The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Match Thread Vs Stevenage

Match Thread Vs Stevenage - Page 2 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Stevenage

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 06:09

how am i back tracking.
    why play 3 at the back. why was our players keep hoofing it up feild. get the ball down and play it out.

lately we had nobody on the left and somone on the right.
    today we had rose on the left but nobody down the right.

for the players that wernt up for it they should of been taking off.

as for defoe he will rightly be on the bench next week.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 06:10

thanks baz lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Feb 20 2012, 06:42

No Modric = no brains in midfield ......

Parker what was he doing being offside on the goal line ?

Parker is a defensive holding midfielder and nothing more ( Cappello knows, Harry it appears does not)

Today no Modric so just bring in a near like for like as we can, in Kranjcar but oh no, we have to be clever ...

Three central defenders to counter a Stevange threat, Wtf ?... You couldnt make it up ...

Now we have an unnecessary replay sandwiched in between the Man Utd and Goon game ..
    crazydriver
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 20 2012, 07:13

Spot on Arnie and that means Arry will put out a second string with a couple of first team players against Stevenage. Not that I think we can't beat them because we can but it's all so unecessary. Should have done the job today.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 07:42

bang on arnie. kranker should of played with either parker or jake in the middle.

a lot of nico work goes unnoticed. hes passing and hes link up play is superb.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 08:39

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing.
    I said you were back tracking Lought because you almost doubled Dawsons mark in on one stroke. From a 3 to a 5 ! We didn't win so lets knock players. I have said I think it was the worst I have seen Parker play so far but surely he is due one ? And better against Stevenage then Everton or Liverpool in the final ? This was always going to be a hard game. Redknapp knew it by the team he put out but all of a sudden players who were world class last week against the Barcodes are now useless ? LOL and you guys call arsenil fans fickle . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 09:22

ArnieArdiles wrote:No Modric = no brains in midfield ......

Parker is a defensive holding midfielder and nothing more ( Cappello knows, Harry it appears does not)

Today no Modric so just bring in a near like for like as we can, in Kranjcar but oh no, we have to be clever ...

Three central defenders to counter a Stevange threat, Wtf ?... You couldnt make it up ...

WTF Arnie ? Don't make me larf. So according to you Parker should know his place and not advance beyond it ? Isn't part of the job description of a midfielder (whatever their personal denomination) to break into the opposing box to add weight and numbers to the attacking move ? What makes me chuckle is that had one of the 2 Stevenage defenders clawed the ball off the line posters would be saying "but where was the following player?" or more likely if one of the 2 had have fallen goalwards insted of backwards everyone would be saying "oh yeah Scotty got the touch what a world class player he is poping up in the box like that", but no we have to draw a line across the pitch like a Subbeuteo cloth and tell him not to stray beyond because a clueless, gutless Eye-Talion knows that Parker is no more then a defensive midfielder ? Jeez rip a guy to shreds and we didn't even lose today . . . . .

Now we have an unnecessary replay sandwiched in between the Man Utd and Goon game ..
    crazydriver

Look at it as more of Redknapps fitness program Arnie. He would have started Modric today but for illness. He knows how fit his players are and a game under the lights at The Lane is the perfect chance to take the pressure off of 2 very important league games and keep the players firing . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 20 2012, 09:28

Get it down and play on that pitch? Why do you think the ball spent so much time in the air? It's easy to condense play on a tiny pitch that you can't pass on

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 09:36

vis it should of been an easy game. we was playing stevenage lol not bolton away.

whats the point in playing 2 up front if you got no service..

dawson without king makes me nervous
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 20 2012, 21:20

And exactly how many saves did Cudicini have to make?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 20 2012, 22:30

VisionarySound wrote:Agree with you Baz but it will be a different game under the lights at The Lane . . . . .

I am sure you're right vis but it's subsuent games we have to be up for, assuming we beat Stevenage at the Lane because you can never say never mate. We are Spurs after all. lol!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:08

our pitch is like a bowling green compared to theres, it WILL be different at the lane.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 21 2012, 00:51

VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:No Modric = no brains in midfield ......

WTF Arnie ? Don't make me larf. So according to you Parker should know his place and not advance beyond it ? Isn't part of the job description of a midfielder (whatever their personal denomination) to break into the opposing box to add weight and numbers to the attacking move ? What makes me chuckle is that had one of the 2 Stevenage defenders clawed the ball off the line posters would be saying "but where was the following player?" or more likely if one of the 2 had have fallen goalwards insted of backwards everyone would be saying "oh yeah Scotty got the touch what a world class player he is poping up in the box like that", but no we have to draw a line across the pitch like a Subbeuteo cloth and tell him not to stray beyond because a clueless, gutless Eye-Talion knows that Parker is no more then a defensive midfielder ? Jeez rip a guy to shreds and we didn't even lose today . . . . .

crazydriver

Look at it as more of Redknapps fitness program Arnie. He would have started Modric today but for illness. He knows how fit his players are and a game under the lights at The Lane is the perfect chance to take the pressure off of 2 very important league games and keep the players firing . . . .

