The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
cstmrsking
vis
6 posters

bale

bale Empty bale

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 03:55

Man City lining up sensational £40 Million swoop on Tottenham
    The Daily Mirror is reporting that Man City are lining up a £40 Million offer for Tottenham’s wing wizard, Gareth Bale.

City are hoping to tempt Bale by tripling his wage which would put him among the biggest earners in the Premiership.

Bale himself may well be tempted in to joining City in the event that Tottenham fail to make next seasons Champions League and even then he may still plump for a move to Eastlands with such staggering wages on offer.

City are also willing to somehow include Emmanuel Adebayor in the deal, however his wage demands will continue to be a major stumbling block and the chances are that City will have to pay for Bale in a cash only deal.

It looks like Tottenham Chairman, Daniel Levy, will have a very busy summer ahead of him with Luka Modric also on many a wish list and Tottenham themselves looking to bring in fresh talent.

bale Empty Re: bale

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 03:56

swap for ade and johnson and 30 mill
    and try and keep modric
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat May 05 2012, 05:55

Stick 'em all in the reserves and fook 'em lol. I would take Johnson.Adabaddabdabdab I'm not so sure about and I really don't think he is worth the wages he commands and I also don't think Spurs should offer them to a player of his limited ability . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 06:54

but hes scored more this season then defoe scored last season and crouch conbind plus dont he have loads of assits

cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sat May 05 2012, 07:37

Tottenham will be "finished" if they start offloading top players such as Luka Modric this summer, according to manager Harry Redknapp.

The north London club fought a ferocious battle with Chelsea to hang onto the Croatian last summer and the playmaker looks set to be at the centre of another transfer saga this year, with Manchester City and Paris St Germain the latest clubs linked with the player.

Spurs reluctantly agreed to sell Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Carrick to Manchester United under Martin Jol and there are no shortage of admirers for their current stars like Modric and Gareth Bale, who has reportedly been attracting the attention of Barcelona recently.

Redknapp last week admitted Modric could leave this summer, but has insisted the 26-year-old must stay to prevent the club sliding into obscurity.

"Once you start selling your best players you're finished," Redknapp said. "I don't know why Tottenham should be seen as a club that will sell its best players.

"We are not looking to sell our best players. We are looking to build a team here, not dismantle.

"The chairman made a stance with Modric last year - the stance was that we are looking to build, to add to the group we've got and improve for next year, not to go backwards.

"If we go backwards, we're going nowhere basically are we? We will slump back into mid-table mediocrity and we don't want that."

Modric's future is of particular concern. He fell out with chairman Daniel Levy after he rejected his transfer request and talks between the two over a new deal have stalled.

The player underlined his importance to the club with a blistering strike in Tottenham's 4-1 win at Bolton on Wednesday and Redknapp claims the midfielder is irreplaceable.

He said: "He's just a fantastic player, a great professional and a top bloke, so you want him here.

"He's right up there with the better players in the world.

"You can't replace him. You wouldn't be able to replace him with somebody as good. That's why the other clubs want to buy him - because he is worth the money. But we don't want to sell him.

"We've got to keep all the best players and add to them if we're going to keep progressing."

Redknapp's future has come under the spotlight in the last four months after he was tipped to leave Spurs to take the England manager's job.

A worrying dip in form, and Roy Hodgson's appointment as Three Lions boss, has dampened talk of Redknapp signing an extension to his current deal, which expires next summer, but he is not concerned.

"I have never spoken to anyone about a contract," the 65-year-old said.

"I have not chased Daniel (Levy), and he doesn't have to chase me. I have a contract here still at the moment so there is no problem.

"I am pleased and privileged to be at a club like Tottenham. They're one of the top clubs in country and in Europe. They're a great club to work for so long may it continue."

Having been so heavily backed to take the position of national manager, Redknapp would have been forgiven for holding a grudge for missing out on the job but he has no problem with the Football Association or Hodgson.

