The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
anicoll5
LOBO
peader50
seebee1944
totalytot
BazSpur
10 posters

Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks.

Post by Boltjean Fri Jun 08 2012, 01:25

Oh dear, who do I go for here?, good points made by both Shear and Baz, only one way to decide who I go for, FIGHT!!!. Thank you for your responce to my post Peader. I remember when Bill Nicholson took over the reigns at Spurs, he had never managed a club before, he struggled a bit to beging with but was given the chance to prove that he was the man for the job. He never made remarks to the media, just got on with the job of making this club great. He was a gentleman and had the respect of the fans. Jol reminded me of Bill and given the time and the freedom to bring in the players he wanted I think he could have achieved just as much as Harry. When Jol got us to 5th place twice he did not blow his own trumpet, he kept a low profile and when I saw him sitting on the bench the night he knew he had been sacked I could have cried for him, gutted. Now we are all going on about Harry, I can not stand him for the reasons expressed by Baz and others, but as Shear has stated, who is there to take his place and do as good a job as Harry if not better. A case of better the Devil you know. Still want him to go though unless he can learn to keep his mouth shut.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks. - Page 2 Empty Re: Harry Redkapps comments were Scandalous. A Spurs fan speaks.

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 08 2012, 01:51

Oh dear, who do I go for here?, good points made by both Shear and Baz, only one way to decide who I go for, FIGHT!!!.

Great post Mr Hill er sorry Len lol.. Repped.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Fri Jun 08 2012, 02:22

Boltjean wrote:Oh dear, who do I go for here?, good points made by both Shear and Baz, only one way to decide who I go for, FIGHT!!!. Thank you for your responce to my post Peader. I remember when Bill Nicholson took over the reigns at Spurs, he had never managed a club before, he struggled a bit to beging with but was given the chance to prove that he was the man for the job. He never made remarks to the media, just got on with the job of making this club great. He was a gentleman and had the respect of the fans. Jol reminded me of Bill and given the time and the freedom to bring in the players he wanted I think he could have achieved just as much as Harry. When Jol got us to 5th place twice he did not blow his own trumpet, he kept a low profile and when I saw him sitting on the bench the night he knew he had been sacked I could have cried for him, gutted. Now we are all going on about Harry, I can not stand him for the reasons expressed by Baz and others, but as Shear has stated, who is there to take his place and do as good a job as Harry if not better. A case of better the Devil you know. Still want him to go though unless he can learn to keep his mouth shut.
    martin jol never had a chance with that clown (as pool discovered) comolli dealing behind his back
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 08 2012, 04:13

len, the great bill nick was from a different era where i presume there wasnt a microphone shoved under his mouth everytime spurs played . there just wasnt the media coverage we have now with the papers and sky and sports channels following top managers around for a snippet here and a quote there. i dont agree with harrys comments all the time it annoys me as well but now i just try to take them for what they are, yesterdays news. as long as were challenging on the pitch thats all we need to worry about.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Fri Jun 08 2012, 05:12

But we did not challenge Shear, we threw point's away like confetti for a couple of month's and it was not untill the last few games of the season that we started picking them up again. I can not imagine had the likes of Wenger or Ferguson been the Spurs manager that this would have happend, infact I have a friend who is a United supporter who said that had Ferguson been in charge he might have won the Premiership with our squad. Harry lost the plot big time, we gained ground on Arsenal and Chelsea and were in a position to pose a threat to City and United, what more of an insentive did the players and manager need to give there all for the remaining two or three month's of the season. We fell apart and Harry could not controll the team when we went into free fall, not the sign of a very good manager imo.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 08 2012, 05:32

i think we did challege, albeit for a short period, at one point a few on here were wondering could it be possible for us to do it. had it not been for the england debacle and harry taking his eye off the ball who knows.he cant be a bad manager for getting us into that position in the first place imo.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 08 2012, 05:55

Ferguson threw an eight point lead away against Citeh with five games to go Len

It happens

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 08 2012, 05:59

You might be right Shear but mate, a good manager does not take his eye off the ball like that. Keegan did it at Newcastle and quite rightly got crucified for it. Any team that are 13 points clear in 3rd place in February should still be there or even higher come May.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08 2012, 06:14

harry didnt have that desire to take us further
    he was content with 4th

we settled for draws in games we should of won
    aston villa and liverpool to name a few
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 08 2012, 06:16

true baz but the england job becoming available were exceptional circumstances, and harry like all of us thought he was a shoe in for the job, so for us to believe that anybody in that position can just carry on as normal without being distracted by it is very naive by us.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 08 2012, 06:23

Maybe Shear but as Lought has quite rightly pointed out once that had died down he had the chance to make amends and still get 3rd, in fact all we needed to do was win the Villa game and we were home. The strangest decision in that game was bringing on Parker for VDV. He should have gone for it by bringing on JD.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 08 2012, 06:51

And if you had lost the Villa game, as you were down to 10 men, even 4th might have been beyond you
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 08 2012, 07:37

