The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Wasted season EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Wasted season EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Wasted season EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Wasted season EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Wasted season EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Wasted season EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Wasted season EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Wasted season EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Wasted season EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Wasted season Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
BazSpur
vis
philip
shearspur
anicoll5
LOBO
10 posters

Wasted season

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Wasted season Empty Wasted season

Post by LOBO Sun May 20 2012, 09:07

What a bitter pill to swallow

I can't help thinking this is all our doing , redknapp hang your head, I hope now levy fires him seriously , and the question i keep asking myself is will we ever be a big club again .

Yea we have a big history , but today all I see is a club trying to d everything on the cheap , we don't pay wages so we don't get the top players , will we really ever compete with chelski and city ?

WellI don't know about you but I feel like redknapp has screwed us over this season, 15 point lead over arselol at one stage only to throw it away, are we happy with that? , I know im not , do we really want to continue like this , we had it in our hand and threw it away, to say im disgusted is an understatement

Last edited by LOBO on Mon May 21 2012, 03:15; edited 1 time in total
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Wasted season Empty Re: Wasted season

Post by anicoll5 Sun May 20 2012, 09:13

Absolutely Lobby - sack him - you cannot put up with is shite any longer

Get someone in who will guarantee a third place finish

Err ?

Cock
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun May 20 2012, 09:37

no, wipe the blackboard for this season and start again august. its done now so lets look on the positives, we got a good squad with some added additions to come back,caulker, maybe vertongen which will give us a great young looking back four. midfield sorted if keeping players even with one departure {modric ?). up front is where we need to buy. i am gutted tonight but sacking harry is ridiculous who would come in? lets look to the future maybe harry will learn by his mistakes this season. its not all his fault the players need to look at themselves as to why we missed out. 1 more win would have done us, im fed up with looking for the new messiah lets have some consistaincy
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun May 20 2012, 09:56

LOBO wrote:What a bitter pill to swallow
    WellI don't know about you but I feel like redknapp has screwed us over this season, 15 point lead over arselol at one stage only to throw it away, are we happy with that? , I know im not , do we really want to continue like this , we had it in our hand and threw it away, to say im disgusted is an understatement

I agree with you entirely. my boy of 12 was guttede as much as myself he said Dad we really desrve to be in Champions League, the answer is obviously Yes.

I think Rednap should go especially when he was stalling signing the contract thinking that he will get the England Job. That is what affected the players more than anything rlse.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun May 20 2012, 09:59

The players have to take their shame of the blame as well. The same players who will be demanding Chumps League footie next season . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 17:18

f*ck off nic lobo right
    harry wants england job
    but spurs are bigger
    just like arssel chelsea man u man c ect

harry is a cnut please go pleas leavy sack this twat
    even hodgeon cv is bettter

everything harry done wich is good is cos of mistake

come on ion whats ur views wefucked
    13 points
    how do u explain that on

harry rednapp is a cnut and i want him to f*ck off now
    i hate him he lies
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun May 20 2012, 19:02

was abit drunk when i made this thread
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 20 2012, 20:47

I think measured responses are what is needed here. Let the dust settle a bit and then we can have our own inquest on what happened. I was asked yesterday if the players have to take some of the blame. "Of course they do" was my reply. Having said that I will not shy away from saying Arry too has to share a large part of the blame, England and all that and I won't be swayed from that view point. I have gone over it all before as to why I think that and don't feel like going all through it again. It's not just that though his tactics and substitutions his failure to rotate players all played a big part in it.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun May 20 2012, 22:15

Lobby might be right - he might be wrong

What is 100% right is not one of you can name a manager who is remotely available to take over and deliver 3rd place or better

And no Lought Jose is not available

It would be a knee jerk reaction of the daftest kind to jettison Arry with no one to take over

Be my guests
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 20 2012, 23:07

