The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Defoe

djfitzo
    International
    International

Defoe Empty Defoe

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 06 2012, 01:59

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8226487/Andre-Villas-Boas-was-unconcerned-by-the-fact-Jermain-Defoe-reacted-to-being-substituted

Perhaps he should concentrate on being a team player and not trying to win every game on his own.
    His reverse pass to Bale against Manure to set up our third shows that he is capable of more then just shooting on sight, but just like being caught offside so often, it takes an eternity for the penny to drop with him!!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Defoe Empty Re: Defoe

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 06 2012, 02:11

Totally agree Dave. The amount of times I have screamed at him to pass the ball to a player with a better opportunity but no 9 times out of 10 (No exaggeration) he will have a go himself. Defoe is not liked much because of this. Most supporters on the facebook pages reckon he is far too greedy.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 06 2012, 02:28

BazSpur wrote:Totally agree Dave. The amount of times I have screamed at him to pass the ball to a player with a better opportunity but no 9 times out of 10 (No exaggeration) he will have a go himself. Defoe is not liked much because of this. Most supporters on the facebook pages reckon he is far too greedy.

And thats what separates the likes of Rooney and Aguero from Defoe, they know when to pass and when to shoot, same as Suarez, will always shoot and never look for the better option, just hate it when players on huge amounts of money storm off like little kids, christ his played almost every minute of every game and played for England, he looks jaded like a few of the players. Ok, Bale does shoot a lot, but also gets down the byline and puts great crosses in and maybe earned the right to have a pop.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 03:06

plus with bale hes young. and he prob gets fed up putting crosses in the box and our strikers not getting on end of them.

bale put in a perfect cross on saturday and all defoe had to do was move to near post. if you watch aguero and good strikers its there movemnet. and hernandaz at man u. always moving around the box.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 06 2012, 03:18

Ade isn't liked but the one thing more than any other about Ade is that he will pass if there is a is a better option on. He isn't greedy. In fact I have noticed times when he passed when he might have scored with a shot of his own. Typical Spurs, it's either or lol.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Tue Nov 06 2012, 08:05

Ade must start against Citeh.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 07 2012, 06:05

See me ? I don't rate Adabadback. I think he is lazy and just picking up a nice fat wage check every month. Every thing about him screams (to me I must add) that he does not care about OUR club like he hasn't cared about any of his previous clubs. He epitomises (to me again) the very worst of the modern mercenary footballer. It's all about the money for him and screw the traditions and faithful support of his current employer. If he goes in January I won't be the least surprised. If he's at The Lane next season I will be surprised. That is why with the striking options we have at present Defoe, whatever his faults, would be in my starting line-up every week. Oh for Andy Carrol in January and we can ship Adabadback off to his next big pay day. Defoe shows passion & commitment and that's what I want to see from a player wearing the shirt of OUR club . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 07:47

but when defoe dont score he brings not much else.
    like baz said at least ade will pass and come and recivee the ball.
    ade not great but when hes playing well we play better.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 07 2012, 08:03

Even when he's playing well he don't look interested to me Lought whereas Defoe always looks like he wants to win for Spurs. Even when he's getting regularly caught off side . . scratch . . .

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 08:45

but defoe is likea school kid. just thinks of himself. no football brain.

i know ade not the long term answer but hes a better team player then defoe.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Nov 07 2012, 10:57

How do we think Ade would be if he were 1st choice from the start of the season. More or less interested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content