their athleticism. With that 11, they can be a match for anyone."
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Redknapp Sez . . . .  Empty Re: Redknapp Sez . . . .

Post by LOBO Wed Nov 23 2011, 03:55

our only achilles heel is our away form, we have been good thus far this season and we need to play the sort of game away from home like we do at home then anything is possible ... will we win the league hmm not sure i'd be over the moon just to finish above a*se-nal

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 04:26

We can win the league, but do the players believe it, we can do all of them away bar city, rough them up and compete and we could get a result.
    Personally i no longer fear chelsea, man utd or the back door bandits at the emirates.
    Exciting new times but to be realistic, 2nd is a good place, united & chelsea are on the slide, and with a*se, even wenger is talking about calling it a day.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 04:54

its that time of year lol
    harry said the same thing this time last year then we lost to man u then he went from saying we can win the league to we will be luck for top 4

then we went on a losing streak and harry told us fans to shut up as its the best we ever had it

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 06:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:its that time of year lol
    harry said the same thing this time last year then we lost to man u then he went from saying we can win the league to we will be luck for top 4

then we went on a losing streak and harry told us fans to shut up as its the best we ever had it

Mr positive strikes again, guess if you won the lotto lought you would lose your ticket.
    Christmas with you must be bah humbug.
    just one question ? why should quotes from last year strike trepadation in you this year.
    Shocked

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 06:35

im saying you shouldnt take anything harry says seriously.
    if we go on a bad run he will back track again.

what we need to do is put the demons to bed and win at man u chelsea and bolton

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 07:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:im saying you shouldnt take anything harry says seriously.
    if we go on a bad run he will back track again.

what we need to do is put the demons to bed and win at man u chelsea and bolton

Sure we should but man utd were champs last year, chelsea were strong at home, they have gone backwards and we have gone forwards, i dont honestly think there is a stronger squad in the prem apart from city, this is the year we can do those things and beat bolton lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:09

All managers back track hen things go wrong. Last year Wenger was talking about winning The Prem and other trophies. Once it wa clear he couldn't he back tracked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 07:40