The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Where did it all go wrong? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Where did it all go wrong? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Where did it all go wrong? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Where did it all go wrong? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
LOBO
LOVELOVEROCKET
cstmrsking
shearspur
BazSpur
9 posters

Where did it all go wrong?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Where did it all go wrong? Empty Where did it all go wrong?

Post by BazSpur Sun May 20 2012, 20:50

A good discussion please people. No screaming and insults please. Let's see what we come up with.

Discuss.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Where did it all go wrong? Empty Re: Where did it all go wrong?

Post by shearspur Sun May 20 2012, 21:30

man city away, that was a hard defeat to take. bad decisions against us and ballotelli with that winning penalty for them when he shouldnt have been on the pitch, sickening defeat. we had some good wins after but then the arsenal defeat after being 2 nil up was catastrophic for us. the bubble and hype from some of our players had popped.utd at home we capitulated as soon as the first went in at a bad time.end of the day were in the europa league now so can we please try and WIN it. its a european trophy at the end of the day and i would be over the moon to win it.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun May 20 2012, 22:01

Where did it go wrong. Was it ever right. I'm not just looking at the season gone but over the last 10 years.
    The top 4 or 5 has very much remained the same with the exception of City.

It's about patterns of behaviour a mind sets that clubs adopt.
    A winning mentality as well money helps. Man U, Chels, Arsenal for example.

Spurs, over the last 10 yrs have alway been the nearly team promising to deliver much, but never doing so.

If we had unlimited funds, would things be different?

2011 / 12 Redknapps reign. I think Harry is a good trouble shooter Manager. (Huddini) We have seen him do it in the past. Takes a job on gets out of the sh it. Just take a look at his peronal life. The Mans as crafty as a bag of Monkeys.

Heres the thing. Getting there is one thing. Maintaining is another.

Harry was drafted in to get us out of our situation. Job Done.How Many times have we heard Harry Say, when I took over, the club was in position X from the bottom.It's like he is saying I done my Job.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 20 2012, 22:14

Man City definately was the catalyst for our troubles this season but there were other matches that f*cked us up. The Stoke game where the ref f*cked us over badly, the Arsenal game, 2-0 up and we let them back into it. Some Arsenal fans on facebook were saying they left at 2-0 as they thought they were going to get a hiding. The Villa game, why? why? why did he bring Parker on when we was screaming out for Defoe. There are lots of other reasons.

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 23:11

The 5-2 result against the goons was the downer on a good season, from there we lost our way completely and by the time we got going again the goons had raced ahead of us after being behind for most of the season.
    The talk at the time was that we were the top north london side, although i never quite believed it until 38 games had been played.
    That result affected the players, it was insulting, while it sapped the confidence of our players it proved a springboard for the goons season.
    It didnt help that harry looked like he was leaving for england.
    Other factors were the lack of a regular striker, perhaps levy might get jellavic of everton with our midfield player staying on there as part of the deal.
    the central defender position needs sorting, gallas was brilliant for one season, dawson is permanently injured, king is half the player he was which leaves us with kaboul , he needs a regular and capable partner.
    Thats it really. lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 20 2012, 23:13

Caulker? I think we would also benefit from a fit Thudd.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun May 20 2012, 23:52

defence just not good enough . ledly not been in much this season is it about time to let him go ? class but we need a w/class player every week at back ! lennon just not cut it either been average now for 3 seasons.... due to last night our grade of new signings gone doiwn a notch.... and plyers will want to leave .but will find that not alwys the grass is greeener on the other side..... do we sell bale lennon modric and cash in and rebuild or will arry convince them to stay which will take some doing.....

will arry spent over 15m on 1 player ? without selling ? doubt it.

will arry still buy free / loans and say we can get 3rd on decent players ? prob.

and after 3 heavy defeats by 5 goals did you really want c/league group stage against the crop of europe khowing that with the current buch results would be hard to get anyway !

next season window will make / break spurs and im just hoping c/league wasnt a 1 season wonder..... rant over.... No

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun May 20 2012, 23:56

Quite a few on facebook saying we should make a concerted effort to win the Europa League.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon May 21 2012, 00:13

to many games to win europa best to play the yongsters again, to get 3rd you to spent city utd chavs have loads money . so realistic they should be top 3 every year. we are in with arsenal toon pool .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 21 2012, 00:46

Even a Blind man can see it was arry for England that was the cause of our down turn in form , being a manager of a club is like a marriage between that person at the chairmen who has put faith in the man, and the team are the children to be guided and told what right and wrong .