Who knows Nic? There is always someone. We'll have to face that soon anyway. Next season is his last season by all accounts. He only had 3 years. Levy was going to offer him an extension before the England fiasco but then withdrew it as Arry by all accounts showed no interest at the time. Arry himself said recently The offer has not been forthcoming since. Players come and go and so do managers. I won't lose any sleep over Arry going and I won't sit around worrying over who might take over. NO ONE is bigger than the club. I and many others have seen it all before. They come and go. We the supporters will be there when they are long gone. Spurs supporters were beside themselves when Hoddle left. Why? We are still here.Billy Nic, General Burkinshaw, Greaves Gazza all gone but the club goes on. We all know Levy is no mug. He will be weighing up the options.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 21 2012, 03:05

I thought it was just me, but it seems the majority of spurs fans want arry gone , check this out , read the thread and look at the responses , seems im not alone
    http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7512240

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 04:10

sorry nic about my post last night
    i was drunk but sorry for swearing at you

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 04:10

We were 2 points of the top in January and we fail to qualify and you dont blame Redknapp?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 21 2012, 05:01

No problem Lought Wink

If I had been a Spuds fan last night by language would have been a lot worse
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 05:17

I thought that weren't like you Lought. That's why I didn't pull you up on it.

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 05:43

cheers baz. i drunk so much last night

def wont be drinkin for a while Very Happy
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 05:51

No probs mate.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon May 21 2012, 07:33

[b[/b]YEAH BAZ WHEN I SIT DOWN AND REFLECT ABOUT THE SEASON I REALLY FEEL IT WAS A WASTED SEASON OK WE PLAYED SOME GREAT STUFF BUT AT THE BUSINESS END OF THE SEASON WE WERE FOUND OUT AGAIN AS ISAID EARLIER WE COULD HAVE DONE A LOT MORE IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER MARKET THE CAHILL SITUATION SUMMED IT ALL UP LEVY JUST HAD TO UP THE MONEY AND HE WAS OURS AND WE ENDED UP WITH NELSEN AND SAHA THIS IS A TEAM WITH A REALISTIC CHANCE OF THE TITLE THE WAY WE WERE PLAYING FOR GODS SAKE JUST PAY THE FEE FOR A PROVEN GOALSCORER TO ADD TO DEFOE ADEBAYOR WE ENDED UP WITH 3 FORWARDS AND NO PLAN B C OR D WHEN THE SHT HIT THE FAN FEEL VERY ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT No
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 21 2012, 08:10

Peader my friend I think how you feel sums it up for the vast majority of Spurs fans . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 08:13

REPPED Peader my friend.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 21 2012, 08:26

lets be honest here, we finished 4th, and if chelsea had lost last night we would all be pretty happy now and looking at this season from a different angle.the england thing f*cked us up in the head of players, i dont know why but it did, so considering the crumbling of our season i was amazed we got 4th. deep down you just knew chelsea would do it so im not suprised, thats our luck as usual.think back a few years and we have come on fantastically, and when you reach higher the dissapointments are more devastating when you dont get there but im content knowing we are getting there gradually rather than mid table crap we used to be served up season after season. we still have that weak underbelly and im sure teams fancy their chances against us, but going in against the likes of a*se and chelski i dont have the same fear as i used to not so long ago so somethings going right imo.lets not put to much of a damper on a decent season.bet you would have taken 4th at start of season, just happened this year it wasnt what it said on the tin. spurs luck im affraid.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 21 2012, 08:35

Shear as always you speak heapum much sense. Yes I suppose we should be happy with 4th, an FA Cup semi in which the Ref robbed us & yet, yet and yet again. We were 13 points clear in 3rd yet finished a point behind in 4th. 14 points dropped. The equivilant of 5 games. Yup progress has been made yet it stumbled so badly through late winter & early spring. I just hope the lessons have been learned and all concerned move forwards again next season . . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 21 2012, 08:56

cheers vis, but theres nothing we the humble fans can do about it except place our trust in the powers that be who run our club. keep the faith mate. i am dissapointed like everyone but we need to look forward or all this negativity will consume us.its like were born into this dissapointment lol, im sitting here now in my spurs shirt listening to youtube music reminicing , but also looking forward to next season. just wish i had faith in us taking the uefa cup seriously but we wont.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 21 2012, 09:08

I want the Europa cup next season. Just to prove a point. I know many think it is a to football consuming trophy to chase but I want Spurs to chase European glory again . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 09:21

its good enought for both manchester clubs

they didnt put a weak team out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 16:37