The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
the real problem EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
the real problem EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
the real problem EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
the real problem EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
the real problem EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
the real problem EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
the real problem EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
the real problem EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
the real problem EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

the real problem Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
totalytot
shearspur
7 posters

the real problem

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

the real problem Empty the real problem

Post by shearspur Sun Feb 02 2014, 10:11

is keep buying to many players for the same positions. they never give a player they bring in a decent chance to fit in with the style of play. theres to much chop and change with players and its been going on for years now at spurs. they want an instant fix from whoever they get for a certain position and if its not achieved within 3-5 games that player is dropped and the next player in that position is put in to try and so on and on. its a totally unrealistic way to carry on, the players have no confidence, always looking over their shoulder wondering will they be dropped if they make mistakes. its great having a big squad in case of injuries or suspensions but how long has it been since we or the manager has known our best team and kept to it for match after match after match.....years I would guess. Until they stop this method we will never progress , it will just carry on with us buying players with good reputations and destroying them and seeing them want to leave. capoue is just the latest to be dissilusioned and holtby another out on loan prob wont return. chadli will be next. im honestly amazed players want to sign for us anymore.

the real problem Empty Re: the real problem

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02 2014, 12:07

yep we wont see holtby again. how can it help going to a team in a relegation battle.
    and if dembele and sandro not been injurid then capoue would of been sold.

lamela 30mill and hes not started 1 prem game at home.
    people say hes a flop but how can he be when hes never had to games consectivuly.

yet players like lennon dawson walker never get dropped.

avb had it spot on with our away formation but never sorted out the home form.

451 with the clever players in the midfield.
    why is erikson pushed out to the left. hes our best midfeilder. our new modric.

lloris
    walker verts chirches rose
    sandro capue
    lamela erikson chadli
    ade

erikson and lamela dont just run for the sake of it, they can play clever passes.

lennon should be used as inpact sub when the game is stretched so he can uses hes pace
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Feb 02 2014, 22:22

The biggest problem is not buying the right players in the first place so consequently they get dropped after a few games.

Players like Chadli, Capoue, Soldado are totally overated and were in my opinion a total waste of money. I agree that Lamela has not been given many consecutive league games but he has had a few games in all tournaments and hasn't shown anything to warrent 30 mil.

Our problem is not the chopping and changing but getting the right players in from the start and it doesn't seem we have anybody at the club that knows who they are.

Any body could see in the summer all we needed was 3 players of real quality and we could have got them and had change from what we spent.

Haveing said all that I admit that I was like the rest of us and creaming my self with the influx of players and telling the world that we are coming to get you. But like any fan I trusted the powers to be that they knew what they were doing and had bought wisely but I was wrong.

It is going to be a long road back and I wouldn't be surprised with no champions league next season our top players will leave. Like Paulinio, Sandro, Lloris, Walker  and Vert. and then it's another building process but by that time all the other clubs will have gone right passed us.

I take no pleasure in saying this but to me the future is certainly not "Orange"

I will support my club as I have done for the last 60 odd years but I think we have missed a golden opportunity that started with so much potential about 4 or 5 seasons ago and has fizzled out by bad management.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 03 2014, 00:36

Go back 7 years and we were being managed by The Godfather and although we weren't winning trophies there was an air of expectancy and the team were playing good football and we almost got CL if it were not for Lasagne gate. We had a manager who loved Spurs and the fans loved him. I loved those days but now we seem to be in the doldrums again.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Feb 03 2014, 00:55

It seems to me that the club is in greater turmoil than it appears. Sherwood is nothing more than a caretaker despite the 18 month contract and that leaves the players in doubt as to their future. As Mikey says it looks like some of them will be off in the summer unless we get CL which seems less and less likely. Almost every player in the squad was linked to transfer in the press during January and although the media are total tossers, nothing said by anyone at the club dispels the rumours.
    Agreed Baz when we missed CL in big Marts season everything started to go downhill, despite the Harry years.
    At the moment I don't actually enjoy going to games, which after 60 odd years is a first.
    Maybe it is time for Enic to sell up so we can move on.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 03 2014, 01:28

Maybe it is time for Enic to sell up so we can move on.

Funny that Seebee. Loads of posts on facebook saying it's time for Levy and co to go. Problem is I can't see them selling up until the new stadium is built. Then and only then do I believe they will sell.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 03 2014, 03:02

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is losing patience with Tim Sherwood as head coach and has lined up Dutchman Louis van Gaal, 62, to replace the 44-year-old

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-next-tottenham-3102203?#.Uu16Mj1_vzg

Only meeja talk but hey ho this is darling Daniel . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 03 2014, 03:07

so they will have to pay Sherwood off surely after giving him a contract, what a shambles if its true.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Feb 03 2014, 04:03

problems

1. backroom staff . ferdinand,ect - need new blood.