Now what arry as gone and done is put himself in the window , to put it another way hes married to spurs but is eyeing up the women down the rd , and if she flashes a bit of leg and gives it the come on arry will dump spurs for the new girl.

well it didnt happen did it arry, I won't ever forgive him, the scoundrel
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Mon May 21 2012, 01:14

[b]where did it all go wrong the same old thing every season not being able win at chelsea utd and arsenal not believing we can win at these grounds how many of us when we play utd at old trafford feel we r beat before we start this has to change and we need big investment in the transfer market this year all respect to saha and ryan nelsen but its really not good enough for a club who need to push on
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 21 2012, 01:42

Just a thought red knapp has got us 4th twice now when in the prem has anyone done that? Yes some of his tactics were odd but never really been in charge of a top club before. So his learning too. And as for loughts rant earlier calling him a Cnut and wanting him to die was well out of order
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 01:54

And as for loughts rant earlier calling him a Cnut and wanting him to die was well out of order

That sounded like facebook talk Dave. That's how they carry on, on there. That's why I said I didn't want any screaming and insults on this thread.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 21 2012, 01:59

Well, my oppinion for what it is worth is that we like to think we are a big club but we are not. When you think of the squad Harry has and what he has achieved, have we improved since we got two fifth spots with the squad Jol had, infact I would say that because he did not have the players Harry had Jols two fifths was a bigger achievement. Now we have failed to get into the Champions League my fear is that we will not attract the players we need to make an impact on the top three and also that we might see Newcastle and Everton become a big threat to us. I think if Harry does not get us into the top three next season he should go. Next season will be tough, United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton, we might struggle to get into the top six imo, keep Bale and Modric and I believe this will be the difference between success and failure.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 02:09

I agree Len. Jol worked wonders with the squad he had and we really should have done better with this squad of players. Jol seems to be doing a fair job at fulham makes you wonder how he would have done with us now?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 21 2012, 02:51

peader50 wrote:where did it all go wrong the same old thing every season not being able win at chelsea utd and arsenal not believing we can win at these grounds how many of us when we play utd at old trafford feel we r beat before we start this has to change and we need big investment in the transfer market this year all respect to saha and ryan nelsen but its really not good enough for a club who need to push on

Every season same old bollox where man u are concerned , beaten before the game started and the only time we did beat them the goal was not given

djfitzo wrote:Just a thought red knapp has got us 4th twice now when in the prem has anyone done that? Yes some of his tactics were odd but never really been in charge of a top club before. So his learning too. [b]And as for loughts rant earlier calling him a Cnut and wanting him to die was well out of order

LOL true a bit over the top, arry is 65 now so this learning curb where's it all leading to , arry will be retired in 5 years, not many managers go beyond 70 ,is arry the future idon't think he is we should really be looking at getting a younger manager for the long term , look at ferguson and wenger both have been at respective clubs for years and were pretty young in managerial terms when they started

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 04:42

i think its a bit of both

harry letting there players play where they want
    the only time he freshens the team up is when someone injuird

look at parker and modric in the middle for 10 games and we only won 1 then parker gets a nock and sandro comes in and we start to play better again.

whats the betting if harry here next season parker takes sandro place again

then in january we 2 points off the top and we buy a striker who hadnt scored in 17 games for everton and nelson

plus we let pinnar and pav go. both players who can do a job.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 05:12

Wasn't impressed with Pienaar personally. He goes back to Everton and turns in good performances again.

Post by Guest Mon May 21 2012, 05:45

yep im not a lover of hes either but could of given bale a break.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 21 2012, 06:03

LOBO wrote:

Now what arry as gone and done is put himself in the window , to put it another way hes married to spurs but is eyeing up the women down the rd , and if she flashes a bit of leg and gives it the come on arry will dump spurs for the new girl.

well it didnt happen did it arry, I won't ever forgive him, the scoundrel

LOL Love it Lob's. He's a bounder & a cad sir !
    Redknapp has been found out a bit this season. He has struggled and at times looked like a rabbit in the headlights. 100% agree with Lobo about his head being turned. Some players are at fault as well. From playing with freedom and artistry to feeling just turning up was enough. They certainly believed the hype, the fools. All told I have to blame Redknapp though as some of his decision making with regards to subs & altering tactics cost us at least the 2 points we required for 3rd. Saying that if Levy decides he is the man for next season then so be it. He will have my support for as long as he deserves it. I also hope that the players who think C/L football is all the deserve realise that if they couldn't acheive it for Spurs this season what makes them think the C/L deserves them ? I'm sure there is an internal inquest taking place and I just hope the right lessons are learnt . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 06:42

Absolutely Vis. I am sure there is as you say an enquiry going on as to how this happened. From a position of being 13 points in the lead to Arsenal finishing 1 point in front of us is fecking disgusting and it should never have happened. Nowt we can do now though so we just have to take it on the chin move on. I hope Arry has learned a lesson from this but my fear is he is too long in the tooth and set in his ways to learn the real lessons from it.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon May 21 2012, 07:11

I reckon Harry was running a betting Scam.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 21 2012, 08:15

cstmrsking wrote:I reckon Harry was running a betting Scam.

Lol Kingy. Where did it all go wrong? 348204
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 21 2012, 08:23

Wonder if he paid the tax on it Where did it all go wrong? 350447 Where did it all go wrong? 99038 Where did it all go wrong? 799219 . . . . . . .
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon May 21 2012, 08:48

Its all about the InPlay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 22:51