The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Things We Don't Like About Football EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Things We Don't Like About Football Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
anicoll5
ArnieArdiles
7 posters

Things We Don't Like About Football

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Things We Don't Like About Football Empty Things We Don't Like About Football

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 07 2012, 21:38

I don't know about you guys but there's plenty of things in the modern game that annoys me and I'm sure there's things that do likewise for you.

I was wondering if we could do an ongoing list..

By all means add an explanation for your dislike..

If we could number them as we go along and see how many we end up with ?

1). Players that have the socks rolled up over their knees - Looks girlie ...
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Things We Don't Like About Football Empty Re: Things We Don't Like About Football

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 07 2012, 22:39

2.Clubs playing in a black away strip

Who do they think they are - Darth Vader?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Things We Don't Like About Football Empty Re: Things We Don't Like About Football

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 07 2012, 23:50

Diving, I detest it. Waving imaginary cards, disgusting practice.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 03:45

im with baz on this
    i hate diving. they should book every player that dives then they soon stop it

players that walk over to take the throw then drop the ball and leave it for somebody else.

subs that come on in injury time . i understand if its a tight game and your wasting time but not when your 3 0 up.

swearing at the ref
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Feb 08 2012, 04:09

Cats allowed on the pitch
    -
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 08 2012, 05:17

Well I don't like him

https://p.twimg.com/AlEavPICIAAZFOs.jpg

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 05:36

Players who wear gloves and a short sleeved shirt ! WTF is that all about ? stupid 3 . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 05:37

Managers who refuse to take responsibility for their players on-field actions, such as intimidating referees & diving . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 08 2012, 06:32

Players who kick the ball away in dissent.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 08 2012, 09:18

The whole bollox about the defensive/holding midfield player
    He stifles as much as possible in his own half, irrespective of his own side or the opposition have the ball
    He passes only backwards and sideways
    He scores one goal every three seasons ( from the spot)
    Johm Obi Mikel

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 11:10

thats so true nic. when france played us recently they didnt have 1 holding midfeilder and beat us

i dont belive in the holding midfeilder role.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 19:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:thats so true nic. when france played us recently they didnt have 1 holding midfeilder and beat us

i dont belive in the holding midfeilder role.

But you rave about Scotty Parker against Liverpool Lought?

parker was amazing he was everywhere
    parker 10. he was everywhere. so many great tackles.

And what does Parker do for Spurs? What role is he playing that has, IMHO, elevated us to these heady heights this season? Why he plays the holding role!
    Un -fekin-beleivable . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:27

Defenders shepherding the ball out of play and sometimes even barging the attacker off the ball to let it go out for a goal kick.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 23:34

Managers being falsely accused of tax evasion . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Feb 09 2012, 00:23

Not quite Vis though if Arry feels he has been the victim of a malicious prosecution then he is free to pursue a claim for damages.

The verdict of the jury is that, based upon the evidence presented and the arguments raised, that the prosecution have failed to prove their case.

An interesting opportunity to look in Arry's world of offshore accounts, slices of transfer fees and his apparent capacity not to have any idea he has £189k sitting there

So no nonsense about being " proved innocent" Wink

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 00:31

What a load of red & white shite Nic loo . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Feb 09 2012, 00:39

lol! To be fair Vis you should be pleased about the trial - not guilty or otherwise I sense the FA have been given a view of Mr Redknapp that will make an appointment very difficult - and the FA don't do very difficult

I expect his pals on the media will keep banging on about it for a little while but I think you are stuck with him

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 01:31

Will get round to posting why I think Cappello will be sacked & Redknapp get asked to do the job part-time Nic, just as soon as I can lol . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Feb 09 2012, 01:40

I was wondering if we could do an ongoing list with our reasons thrown in if we wish...

for example

1). Red Kits - cos the Goons wear it

didn't last long, we got it to , TWO posts , well done Nic lmao
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Feb 09 2012, 01:44

Approximately....... Smile

15). Club's P.A. systems that play music after a home goal is scored - small club plastic fan mentality
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Feb 09 2012, 01:55

Oh go on then

16. Why in God's name does the fourth official, and in the good old days the linesman, check the soles of the boots of substitutes going on to the pitch ?

What are they looking for!? Guns , drugs , illegal immigrants, ice skates , razor sharp spikes that the player thinks on the one occasion he might sneak past the 4th official on to the pitch and dismember the opposition with ????? confused

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Feb 09 2012, 02:10

PMSL Nic. I always wondered that too. Just looked on wikipedia which says.

Nottwithstanding the *pre-match requirement to check players equipment, generally,the best time to check the players' equipment
    is when the Referee walks onto the field of play - this should allow sufficient time for
    players to correct any faults.
    You can also check the players equipment at half-time. Players footwear must
    also be checked to identify any dangerous studs

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 03:34

as if harry was ever going to be found guilty

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 03:36

vis yes parker played well in a team that came to defend. hes been a bit poor lately but was our man of the match aganst liverpool

but he always passes sideways. heres a stat for you
    parker made 7 forward passes aganst liverpool only 1 reached its target

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Feb 09 2012, 03:46

17. In Rugby you try to gouge an opponent's eye you get a minimum 12 week ban, often 24 weeks and in theory up to a three year ban.

In football you get a tee shirt;

https://p.twimg.com/AlC1BoUCQAAOtpn.jpg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 04:25