The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Brad Friedel EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Brad Friedel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Brad Friedel EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Brad Friedel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Brad Friedel EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Brad Friedel EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Brad Friedel EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Brad Friedel EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Brad Friedel EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Brad Friedel Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Brad Friedel

Brad Friedel Empty Brad Friedel

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24 2011, 23:57

Ageless Friedel: I can play on for years yet

Brad Friedel Brad-friedel-tottenham-cropped

Golden oldie Brad Friedel wants to continue playing beyond his current contract at Tottenham.

The 40-year-old goalkeeper is already signed up until the end of next season, but feels he has plenty left in the tank.

“If you can keep yourself free of major injury and you want to keep playing, then you can play for a while - much longer than an outfield player could,” said the American.

“It can be done, if you want it - and I certainly do.”

Friedel has made 277 consecutive appearances in the Premier League - and in the last nine Spurs have gone unbeaten to spark talk of a title challenge.

He added: “Goalkeepers have always tended to play to a good age anyway, but these days, with sport science departments at football clubs, with all the focus on nutrition and health, together with the less distance we have to cover in training and in matches, why shouldn’t a goalkeeper play well into his 40s?

“I don’t find it remarkable that a 40-year-old can still play. My body doesn’t feel the way someone might think a 40-year-old should feel.

“I don’t wake up every morning and think, ‘Oh no! I’m 40! I don’t feel like training today!’"

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Brad Friedel Empty Re: Brad Friedel

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 25 2011, 01:03

I can't see no reason why he can't play well into his 40s , his command of the 18 yard box and the rolickings he dishes out is exactly what is needed, i said earlier in another post that ade, parker , & walker have made all the difference to our side , well i did a massive injustice to Mr Friedel by not including his name , well he has made all the difference the bloke is best Goalie we have had since Jennings in my opinion and we've had some pretty decent goalies over the years thorsved & Clemmence to name but a few.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 01:35

I have to admit the signing of Friedel left me very underwhelmed at the time, but so far he has proven him-self more then worthy of the #1 shirt. Ah the sweet taste of 'umble pie. Yumyumyumyumyumyumyum . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Nov 25 2011, 01:40

Can you remember back to the days of not knowing whether we had a world class goalie or a clown between the sticks. Now i dont get worried at all when a corner or a free kick comes in.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Nov 25 2011, 05:59

djfitzo wrote:Can you remember back to the days of not knowing whether we had a world class goalie or a clown between the sticks. Now i dont get worried at all when a corner or a free kick comes in.

So true

I'm a bit nervous of corners though ..old habits die hard santa
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Nov 25 2011, 07:32

Would we be where we are if Gomes was between the sticks. Brad has the Authority that gomes never had. He inspires and instiles confidence at the back.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 07:51

but gomez was a big part of us getting 4th. i remember him gettin us points on hes own
    chelsea home agame man u home the goons home

but i agree i feel more conifident with brad in goal
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Fri Nov 25 2011, 11:57

G'nomez, was also a big part of us not getting 3rd. lol

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 12:25

and us getting nocked out the champions league lol