Unfortunately Redknapp has been found out this season. I have said, before even Cappello resigned, that Redknapp would be swayed by the Ing-Ger-Land job and he was. How about the support Spurs gave him through his tax evasion court case? The rousing support given to him by the fans against the Barcodes after his case ended and the meeja flirted with him to take on Ing-Ger-Land? The rsponse of the players in a 5-0 destruction of the Barcodes? All of this and yet still he allowed the thrill of national job to loosen his knicker elastic. Why did he not then repay the support from Spurs and state what his true intentions were? If he had have been offered and taken the Ing-Ger-Land job I would not have held it against him, I would have congratulated him. But no he teased & toyed, tempted & trolloped himself across the press and took his eye off the job he should have been doing & was being paid to do. Managing Spurs. He has been found out tactically as well. His disintrest in the Europa was an insult to me as a fan. His use of players when unfit instead of showing faith in "finge" players. Maybe this has lead to the loss of players like Kranky. He seems to have favourites and that can't be healthy when you need squad unity to push on further. At times he chooses the wrong formation to start against certain teams then looks like a rabbit in the headlights when it comes to changing things during a game. His use of substitutes is baffling at the very least. We need goals against an awful Villa side yet he brings on a holding midfielder, also carrying an injury, when even with 10 men we are all over them? Found out big time, but as I stated in a previous thread if he is still manager at the start of the new season he would have my support. How long for I can't say. Maybe he can learn to engage his brain at times before making some of his less advised comments? He isn't a stupid man for sure. If he can learn from some of the tactical mistakes he made last season and look to include rather then exclude players outside of his "inner-circle" then that support for him will continue and perhaps began to grow again . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jun 08 2012, 07:48

vis i remember when he first joined us he was very tactically aware and did make changes when we were losing or drawing games that turned into wins. this was new to us because everyone knew once we went down one or two that was it, no recovery, but he changed all that. the arsenal away game one comes to mind. i dont know why he lost that all of a sudden but i agree with you he did seem like it.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 08 2012, 08:04

Agree completely Shear. Last season he seemed to forget that skill. And I still think it was to do with Ing-Ger-Land. Maybe it was decisions made jointly by him & the coaching staff and he lost a bit of respect with his colleagues? Thats something that is purely my own thought . . . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 08 2012, 08:16

He may have " lost" it chaps because of instead of being a shambolic troupe of half wits in white shirts when he took over who the opposition underestimated when Arry too over ( and you were a state)

The opposition started taking you slightly more seriously and Arry's allegedly genius tactical changes were irrelevant

As I think Arry said himself before February if these genius tactical switches was what it was all about why was he so stupid to start the game with a different players and / or formation ?
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jun 08 2012, 08:25

Nic I'm sure you will be looking forward to Mr Redknapp taking over at your club when the ole myopic one finally loses the plot and has to be taken away drooling in a white jacket with sleeves that wrap around from the rear? Let's be honset 'onest 'arry seems to linked with any vacant job in football at the moment . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 08 2012, 08:36

Do you see any pattern Vis

Martin Jol - the most successful manager in the Enic ownership of the club suffers a disrupted Summer after his 5th place finish with doubts about the security of his job and clandestine meetings with potential new Spuds managers

Arry - actually by a fair margin the most successful manager under the dubious stewardship of ENic embarks upon his current Summer break with exactly the same cloud hovering

I firmly suspect Arry is out

And who knows - who knows at all who the next geezer might be ?

You really havent a clue what is going on have you ?

Lucky I am here to point out the next stage in the farce
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 08 2012, 08:40

Is this where Lought enters and tells you DL should get in Jose ?

lmao

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08 2012, 09:22

i said if we didnt get champions league then theres no way jose will come

but nic your wrong about what you said earlyer about if harry had gone for it aganst a poor villa side we might of lost then lose 4th spot

our goal differnce on newcastle was about 20 plus
    theres no way unless we lost our last game 10 0 and newcastle won that we would of lost 4th spot

thats why that point did not matter.
    yet 3 meant so much more.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Jun 08 2012, 19:24

Loughtonlegend wrote:i said if we didnt get champions league then theres no way jose will come

but nic your wrong about what you said earlyer about if harry had gone for it aganst a poor villa side we might of lost then lose 4th spot

our goal differnce on newcastle was about 20 plus
    theres no way unless we lost our last game 10 0 and newcastle won that we would of lost 4th spot

thats why that point did not matter.
    yet 3 meant so much more.

From what I recall of that afternoon of your Villa game Newcastle were playing Citeh at the same time in a game that Toon could have taken three points from or one point
    - either of which results would have messed up your hopes of a CL spot if you had lost to Villa

And if that had happened Lought you know as well as I do that you would have been on here digging out Arry for not trying to at least retain a point at Villa Shocked
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jun 08 2012, 22:48

If pots and pans etc.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 09 2012, 00:24

thing is now , imagine if levy dont give him a new contract, so we have a manager going into his final year its just going to be a shambles. is he going to be commited to spurs for that final year ? are we going to let him identify players and let him buy them ? what is the point. yeah he made some mistakes, maybe hes learnt by them, who knows. we all hate his love affair with the media , maybe levy should tell him to leave out all the comments.were not doing badly under him so far, lets give him a little longer unless we want to start all over again with yet another new manager. not for me thanks. there no one out there available than harry imo.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:11

Has he been offered a new contract Shear?
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:46

dont think so yet baz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 02:07