"There shouldn't be negativity. We have to move on now," Redknapp said.

"Roy is in place. We have to get behind him and get behind the team and look forward to the Euros.

"We've got good players in this country, some outstanding footballers so I don't see why we cant go and have a great tournament. We just need to get behind Roy and the team. "You will always have your doubters but I'm sure he'll do great and turn those people around."

Redknapp has midfielder Scott Parker fit again for Sunday's trip to Aston Villa - one of two remaining Barclays Premier League games his team must win to stand any chance of leapfrogging Arsenal in to third to guarantee Champions League football next term.

"Third would be lovely but we have to try to win the last two games and see where we finish," Redknapp added.

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 08:12

hes changed hes tune
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat May 05 2012, 08:17

lought, why would you want bale to leave ? who will replace him for the money we would get and who could we attract. the reason we are in 4th and fighting for 3rd is because of players at our club like bale.our team is slowly getting the balance right and with the right additions close season we can push on. if you keep selling and getting new we will forever be treading water in the same position. lets have some stability and add to what we got , not trade like for like.

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 10:11

because bale is the reason we won 1 in 10. he was so poor yet never taken off.

i would sale bale and keep modric because bale 2 hot and cold
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 05 2012, 11:58

Loughtonlegend wrote:because bale is the reason we won 1 in 10. he was so poor yet never taken off.

So you're suggesting that we are a one man team and when Bale doesn't perform we lose.

And your solution is to sell the man you are suggesting is our main game winner?

Lought .... Put the Crack pipe down son ....... put it down!

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 12:38

i would like to keep both but not sure we can but if i had to sell one of them i would sell bale

think hes been averge for a while now
    the trouble with bale is when hes not playing left wing he then hes not very effectiv
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat May 05 2012, 17:10

Loughtonlegend wrote:i would like to keep both but not sure we can but if i had to sell one of them i would sell bale

think hes been averge for a while now
    the trouble with bale is when hes not playing left wing he then hes not very effectiv

That's not Bale, that's Harry.

IMO there is just a little too much 'nurturing' where Bale is concerned. We all know that he is going to be looking for a move in the next 2 to 3 years so why mollycoddle him? Tell him, in no uncertain terms, that he is here for the benefit of the team and club, not vice versa, and that he is required to play in a disciplined manner that utilises his greater strengths rather than pander to his ego.

His 'drifting inside' would be a hugely advantageous weapon if used correctly. To do this, Aitch should be telling him to stick to the wing until he gets the nod from the bench, then he can spend the next 5-10 minutes dragging players around the box until HR tells him to plunder the wing once more. Do that once or twice in a game and the defence won't know its a*se from its elbow.

Smarter coaching, tactics and general management where Bale is concerned, as I see it, and it won't be speculation on whether he is World Class, it will be confirmation.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat May 05 2012, 18:47

Loughtonlegend wrote:because bale is the reason we won 1 in 10. he was so poor yet never taken off.

umm, his header set up the first goal against Blackburn
    and didnt he set up two against Bolton?

sell,sell,sell lets all start again like we have done since ive been supporting Spurs, we refuse to sell Modric and here we are fighting for 3rd place, what does that tell you Lought?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat May 05 2012, 21:45

Spot on ion and dj. Win the next game and the probability is we will get 4th as Newcastle have got City at home and Everton away I can see them losing at least one of those if not both. Of course if we win our last two games we may get third depending how Ar5ena1 get on. If we get CL again it may persuade players to give it one more season with us. Before all the Arry for England bollox we were title contenders. With all that out of the way now and a few additions next season we can be again.

Post by Guest Sat May 05 2012, 23:47

dj im just saying bale has not been at hes best for a while. but hes getting there and playing better of late

think hes confidence is a bit down and needs a goal
    and ion your right harry should tell bale to play wheres best for the team.

if he goes barcelona he will be left back

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content