The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
MarkA249
thfc4us
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
Boltjean
vis
10 posters

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Empty Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11 2012, 03:25

lloris
    walker galas caulker jan
    lennon sandro dembelle bale
    dempsey ade,

vis
    vis

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C.

Post by vis Tue Oct 16 2012, 03:07

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg Versus Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. 190px-Chelsea_FC.svg

At

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.5041235777814819&pid=15

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Index.php?title=File:Premier_League

Saturday 20/10/2012

Kick Off @ 1245 BST
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Oct 17 2012, 01:04

This is going to be one hell of a game, and to close to call imo. Having said that, if we go at them from the off like we did against United then we will be in with a shout. I can only see one goal in it, 2-1 to us or them. Is this the kind of game we should risk playing Lloris Lought?, he has not been given enough Premiership games to settle in imo and I believe we should go for Friedel in goal. I agree with Ade starting with Dempsey, Ade does give us that bit of hight and weight up front. I think the team will give there all for AVB, not just to get back at them for the way he was kicked out by Chelsea, but to also send to them a message which says, in AVB we have one of the best managers in the Premiership, a manager that is going to take us to the new hights.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 17 2012, 02:05

Spot on Len, we really should be up for this and I will be surprised if we aren't. AVB will be desperate to beat Chavski after everything that happened. Let's hope the team do him proud and as you say, send out a message to the rest of the Prem.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 07:29

England game now re-arranged for Wednesday at 4pm ...

If Defoe plays , Ade more likely for Saturday?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 07:31

Watching Spain v France ...Hugo has been the best player for the French with a couple of good saves and a Fabregas penalty save too.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Oct 17 2012, 07:41

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4656638652778014&pid=15 Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. 220px-Blod%2C_svette_%E2%80%93_og_1_tann_mindre%E2%80%9D_%28Blood%2C_sweat_%E2%80%93_and_one_tooth_short%29
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4938869532328453&pid=15
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4881690639075237&pid=15
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4983812047308454&pid=15 Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4914340998546269&pid=15
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4587781755176708&pid=15 Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4938233888769981&pid=15
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4810115021080124&pid=15
    Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.5024021568095326&pid=15
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:03

Gawd I hate this lot..

This more than just a football match.

This is about

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4873500149679524&pid=15

It's about justice.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=H.4741532993389317&pid=15

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4863664678176498&pid=15

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4857475616146970&pid=15

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4990628176462385&pid=15

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Article-2218036-15836FD5000005DC-358_634x375
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:15

It's about "ghost goals" & cheating and about time a Ref showed some fairness in decision making in this fixture . . . . .

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:17

Gawd I hate this lot..

This more than just a football match.

Me too Arnie. sh*t club, sh*t fans, sh*t owner. SCUM.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:33

Yep , Baz...I remember the away days at the Bridge was always a nasty feel .. Same when they came to the Lane. Spammers and them always worse than when we played the Gooners, well for me at least...

By the way ,who's the ref for this one ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:37

I don't think he's playing , suspended ?

but ....

John Terry is a racist
    He wears a Nazi hat
    His Dad will sell you Charlie
    And his Mum will rob your flat
    Smile

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4754894624784550&pid=15
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:41

You're so right Baz ...

This is openly the kind of going ons at the Bridge...

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.4609866464757143&pid=15
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Oct 17 2012, 08:45

AVB showing the passion lol
    Come On You Spurs !!!!!!!!

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. QNO3U

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17 2012, 09:56

dembelle went off at half time. hope it was just tactical sub
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Oct 18 2012, 06:27

ArnieArdiles wrote:

AVB showing the passion lol
    Come On You Spurs !!!!!!!!

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. QNO3U

The Chelski head-hunters offer AVB out.
    Scary stuff . . . . .

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 19 2012, 02:10

I'm hearing , Mike Dean is the Ref .

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. Th?id=I.5063062799844738&pid=15

Dean was the subject of debate over a decision he made in a Premier League fixture between Newcastle United and Chelsea on 3 December 2011. In the fourth minute of the match, he adjudged Chelsea centre-back David Luiz to have fouled Newcastle's Demba Ba when the striker was through on goal. Newcastle manager Alan Pardew later said he "expected" Luiz to be sent off for committing a professional foul, but "couldn't fathom" why Dean opted to show Luiz only a yellow card.[12] Pardew subsequently said that Dean had admitted to him that the failure to send-off Luiz was "a mistake". Chelsea went on to win the game 3-0
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Oct 19 2012, 06:13

From Vitalfootball.co.uk
    A Chelski perspective . . . . . .