I've been saying it sometime now, Vis ...Parker should be playing primarily as a defensive holding midfielder as he does when he plays for England . His contribution going forward is limited as proven by his stats in goals and assists this season, which at this moment stands at :

Goals 0 Assists 0 ....Perhaps that should now read
    Goals -1 Crying or Very sad

I'm not ripping the guy to shreds as you put it , just stating my observations... I even have preference to Livermore on the rare occasions when paired with Parker, to have the license to go forward ahead of him.

As for the replay, I think you're just putting a spin on it.. Be honest , we don't need it sandwiched in between the Man Utd and Goon games ... We were laughing at the Chavs for having an extra game and now we're to rejoice in the fact that our replay is a game that will be taking pressure off the players ?

Sunderland had a replay away to Middlesboro, then played the Goons in the league and they run out of steam losing a 1-0 lead in the last minutes. This after the Woolwich had their feet up in midweek .
    Goons have a midweek game away to Milan then play a Sunderland team in the Cup, who this time had their feet up in midweek. Result ... Sunderland outrun the Goons ...

The replay is something we can have done without and I know you know it too ...

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 21 2012, 00:57

djfitzo wrote:our pitch is like a bowling green compared to theres, it WILL be different at the lane.

Funny you should say that Dj lol ...I had exactly the same chat with my brother whilst watching the game ...I put it to him that, we abandon ideas of pass and move because we're not playing on a bowling green?
    Even Harry on the touchline was going ape sh*t at the players about it ...
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 21 2012, 02:57

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:our pitch is like a bowling green compared to theres, it WILL be different at the lane.

Funny you should say that Dj lol ...I had exactly the same chat with my brother whilst watching the game ...I put it to him that, we abandon ideas of pass and move because we're not playing on a bowling green?
    Even Harry on the touchline was going ape sh*t at the players about it ...

I guess, if our players are good enough, they should have the confidence to still try and pass it, mind you Stevenage play on it every other week and they still lumped it.

With regards to the replay, at home we can still use fringe players while the goons etc didnt have that luxury, should have Sandro back by then and I dont see Stevenages midfield bullying him.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 21 2012, 05:00

Premier League

Arsenal V Tottenham Sun 26 Feb 13:30

Tottenham V Man Utd Sun 4 Mar 16:10

Tottenham V Stevenage Wed 7 Mar 19:30

Everton V Tottenham Sat 10 Mar 17:30

OOOOPS silent ... As we can see you all failed to spot my deliberate mistake Suspect , the replay is sandwiched in between the Man U and Everton games and not as I thought, being played next Wednesday ....

You're all sleepyheads on here Sleep Wink

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21 2012, 06:08

We are indeed Arnie Yawn . Even better still as a warm up match for a tricky to beat Everton side deep in their Scouse homeland. Trouble with me is that I believe professional atheletes are all the better for continued competition type circumstances . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21 2012, 06:23

surley footballers should be able to play on any pitch.
    stevenage dont always play long ball.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21 2012, 07:54

Are you sure of that Lought ? That pitch was proper ole skool ! Modern Pro's should be able to play on any surface and play at least twice a week though . . ..

(PS guys, when the replay comes round someone lift this thread back up lol)
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 21 2012, 09:20

The thing is Vis .... If that had been Liverpool or the Goons managing only a draw at Stevanage, we'd be laughing at them if they were complaining about the pitch ?

Also I'm pretty sure Vicarage Rd wasn't all that bad and it was again a poor performance against lower league opposition ..

Bump up this old thread? Wont there be a Replay OMT? lol
    And when's the Goon OMT going up or is someone else doing it? lol

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21 2012, 09:41

I kinda agree Arnie but I do feel we are doing Stevenage a huge disservice. Last week we were world beaters, this week we are crap ? Lets take the FA Cup, it's history, it's magic, it's tradition et al into consideration and give credit were it is due ? We are still in it unlike our next 2 opponents LOL. We are indeed a better team then our next 2 opponents so lets go out and prove it. But lets not take away the magic of the cup and so-called lesser opponents. Let's take a bet Arnie my friend. I say Spurs will score at least 4 in the replay and win. We will also collect at least 4 points in our next 2 league games before then. If we don't I will post on here a most embarassing picture of myself. Your call on your odds . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21 2012, 10:10

it wernt that bad pitch.. its good enough for stevenage.

anyway it was a windy day. so what do we do. we play long ball.

surley the manager would of said keep it down.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 22 2012, 03:34

VisionarySound wrote:I kinda agree Arnie but I do feel we are doing Stevenage a huge disservice. Last week we were world beaters, this week we are crap ? Lets take the FA Cup, it's history, it's magic, it's tradition et al into consideration and give credit were it is due ? We are still in it unlike our next 2 opponents LOL. We are indeed a better team then our next 2 opponents so lets go out and prove it. But lets not take away the magic of the cup and so-called lesser opponents. Let's take a bet Arnie my friend. I say Spurs will score at least 4 in the replay and win. We will also collect at least 4 points in our next 2 league games before then. If we don't I will post on here a most embarassing picture of myself. Your call on your odds . . . .

Lol Vis .....
    scary

Credit to Stevenage yes and a mild rebuke for our lot from the manager and to a few of the players bar Rose , Nelson, Carlo , thats all it was ...COYS!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 06:29