2. scouting network. I heard we dont have one . which strange if true.

3. pressing as a team or closing down.

4. takes to long to get our targets ie. left back , stirker ect.

5. levy offered tim money for players but said squad was good enough tim even after 4 big defeats this year. we was crying out for a left back at least .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Feb 03 2014, 21:02

Agreed Baz
    So much of the future of the club seems to rest on the building of the new stadium and if Enic can deliver that then they will have done their best and as an investment company, will probably sell up and move on to the next one.
    Hopefully we will fare better than Rangers did.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

the real problem Empty Anotherv wasted season

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 04 2014, 00:28

Sorry this should have been in the section "The real problem" I clicked the wrong heading. If somebody could move it that would be great.

It's the waste of the last few seasons that looked like we were about to crack it that angers me.

Not seeing that a top striker was needed 3 seasons ago that would have brought us more goals and top 4 and CL. Then when we did we bought a second rate one in Soldado when we could have got Negredo, who I might add were the first to look at him 3 years ago and he was 6 mil less than Soldado.

We knew that we needed a left back and still  didn't get one. Modric and Van De Vart should have been replaced the minute they left. But we bought 7 players of which 4 or 5 we didn't need.

There is no point Levy getting angry with his managers as he picked them and the blame lay with him.

There is talk of Van Gal but he is 64 now and is he the answer? I'm not sure.

The point is who would you want or more to the point who could we get. I personally would take a punt on Laudrup and he seems fed up at Swansea so could be available. Also he would want to pick his own players and not leave it to Baldini, who must be getting a back hander for picking some of his buys and at those prices.

No I think it's back to the old days until as somebody said we get a new stadium and Enic sell the club.

The thing is about those days we didn't expect to much and any joy with a great cup run or the chance of Europa league we settled for.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Feb 04 2014, 03:16

Post moved for you Mikey . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 04 2014, 09:02

vis wrote:Post moved for you Mikey . . . . .

Thanks Vis.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Feb 05 2014, 02:42

Yes we have problems at the club, quite a few problems, but it can be fixed, just not overnight, fans need to be patient. The team has been completely changed from last year, and on top of that problem, the manager has been changed to.

I'm worried, but not that worried. I still believe the team will click at some point, maybe not this Season, but next Season we will see a more stable side, where the players get to know each other and will play more attractive football because we have the players who are more than capable, we just need an experienced Manager to sort it out. Tim is doing well, but unfortunately is not the answer for me.

The problem we have at the moment, is players are suffering from a confidence issue, because our previous managers man management style affected the players and stopped them from performing to the best of their abilities. The players didnt know if they would be in the team for the next match, to much rotation from avb. I think Tim identified this and is trying to keep a stable side, but i think he suffers in training the guys and getting them working together, which is showing on the pitch. The team has no shape, to many gaps on the pitch and the passing is all over the place, theres no tactics or penetration. Tim is relying on the players to work that out for themselves, but thats not how its done, its upto the manager to organise the team and the players and then we will become a much more stable side with confidence and become more creative. This is where an experienced world class manager can make the difference.

A lot of fans are worried about whether the new signings will stay on next Season, of course they will, its only their first Season and with the introduction of a new experienced manager this will help and the players will look forwards to a new Season with confidence, because thats our main problem at the moment, confidence. We had this confidence a few Seasons ago under Harry due to his experience and most importantly his man management skills, because he dealt with players indivdually and got the whole squad playing as a team, collective attacking football and when players are happy they perform on the pitch, and we did so well in that era we went onto qualifying for the champions league.

The players need guidence which they're not getting at the moment, thats why we're not performing and with a world class manager this will all change and the man for the job is Louis van Gaal which i believe will be introduced as the new Spurs Manager after the World Cup in the Summer.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Feb 05 2014, 06:03

I admire your confidence Dave but I'm afraid I don't agree. I think 2 or 3 players will leave if we don't get CL. LLoris has virtually said so in a french paper and do you honestly believe Paulinio will stay around after the World Cup with no CL I don't think so. Walker has been mentioned with interest from Italy.

Sorry I think the team will break up with no success and we wont get top players coming with nothing to offer.

No we missed the boat 2 or 3 seasons ago with bad management from above and another season is not going to make this a better side especially with the emergence of Everton and Liverpool.

Mikey M

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Feb 05 2014, 06:38

Don't agree that it's the fans over-expectation or lack of patience DJ. It's Levy who hasn't allowed any foundations to be built. Few bad results, he panics and sacks the manager and never learns from his mistakes . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Feb 05 2014, 07:59

So Laudraup is sacked for poor results? Hmmmm bet darlin' Daniel is interested . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07 2014, 09:58

i felt he wanted the sack. hes heart not been in it this season. he wanted a bigger job
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Feb 07 2014, 20:58

Is that the right way to go about it though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 09:48