After a two week break, for international football, our Premier League season resumes with a tasty little trip to White Hart Lane, to take on a Tottenham side managed by a certain Andre Villas-Boas.

Naturally, the Portuguese manager will be desperately keen to get one over on his former employers by inflicting, upon us, our first Premier League defeat of the season.

And, as games go, there`s also the small matter of Spurs being more than a trifle miffed that our marvelous exploits, in the Allianz Arena, back in May, deprived them of a much-coveted Champions League place this season.

No doubt White Hart Lane will be fired up for this clash, with Andre Villas-Boas` backside scraping on the turf as he squats in that familiar position trying to analyze where it`s all going wrong whilst his former #2, Roberto Di Matteo, looks on serenely as the new-style Chelsea, a style that has elevated to the top-of-the-table, search for a second win in North London in a matter of weeks.

Vital Quotes:

There`s no knowing for sure what will happen on Saturday, football has a strange way of bringing you down to earth with a huge bump or raising you to a high you never want to lose.

But one thing is certain; one thing is going to happen that is for sure. Come hell or high-water from 12:30 onwards the traveling support will be clearing their throats, opening their mouths and using their fine vocal chords to chant:-

"We know what we are, Champions of Europe, we know what we are."
    Repeat
    Repeat

For once, stuff the quotes (we`ll cover those nearer the game) and wherever you may be, join those lucky enough to have tickets in joining it, 19th May 2012 - one of those moments that you`ll remember until the day you die!

Spurs Team News:

A lot has happened at White Hart Lane since Didier Drogba slotted home that penalty, in the shoot-out, against Bayern Munich to land us our first ever Champions League Final triumph. Daniel Levy, for one, has changed the guard at Rottenham Palace; Uncle Harry has been shown the door and some young upstart called Andre Villas-Boas has taken over the managerial reigns.

Other familiar faces have also departed. Ledly King has hung up his boots, Rafael Van der Vaart has departed for greener pastures whilst the sale of Luca Modric has reminded us all that Spurs are never too far away from being called a selling club!

But there has been movement into White Hart Lane with Andre Villas-Boas making the signing of Adebayor permanent whilst also signing a talented keeper in the shape of Hugo Lloris, thereby, seemingly, ending the Spurs career of Brad Freidel.

But, although I`ve been a tad dismissive of those who have a chicken as a badge, I should slightly redress the balance by pointing out that they do have some talented players with the wide-men of Bale and Lennon able to stretch defenses and Defoe able to capitalize on any half-chances.

However, perhaps the smartest move Andre Villas-Boas has made, apart from clearing his desk at Chelsea, is procuring the services of the former Fulham duo of Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey, both of whom are more than capable of changing a game around.

Unfortunately a former Chelsea player Scott Parker, remains sidelined due to injury. Parker, now with his fourth London club, will be missed in what could be a feisty affair.

Player to watch: Gareth Bale

The Welsh flyer appears to have started the season well and is back to the kind of form that terrorized defenses, at times, last season. Can he be a pivotal factor in a win Andre Villas-Boas would die for? We`ll just have to wait and see won`t we!

Chelsea Team News:

Roberto Di Matteo will be hoping that none of his international stars will have returned with injuries that are likely to prohibit their availability for this fixture.

Likely to be absent from the squad though are Frank Lampard, Ryan Bertrand and John Terry. The first two having picked up problems whilst with the international squad and the latter through starting the ban imposed by the FA after the Anton Ferdinand fiasco was brought to a close.

We`re hoping that Daniel Sturridge had shaken off the injury that has kept him side-lined for several weeks now but we wouldn`t hold our breath and as for Marko Marin`s availability, you tell me!

Don`t expect Roberto to stray too far from the following starting eleven:-

Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Torres

Player to watch: David Luiz

White Hart Lane, and a white hot atmosphere, is just the sort of game that will delight our somewhat maverick central defender. There`s something about such occasions that Luiz thrives on. Hopefully, he`ll keep his defending tight, not be too maverick bringing the ball out of defense and will, given the chance, bury a free kick similar to that which he scored in Copenhagen.

Match Facts & Stats

White Hart Lane, or Three Point Lane as we used to lovingly call it, has provided us with some wonderful memories. Once upon a time you just knew that a visit to N17 would bring us three points.

