The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
MarkA249
thfc4us
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
Boltjean
vis
10 posters

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C.

vis
    vis

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C.

Post by vis Sat Oct 20 2012, 23:36

Well to be honest I'm relieved to be going in at half-time at just a goal down. For big chunks of the 1st half we are being beaten by a much better team. Passing is sloppy & the ability to keep the ball seems to have deserted us. Adabayor for Dempsey and a right old rollicking from AVB . . .. .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea F.C.

Post by MarkA249 Sat Oct 20 2012, 23:41

We r missing Dembele and Bale big time Defoe greedy should of played Dempsey in and we are standing off too much thats too annoying
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 00:37

what the hell was walker doing keeping that in, straight to them and goal 4. total capitulation. fuckin fuming
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Oct 21 2012, 00:40

Oh dear . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 00:43

same soft underbelly im afraid.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 21 2012, 00:46

Good lord when is Kaboul back Gallas cant clear for toffee Walker thinks he is Messi in his own half Adebayor looks like he couldnt be arsed Defoe greedy but worked his cotton sock of so did Lennon Vertonghen if he doesnt win Player of the Season something wrong. As for chelski Hazard and Mata bit too good
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Oct 21 2012, 01:02

Gallas and Walker had mares out there today. Passing was awful from Gallas. Dempsey might have well not started. Lennon had a decent game as did Defoe. Ade perked us up when he came on but don't think Siggy had a good game he was also sloppy in parts. The shame is we matched Chelsea in parts.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 01:14

walker had a good shot saved near the end ,thought it was going in, then he cocks up on the byline to keep the ball in straight to them which led to their 4th. nightmare.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Oct 21 2012, 01:25

Beaten by a better team today . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 01:38

yeah, again
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Oct 21 2012, 02:01

tbh Cech had more saves to make then Brad. But the old boys are looking just that, old boys. Gallas had a shocker and Brad rarely comes for the ball. The only decent goal that was not down to a defensive error was Defoes. We miss Moussas strength on the ball and Bale would have had a field day against Ivanovich, I certainly don't think Cheatski will win the league.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 05:32

I suddenly feel a bit better, can't think why. Thanks norwich

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21 2012, 07:47

walkers been dire for ages now but we not said anything.
    brad is so rooted to hes spot we need to play lorris. brad not kept a clean sheet.

i thought siggy played well when he moved upfeild.

i thought defoe played well second half. dempsey was dire and ade look like he didnt give a toss. hes to matey with the chelsea players like he was in the 1 1 last season
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Oct 21 2012, 08:00

yeah, ade needs to come on and show a bit of fire in his belly. he comes on all smiling and jokey like he dont give a f*ck win lose or draw. maybe he doesnt, hes to laid back i want to see him give a bit of passion for this club to move us up a bit.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21 2012, 14:09

£0, £4m, £0, £0, £8m; £6m, £2.5m; £1m, £8m, £6m; £15m

£7m, £9m, £7m, £22m, £15m; £16m, £18m; £22m, £25m, £32m; £50m
    The Spurs starting 11 = The Torres transfer fee

Utterly crazy
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Oct 21 2012, 20:27

Frankly Lough Siggy was awful passing short getting caught in possession and should have been subbed before half time. Why when Bale wasn't playing did so much of our attacking in the first half go down the left. Lennon was obviously playing well and had the beating of Cashley but I don't think he touched the ball in the first 10 minutes. Better when we really attacked them in the second half and got in front but then lost momentum again.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 01:11

i thought siggy done well when he moved into the midddle

it was dempsey on the left who was awfuul because he was out of postion.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 22 2012, 02:07

I said that I wanted Friedel in goal for this one as I thought this game might put to much pressure on Lloris, how I was wrong. I read Jims post, My Take, and I belive he was spot on. Missing Bale and Dembele but imo we are missing Parker big time. A player I have given stick to in the past is Dawson, but surely he could have done a better job against Chelsea than Gallas so perhaps he should be recalled to the first team. As for Ade, is his heart at Spurs?, read today he wants a move, but can we blame him?.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 22 2012, 02:12

If you look at our midfield compared to theirs there is no comparison.
    I'm afraid Sandro and Huddlestone are not going to frighten any of the top teams and Sigg looks like he's about to do something good and it just doesn't happen.

Their midfield of Hazard, Oscar and Mata looked awsome today and made our's look very ordinary and as the season goes on they will get even better and I expect them to take the title.

We really missed Bale and Dembele today they would have made a great difference, especially Bale he always seems to excel on these sort of occasions and his runs would not have given their midfield the freedom they had to run us ragged in that last half hour.

I think today shows that we do miss Modric or at least a playmaker of his style and ability and Parker is much better at breaking up play than Sandro is. I hope he's back soon.
    Adeybeyor is just going through the motions. He's quite happy to take his £175,000 and smile his way through a game. He could have got a goal before they got their 4th but as usual his first touch let him down again.

I think Caulker is going to be a great CD but he does show his nievity at times and I woud prefer to have Dawson there for the time being until Vert can move back to his normal CD role.

A very dissapointing result, especially as we came back to make it 2-1 but in the end we were beaten by a much better team on the day.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Oct 22 2012, 03:10

we have Dembele Mikey. Stronger then Modric and faster, just not fit for this game

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:50