Reflecting on a few memories I can recall:-

- The marvelous 6-1 win and that Tor Andre Flo hat-trick
    - Marcel Desailly`s late, late winner.
    - A 4-0 thrashing that helped ease the pain of being on the receiving end of a 5-1 reverse in the Rumbelows Cup.
    - That marvelous night when, in the FA Cup replay, Andrey Shevchenko scored a scorcher as we marched into the next round.

And I`m sure you all have your own wonderful memories. Indeed, I caught a quote from Tor Andre Flo whereby the Norwegian intimated that if Chelsea were on a bad run they`d look to the Spurs fixture knowing they`d get that win to turn their fortunes around.

But, in recent times, White Hart Lane hasn`t been such a happy hunting ground.

Guus Hiddink, in his brief temporary tenure as Chelsea manager suffered his only defeat there whilst others, Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti to name two, have also failed to reproduce that remarkable period whereby we ruled the roost quite comfortably in N17.

Ref Watch:

The officials appointed for this fixture are:- Referee - M. Dean Assistant - S. Ledger Assistant - J. Brooks Fourth Official - L. Mason
    Match Prediction:

Now this fixture could go one of two ways. The first scenario will see Chelsea take their second scalp in North London, in a matter of weeks, in a hard fought fixture, thereby maintaining their place as pace-setters in the Premier League this season, leaving all Chelsea supporters with smug grins all over their faces. Or The second scenario will see a husky voiced Portuguese coach stood over a microphone, post-match, uttering words of intolerable length and stringing together sentences that nobody truly understands, as he celebrates getting some kind of revenge over Chelsea. Which of the two scenarios do you see prevailing?

Read more: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=531375#ixzz29gB4E4Nw

You just have to larf at the arrogance of these "Johnny come lately's" bank rolled by Russian gangster blood money . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19 2012, 07:07

ye they dont like mike dean for some reason.
    when they leave the bridge they will wipe away 7 years of history lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 19 2012, 07:54

I think we have to play to the same levels we did against Man Utd away but spread over 90 mins to get anything from this game. Sharp incisive counter attacks and some heroic defending will be required.
    Torres is looking sharp so we will need Gallas to marshal the youngsters either side of him and Sandro on top of his game to cope with their attacking threat.

------------LLoris
    Walker--Gallas--Caulker--Verts
    --------Sandro--Dembele
    Lennon-----Dempsey-----Bale
    -----------Adybayour

I'd like to see Siggy given a half hour for Dempsey, just behind Adybayor. With Ade in the team rather than Defoe, I feel we will see a better game from him than what we've seen so far.

COYS...Let's do it for the birthday boy Andre.
    35 years old yesterday and manager of Spurs, it's still a little unbelievable thinking about it.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Oct 19 2012, 08:08

I agree with Lloris in goal Arnie. He will be on a real high after the France/Spain game. Adabayor, I think, will start as the England game will have helped AVB in his decision over Defoe. I just hope he doesn't revert to 2 deep holding mid-fielders as he did early season. Needs to give Dembele freedom to roam between Sandro & the back 4 and the attacking players. That's the area he can damage Chelski most. To be honest I think we can out muscle Chelski as well as out pass & skin 'em on the flanks. It will be tight but AVB can instil confidence into the team & give them that bit extra to give back to him with a result. My fear is if things don't quite come off the pro-Redknapp brigade will start their mutterings again . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Oct 19 2012, 08:21

Lloris to start I hope, Vis but I won't be to surprised or despondent if Brad is in goal.

Think we will have to be much better in our possession than we've been so far in any of the games and I think we will if Adybayor starts.

Let's hope Dembele is fit and his half time substitution against Scotland was tactical rather than due to an injury
    thfc4us
    thfc4us
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by thfc4us Sat Oct 20 2012, 14:31

I think Brad wil start this game....pity about the international break...but there it is....still think we CAN do this, HOME WIN !
    COYS !!!!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:06

No Dembele or Bale. Sandro & Thudd & Siggy. . . . .

Last edited by vis on Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:09; edited 1 time in total
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Oct 20 2012, 22:07

1159:
    LINE-UPS- Tottenham v Chelsea (12:45 BST)

Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Huddlestone, Sandro, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Defoe. Subs: Lloris, Adebayor, Naughton, Dawson, Falque, Livermore, Townsend.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Oscar, Hazard, Mata, Torres. Subs: Turnbull, Romeu, Lampard, Moses, Sturridge, Azpilicueta, Bertrand.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 00:29